View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 AM
cheldax46
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidsy <3 (View Post)
SERIOUSLY. Its so true. I love FNL to bits and I love that they try to keep this sense of realism but I feel like on any other show, Tim/Lyla would have had a happy ending. Plus, realistically, I actually do think they would have had a huge chance at succeeding. Just watching their interactions in s3 in particular, they just had this wonderful balance to them, there was so much give and take with them and ultimately, you can tell that they'd do anything to make their relationship work.
The thing that gets me is, yes, FNL is easily one of the most realistic shows I've ever watched, but it isn't real life. As I said many times in the s&s discussing Tim's development, pretty much everyone else on the show got their happy ending, no matter how unrealistic it was. Julie and Matt got engaged, Tyra got into UT, Smash got a football scholarship to A&M, Jason got a family and a great job, Jess got the chance to someday be a female football coach, Vince got off the streets and made something of himself through football, Luke didn't get to play college ball but was last seen happy with the girl he wanted since the day they met, Tami got to finally have her career come first etc etc. What did Tim get? No education, no career, no path in life at all but he did get a year in prison and the ex-girlfriend he broke up with years ago as a consolation prize because the girl of his dreams disappeared into thin air and apparently stopped caring about him. And I'm sorry, he wasn't any better off in the finale. He still had no job or money or any future, just brother helping him to begin building a house. Which would probably burn down anyway, given his luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidsy <3 (View Post)
Watching the s3 finale kinda makes me wish it was the series finale, esp for Tim since Billy's speech at the end to him was so heartwarming. You wanted him to make a life for himself and put himself through college so much. But GAH, they had to bring him back with barely anything to do, drop out of college and go to jail!? So sad.
i really hate how the chop shop sl downright ruined Billy as a character for me. He was always an irresponsible buffoon but in s1-3 he really did care about Tim having a better life than he did. And even he got a better ending by becoming a coach for the panthers.