Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
This Samuel Colt is a freaking genius!!!! Seriously, he is awesome
ITA. What a great idea, to build a huuuuge devil's trap
I'm sad that Ash died in that fire. He was a very likable character... wicked smart, weird and likable But I guess you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs
CogitoErgoFeminaSum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:16 PM
Obsessed Fan

It's a brilliant idea!

Yup, Ash shouldn't have died in that fire. He was a hilarious character I enjoyed him very much
Old 05-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Totally ADORED the finale!Sammy is alive,wooohoooow.But poor Dean,he sold his soul for him and that b*itch only gave him a year to live! !And we finally got TEH HUG *fangirl squeeeeee* And Dean finally killed that son of a b*itch YED with the Colt! Oh and It was so great seeing Papa Winchester again.
Sammy though is definitly not the same,i think Evil!Sammy is in there too cause of the way he killed Jake(who totally deserved it but still.).And even YED said so.Ah,who cares - he's alive! *does happy dance*
And last but not least - give Jensen Ackles a freaking Emmy!!!I've never cried at the beginning of an episode but that scene where he's looking at Sammy's body and taliking to him,gah broke my heart into a million pieces. I also liked the S1 parralel "We've got work to do." SWEET.

Oh and Carry On My Wayward Son kicks.ass.

Is it september yet?
........until the very end.
join & vote Jonathan Groff|Cveti
Cute_Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so sad for my dear Andy (and for Ash of course )

Ele

Last edited by Akira14; 05-20-2007 at 02:39 PM
Akira14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:31 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah i'm sad Andy died too.

------------------------------
Dean, He is my everything!!
Darkwix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Yeah I really liked him,he was funny.Ash kinda annoyed me though but he didn't deserve such an end
........until the very end.
join & vote Jonathan Groff|Cveti
Cute_Poison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwix (View Post)
Can't you just watch it at TV Links ?? its here i watch it..
I tried, but it wouldn't work with just comping up a blank screen with an X at the left side. I have another source
crash landing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 07:17 AM
New Fan

it was great when dean sacrificed himself one year to live to bring back sam alive.
neji duyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 10:23 AM
Passionate Fan

just watched the episode ..

seriously now words, i laughted, i cried when i saw John and i loved every moment of it . Jensen was really amazing, my tears never stopped whenever he cried, he deserves something for this episode for sure.

favorite moments : Dean's speech to dead Sam The hug Bobby confrenting Dean The reunion

Maybe it's just me but Jared in the reunion looked like he was CGIed into the scene, he keeps looking above JDM. did anybody else notice ??
Simply put -- It's good-bye."
The End's Script
Shephard & Austen
Noraabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Master Fan

Wow. What a season finale. I spent the week between the two parts of this episode refusing to think about the possibility of Sam being dead. I was sure that something would happen to make that okay. But somehow, the Crossroads Demon thing never occurred to me. I mean, it fits with continuity - I just didn't see it coming. I probably should have - what Dean wouldn't do for anyone else, he would do for Sam. All his beliefs about what should be ("What's dead should stay dead" - that came back up in this ep again) fly right out the window when Sammy's concerned.

Different bodies for the Crossroads Demon, but somehow, the attitude was consistent. I could believe that it was the same demon talking. Wonder if the actress watched the Crossroads Blues episode beforehand.

Dean would do anything to keep Sam safe. The way he seals the deal with the Crossroads Demon goes along to illustrate that. He's told that in order to get Sam back, he'll have one year to live and then his soul goes to hell. But not only does he agree, he's the one who grabs the Demon for the kiss, not the other way around. Dean jumps right in to save Sam, whatever the cost (and honestly, I was little worried about what else the Crossroads Demon might ask of Dean there).

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
Though I am a little upset, we still don't know why the demon picked the babies that he did.[/sp]
That's true. I think it has something to do with Mary, since she knew of The Demon. But then, why Sammy and not Dean, the older child? (Or is there something about Dean we don't know yet............ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob1983 (View Post)
Also, I loved the opening with Carry on My Wayward Son by Kansas. That song suits Dean and Sam perfectly. I believe Supernatural has used that song before back in season 1.
Yep, for the opening of Salvation. (Devil’s Trap opened with “Fight the Good Fight” - absolutely love these openings ) When I heard “Carry On, Wayward Son” again, it got me so excited - I love that song. And it goes so well with the brothers - it's like the show's unofficial theme song.

icon by lunas_borednow

Last edited by Anla; 07-22-2007 at 02:19 PM
Anla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Bringing this over from the Part 1 discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CountryBumpkin~ (View Post)
It is worriesome that Ava ended up so evil, think what could happen to Sam, because even if the YED is dead I doubt that is the end of that storyline, why show us that Mary knew the demon, why make it a point that Sam kept that from Dean. But without the YED can Sam still get more of his powers but use them for good? or are the powers just evil no matter what?
I don't think we've seen the last of Sam's "powers", either. There was just too much buildup about them in the finale - learning about Mary's possible connection (even if we don't know any specifics), the way that Ava and Jake both went darkside so fast after starting to use their powers more.

And what concerns me, is that I can so easily see Sam using his powers more next season in order to try and save Dean from his deal. Sam is determined to save his brother, and I believe that he would do anything for him. But it he tries to get control of his powers, what effect will it have on him?

icon by lunas_borednow
Old 07-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

That is exactly what my worry is! We know Dean would sell his soul for Sammy, and Sammy would do the same thing, maybe not actually going to the crossroads and striking a deal but like you said in order to save Dean he starts dabbling and before you know it, there is nothing he wont do to save him, needs to kill somebody with his powers to get Dean an extra day, done. Who know's maybe that was the YED back up plan, he'd get the last laugh over the Winchesters anyway. So much potenial for different roads for this story to take.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Tennessee Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

that's what I liked about the finale, it opened up a lot of roads and possibilities for the future. How they would solve their dilemmas, will Sam be able to save Dean? how? Is the YED really dead? stuff like that.

I'm sad that a lot of interesting characters died though

av
Mei Zhuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love the season finale and how it opened new stuff for the next season. Remember before the YEd died he asked Dean if he's sure that the person he ressurected is 100% Sammy.With that I already had thought evil!Sam may be back this S3. And yes, the way he killed Jake. I can never justify it unless I put evil!Sam in the picture. Yes, he might be so angry that Jake stabbed him and all, but Sam? The Sam that I had grown to love can never hurt a fly, so I doubted that it was 100% Sam killing Jake.

I think I had posted on this thread before saying maybe Sam will find ways to save Dean but unknowingly he's nurturing evil!Sam inside of him.
HappySquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

I actually have never thought that Sam was so completely sweet and harmless. Not that I think he's evil - I think he's a good guy (and still is). But I've always believed he (like Dean) has the potential for being dangerous and violent in order to protect those he loved. He's a Winchester. I think my first major twinge of worry about Sam's potential for darkness was all the way back in Faith, the way he stood there and watched while the Reaper killed the wife, the expression on his face as he didn't do anything to try and save her after she tried to kill Dean (not that he could have done anything, but the way he did nothing to even try, along with his expression........ )

Sam didn't know what the price was going to be in Faith for saving Dean's life, that an innocent person would have to die in Dean's place. And there was no way he could have known. But I wonder if even Sam knows what he would have done if he had known. I suspect he's glad he didn't have all the information, didn't have to make that choice. But in IMTOD, when Sam did know the likely price for messing with that type of magic and bringing back someone from the edge of death, I noticed that he apparently had no hesitation about trying to find a way to do just that. To save Dean.

For pretty much the whole time I've watched the show, I've had the idea that the way to get to the brothers was through each other. Their love and connection is what makes them such an awesome team and lets them get through what they've had to in their lives, but it could also be something that could be exploited by the bad guys. What wouldn't they do for each other? Sam seemed willing to do anything he could to save Dean in IMTOD. In Croatoan, Dean refuses to let Sam be killed, even when they believe he's infected, and even stays behind with him, willing to take the chance of becoming infected and a murderous creature himself rather than leave his brother. In BUBS, Dean's first instinct upon finding the dead hunter was to cover up for Sam. What if the Crossroads Demon had asked Dean for something other than his own life/soul in exchange for Sam's life? Is there anything he wouldn't have done to save Sam? And now, are there any lengths Sam wouldn't go to in order to save Dean? (I mean, Sam ran off to try and help Dean from YED, leaving Bobby and Ellen struggling to close the doors to hell. Sam chose helping Dean over stopping hell from being unleashed on earth. That's a pretty clear indication of his priorities there.)

By the time Sam killed Jake, it wasn't just about Jake and Sam anymore. Jake had deliberately and willingly opened the doorway to hell (that scene where YED tells Jake that the Colt can kill it is important, I think. Once Jake had that gun, his choices were made willingly. He could have killed YED and saved his family then and there, so he couldn't use the excuse of being forced into it to save his mother and sister anymore). And more, by then Sam knew what had happened. You can see it on his face when Jake talks about how he killed Sam, the way Sam looks over at Dean. Sam's not stupid, and he knows his brother. He knew Dean did something to bring him back. So essentially, Jake not only stabbed Sam in the back and killed him. For all intents and purposes, Jake ended up killing Dean, too, even if not by his own hands.

Not saying that what Sam did wasn't extreme and very worrisome. There was a cold fury in his actions and attitude that freaked me out (and Dean). It's possible that something in Sam's personality is changed a bit by everything that's happened. But I believe it's still essentially Sammy. The scene where he talks with Dean about how he would do anything for him, the way he looked at his father's ghost - it's still Sammy, good and bad. What's happened may give the darker side of him, the part he usually keeps in check, more access, though. And I'm more intrigued by that than it being a simple possession-type personality shift.

But it's going to be interesting to see what happens (and probably there are going to be lots of not-good things ahead for both brothers). I believe there have been instances when Sam has wanted to kill before - Gordon in Hunted (until Gordon points out that killing him would show Dean what a monster he really was), Jake in the first part of the finale. But he chose not to in both cases. This time, he didn't chose not to. The way it was done - something's up. And I suspect that Sam's going to get more desperate and possibly darker as he fights to save his brother.

icon by lunas_borednow
Reply   Post New Thread