Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeh, there were plot holes upon plot holes. And I'm not one for nitpicking - I can usually suspend disbelief because it's grounded in science (which I'm no brain at) and real characterization. So, more times that not, I'm good. But this stretched the bounds... particularly when we got to Ghost-guy interacting with Bones at the end. Symbolism aside, it could have been handled differently and better... oh how I would have loved if the manifestation of Terry had purely been Booth's subconscious.

And to be quite honest, there wasn't even enough unambiguous (what's new?) forward movement between Booth and Bones in this to justify the sloppy story. They were right back to square one between each other at the end anyway. They may as well have been back in early second season at the end of the episode, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how many near death experiences and closerthanthis moments they need to have to truly push them forward and into new territory.

Anyway, I love Booth and Bones' relationship as much as anyone - big fan! It keeps me tuned in. But I like my dose of reality and smarts along with it. And unfortunately for the Bones crowd, I've come to expect it from them. They're usually crackerjack with the dialogue and subtlety in this is renowned... but as an example, at the end, why did they have Bones ask Booth if it was his fault that Terry died? Why would that be the first thing she would think? They could have gotten to Booth's acceptance of events with another type of line to lead them there... that was just... no.

This is one of my least favorite episodes so far and as I mentioned before, this last Grave Digger episode doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Ah well. Looking forward to the next one. Hope they're back to their usual top game.

Last edited by FrillyKnickers; 02-08-2009 at 05:27 PM Reason: typos
FrillyKnickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Total Fan

There's plot holes in almost every show, things that just woouln't happen that way in real life.

And because of this, I come bearing a possible state of mind, so you will.

In my head, I just assume that every show I watch (that doesn't already take place in a specific other planet or universe) takes place on a planet called Htrae (The word "Earth" backwards), where basically everything is exactly the same as it is on Earth, except for a few things here and there that make whatever plot holes there are possible in this "alternate" universe.

I know it's a bit weird, but it keeps me from b****ing too much whenever something just WOULD NOT happen that way in real life.
A storm approaches. It's still over the horizon, but there is lightening in the air. Are either of them aware of the gathering turbulence? Can they feel that crackle of electricity in the wind, or are they aware of only the power they generate between themselves?
Everything Happens Eventually
JJ4EVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:31 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrillyKnickers (View Post)
Yeh, there were plot holes upon plot holes. And I'm not one for nitpicking - I can usually suspend disbelief because it's grounded in science (which I'm no brain at) and real characterization. So, more times that not, I'm good. But this stretched the bounds... particularly when we got to Ghost-guy interacting with Bones at the end. Symbolism aside, it could have been handled differently and better... oh how I would have loved if the manifestation of Terry had purely been Booth's subconscious.

And to be quite honest, there wasn't even enough unambiguous (what's new?) forward movement between Booth and Bones in this to justify the sloppy story. They were right back to square one between each other at the end anyway. They may as well have been back in early second season at the end of the episode, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know how many near death experiences and closerthanthis moments they need to have to truly push them forward and into new territory.

Anyway, I love Booth and Bones' relationship as much as anyone - big fan! It keeps me tuned in. But I like my dose of reality and smarts along with it. And unfortunately for the Bones crowd, I've come to expect it from them. They're usually crackerjack with the dialogue and subtlety in this is renowned... but as an example, at the end, why did they have Bones ask Booth if it was his fault that Terry died? Why would that be the first thing she would think? They could have gotten to Booth's acceptance of events with another type of line to lead them there... that was just... no.

This is one of my least favorite episodes so far and as I mentioned before, this last Grave Digger episode doesn't hold a candle to the original.

Ah well. Looking forward to the next one. Hope they're back to their usual top game.
HERE HERE!!

I hope next week's episode (and I'm sick of waiting two weeks inbetween new episodes!!) is much better.
roarimaraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:22 AM
New Fan

Eh, didn't pay much attention, I think I was doing something else while they aired, but what I saw was quite cheesy. A ghost helping him? Why did they need that??? I would much rather see Booth dealing by himself somehow. There a challenge for a good script writer.

And yeah, Brennan seeing him at the end. Gosh, they should shoot the writer. Why did it have to happen? No meaningful exchange existed between Brennan and the ghost. She didn't realize she had seen a ghost, what was the point? ***pulls hair***

And I would have loved for Sweets to be the GD.

Anyway, what you think guys? Things are getting totally stale between B/B. It is time to bring meaningful relationships to both of them. Just to keep it interesting and see them grow. Maybe he can marry or something. That would be quite interesting. I mean, if HH is not going to put them together, we as might get something else in exchange.
Darynthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ4EVER (View Post)
It's because I've always liked how the show has been neutral on religion. Booth's the super-catholic, Brennan's the super-atheist, and neither side was really favored. I enjoyed their discussions about religion greatly, and I know they'll still have them , I know Bones is still atheist and nothing has really changed, but it seems like by having her, the non-believer, see the "ghost" as well was kind of like the show saying, "Yes, Bones is an atheist, but the show supports Catholicism," and discrediting Bones, which will make any future religious discussion they have kind of void. They showed a bias that they hadn't showed before, and that would have been better if they didn't show it, imo.
I disagree. Brennan doesn't know that Teddy was a ghost and ghosts doesn't equal Catholicism or any kind of religion for that matter. If anything the show supports scientific atheism because Brennan will question a tenant of faith and Booth will just splutter and tell her to lay off the Catholics, making him look like some kind of moron who believes crazy things that no rational person would.

Mare

Angel: I loved Fred.

Angel loved Fred and in an eon of eons he would never harm her in any way.
marewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Booth in a tux!

Aw, he knows she looks beautiful even if he hasn’t seen her yet.

Poor Booth, kidnapped by the Gravedigger!

I liked his scenes with Teddy, esp. finding out why he named his son Parker.

Yes, Booth does have someone he loves whom he hasn’t told yet.

Loved Bren going to Jared for help and giving up the info to save Booth.

Also loved Bren smacking the Gravedigger in the face with the briefcase.

I’m with Hodgins; I hate the Gravedigger!

Bren saved Booth and huggage!

Since Booth was out of it he may have been able to do what it took to get out alone because it might not have happened as he remembered it.

Bren got him another cocky belt buckle.

I liked Booth talking to Clare at the end and waving to Teddy.

I’m glad he realizes that Teddy’s death wasn’t his fault.

Mare

Angel: I loved Fred.

Angel loved Fred and in an eon of eons he would never harm her in any way.
marewillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This was a big episode. Didn't have the same oophm to me as Aliens in the Spaceship. As some recasting had to be done, and reinventing of characters,

But it does get into some of issues Hodgins still had with their kidnapping. I still have a hard time believing the Gravedigger could get Booth into that position even unconscious, alone.

Although Booth was alone to get out. But he had a ghost helping him LOL. It really allowed him to have insight into his fallen brother from the military. And Parker's namesake.

Love the ending, and how they get the Gravedigger. Jared redeemed himself for this episode. I didn't care for his introduction episode.
True love began to flourish among the challenges
October 6, 1999 began a incredible journey - Max and Liz forever!
Jasper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really liked this episode a lot. I liked seeing the issues that Hodgins and even Brennan still had from the gravedigger. I am glad Jared stepped up to help as well.

I loved that we got insight into how Parker got his name and some of Booth’s time in the military.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

For someone yeah like Hodgins would be present when you didn't think it would be because he likes to cover it with his humor. Brennan is always guarded, so you don't know exactly how impacted she is. But it was good to see...

Although I find it a little stretch to think Hodgins would compromise the case like that.
Old 04-25-2020, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

They both covered how they were feeling in different ways. It was good to see the walls come down a bit.
I am an original”
Old 01-30-2022, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally they catch the gravedigger. Some recasting of players in the case, or killing them off LOL.

I have a hard time believe Jack putting his case at risk by taking some of evidence. Even if it was only a small piece.

I liked Jared finally with this episode. Stepping up, picking his job at risk.

Intense episode.
Old 01-31-2022, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was intense. It was interesting to see them finally catch the gravedigger.
I am an original”
Old 02-03-2022, 11:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Always found it strange once we knew who it was. How she got Booth even if he was unconscious. Of course it allowed for a clue into solving it.

More proof that Booth and Brennan were not a ordinary partner team. Him planning to go to her award ceremony. It would have been interesting to see that kind of enviornment with them together.

But it was a intense episode, and for once Jared redeemed himself.
Old 02-05-2022, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was an intense episode for sure.

Booth and Brennan were not an ordinary partner team for sure.

It was nice to see Jared redeem himself for once.
I am an original”
Old 12-12-2022, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow that episode was so good
Sure it´s understandable Hodgins hated the Gravedigger, but Deirdre Lovejoy did a wonderful job in that role as that Heather Taffett who was cold as ice
So yeah she was great!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top