Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2016, 02:06 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I agree

Same

On another note I was in Westfield on Saturday morning & saw a Delta Own Your Story sign . Seeing it in here reminded me of that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-09-2016, 03:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's cool!

Looking forward to this, I hope we get lots of info on the new album!

Old 05-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Graphics Team Manager

I hope so too .Thanks for that

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 05-09-2016, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for that

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 05-10-2016, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

The interview is here! It's pretty long, but here's some info on the new album:

Quote:
Now… album. We’re going to talk album. It’s been almost four years since ‘Child Of The Universe’… you’ve started giving us little hints, little tid-bits of information on your socials… What can you tell us?

I feel like the album is what I do, but it’s evolved, obviously. Well hopefully, not obviously (laughs). Hopefully! It’s got a lot of light and shade, it’s got up tempos, it’s got ballads, it’s got a very rounded feeling about it and songs that you can really sing along with.

Who’ve you been working with on it? Obviously the DNA boys

The DNA boys. And I worked a lot with Dave Hodges and I’ve worked with, obviously, Vince Pizzinga, my long-running collaborator. He and I have done some really big orchestrations in there too, which was so fun. I wrote with Martin Johnson – he was fantastic. Who else have we worked with? I’m going through the set list.

There are a couple of songs prior to ‘Wings’ and then there are songs after ‘Wings’. So it’s kind of making sure that there’s that ribbon between them all. That’s always been my job, obviously. Though you can write with all kinds of different people, you’ve still got to make sure you’ve got your distinct sound through it.

--
Naww… That’s so sweet! Well we’re presuming that an announcement for this album can’t be too far away?

It is literally around the corner. I’m just giving some air to this song and then, obviously, heading on the road… I’ll tour the album straight out the gate so I can share the stories from it really soon.

So tour… Tell us about the tour.

I think it looks like August. We’re just trying to come up with the dates at the moment, but I think it looks like August.

Wow! So that must mean that the album…

That the album will be before that!

So hang on… you’re saying that within the next 12 weeks, we will have a new Delta Goodrem album to call our own!

Yyyesss…. (laughs) You leave me enough time and I’ll just keep working on it, so I think I’m getting the door slowly shut. ‘Delta… give us the album NOW’!

Well you do leave it a little while between albums, let’s not deny it.

You know what? I think that everything in good time. It doesn’t always need to be… I’ve gone off and explored musical theatre, I’ve gone off and explored other elements of music. I continue to work on shows. It’s always meant to happen in good time. Just like our interview! These things are always meant to happen when they’re meant to happen. There’s no need for me to constantly have an influx of new music all the time and I never go out of the gate without feeling 100% that I’m behind the product.
Read more
Old 05-10-2016, 04:52 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Thanks for that

I don't think Wings & Dear Life are all that different . One is upbeat & one's a ballad but I think content-wise they're not all that different . I also agree with her in saying they are true to what she does

I think I'll pass on the 15 year anniversary edition of I Don't Care (nice that she still remembers at least the chorus though)

(is it strange that I was reading it but picturing Delta saying her answers/hearing her voice in my head?)

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-19-2016, 03:30 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Tour was just announced on The Voice

Quote:
Australia’s very own superstar, singer songwriter Delta Goodrem will embark on her long awaited headline shows this October / November as part of her national Wings of The Wild Tour.

The Wings of The Wild Tour will see Delta perform hit songs spanning her 15 year career. This will be Delta’s first headline tour since her hugely successful Believe Again Tour in 2009.

WINGS OF THE WILD TOUR DATES:

Thursday October 27, 2016 - Newcastle Entertainment Centre
Friday October 28, 2016 - Qudos Bank Arena, Sydney
Thursday November 3, 2016 - Margaret Court Arena, Melbourne
Saturday November 5, 2016 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre
Tuesday November 8, 2016 - Perth Arena
Friday November 11, 2016 - Brisbane Convention Centre

TICKETING INFORMATION:

Telstra Thanks is bringing an exciting 48-hour pre-sale just for Telstra customers from 10am, Monday June 27.

My Ticketek members will receive pre-sale access between 2pm, Wednesday June 29 and 12pm, Thursday June 30.

Tickets will be available to the general public at Ticketek Australia from 2pm, Thursday June 30.

Source

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-19-2016, 03:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news!
Old 06-19-2016, 03:50 AM
Graphics Team Manager

looks like it might just be hits & not to do with album 5

FB notified me that events were created near me & then now its told me they are cancelled I don't know what whoever is playing with her FB page is doing but it amused me a little

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-19-2016, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would be so disappointed if the album isn't out by then. Then again, she could release it at the end of November but that wouldn't make much sense.
Old 06-19-2016, 04:08 AM
Graphics Team Manager

So would I. I agree, November wouldn't make much sense. Plus if you look at the interview you posted in May she said it should be out before the tour (& some time in the next 12 weeks)

Maybe album in August or September & tour in October/November? or album released in October, just before the tour I'd rather August or September though

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 06-19-2016, 04:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm thinking October because October/November is when she usually releases her albums. Sooner would be better though of course
Old 06-19-2016, 04:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Yes, I agree with October

Chelle » join GTmy art
Old 07-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Yay for touring!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 07-28-2016, 09:54 PM
Graphics Team Manager

Delta's returning to acting:
Quote:
In a return to TV drama acting, Delta Goodrem is joining Nine’s House Husbands.

She will play Izzy Dreyfus, a reading recovery teacher who is slightly tomboyish and whose attitude diverts a threat to the Nepean South community.

“I couldn’t be happier to join the amazing House Husbands family. It’s such a fantastic Aussie drama that I love – and my whole family loves – so I feel very lucky and cannot wait to get started,” she said.

Nine’s co-Heads of Drama, Jo Rooney and Andy Ryan, said: “We’re very excited to welcome Delta Goodrem to the House Husbands cast. Delta is a much-loved Australian performer who brings a special star quality to our screens. We can’t wait to welcome her on-set to play Izzy.”

Playmaker Executive Producer Sue Seeary said: “Audiences adore her as a songstress and coach on The Voice and we are incredibly excited to be working with Delta the actress. The team at House Husbands are thrilled to welcome one of Australia’s most multi-talented artists – a welcome that will be heartily echoed by our audience.”

Source

Chelle » join GTmy art