Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2016, 04:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
Weren't there rumors about Tiana at some point?
Yes, but it was announced on April 1st, so I figured it was a cruel joke. These photos are gorgeous! Why would they use them as background characters?

I have said this before and I am going to say it again. I could care less about who gets the most screen time. I would prefer to see quality story over screen time. Snow, Charming, and Belle had no story last year. They were on screen, but their roles were pointless.
When people talk about screen time though, they seem to think that only 3 numbers are important. Hook, Emma and Regina. I strongly disagree that only those 3 should have the most screen time or that someone should be sidelined because they have used up their screen time for the season. The writers are selling a story, not a cell phone plan.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristi_adela (View Post)
Yes, but it was announced on April 1st, so I figured it was a cruel joke. These photos are gorgeous! Why would they use them as background characters?

I have said this before and I am going to say it again. I could care less about who gets the most screen time. I would prefer to see quality story over screen time. Snow, Charming, and Belle had no story last year. They were on screen, but their roles were pointless.
When people talk about screen time though, they seem to think that only 3 numbers are important. Hook, Emma and Regina. I strongly disagree that only those 3 should have the most screen time or that someone should be sidelined because they have used up their screen time for the season. The writers are selling a story, not a cell phone plan.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:43 PM
Master Fan

I think this season so far has given us a overwhelming amount of Regina.

But of course the people complaining about "OUAHook" are staying silent now, when Regina has easily surpassed his screentime in S5A. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Here's hoping they bench Regina or give her a much lighter load after this arc is done, it's too much.
Old 11-14-2016, 04:52 PM
Elite Fan

REGINA hasn't had that much screentime as at least half of that time is for the EQ. We wouldn't combine Jekyll and Hyde's time so I don't consider it the same character at all. Divide it in half and you will see that Regina has about the same as Rumple and much less than the only person you are concerned about.

You don't seem to care about Emma spending time with her parents or her son. She just needs to not spend time with Regina while Hook has to have more screentime than the other two leading ladies but especially Regina.

Hook had a centric that was all about him and his family. He bonded with Henry. He's helping Belle. He's going to get some adventure with Charming

And if you cannot tell the difference between his getting all of that versus what the other characters got last year just standing around (outside 45.02 for Charming, 5.13 for Snow and 5.17 for Belle), then you will never understand why people were complaining.

Last edited by Austenphile; 11-14-2016 at 05:02 PM
Old 11-14-2016, 04:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radames (View Post)
I think this season so far has given us a overwhelming amount of Regina.

But of course the people complaining about "OUAHook" are staying silent now, when Regina has easily surpassed his screentime in S5A. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Here's hoping they bench Regina or give her a much lighter load after this arc is done, it's too much.
You shouldnt forget that the whole stupid "stoponceuponahook" thing...just comes from the haters and the crackship side of the fandom.
I dont consider them real fans, so personally i dont bother.
Thats why i love that we didnt got people trying to get the same twitter trend starting with Regina...even if the fact that you have her twice on screen, pretty much screams for such a thing.

In the end, i personally dont care how many minutes and seconds a character gets...i just enjoy the show.
Didnt care that we barely got any killian scenes this week, or not much of Charming and Snow.
That happens in a show that has such a large cast and wants to tell a overall main story.
You cant expect a show with 45 minutes to squeeze every character and every side story in it...that would be a mess.

I find it however a bit "petty" when people dont want to understand that and act as if the actors should leave the show and as if working for OUAT is such a crime because they dont get 45 minutes story every week for their favorites.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 11-14-2016, 05:00 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austenphile (View Post)
REGINA hasn't had that much screentime as at least half of that time is for the EQ. We wouldn't combine Jekyll and Hyde's time so I don't consider it the same character at all. Divide it in half and you will see that Regina has about the same as Rumple and much less than the only person you are concerned about.

You don't seem to care about Emma spending time with her parents or her son. She just needs to not spend time with Regina and Hook has to have more screentime than the other two leading ladies but especially Regina.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is Rumple supposed to be this unbearable? Because I cannot stand him at all anymore. I want him gone ASAP. And I love Robert Carlyle so much so it should tells you how much TPTB messed this character up.

Only thing I like is when Gold talks about him at the third person. I love it.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:05 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madani (View Post)
Is Rumple supposed to be this unbearable? Because I cannot stand him at all anymore. I want him gone ASAP. And I love Robert Carlyle so much so it should tells you how much TPTB messed this character up.

Only thing I like is when Gold talks about him at the third person. I love it.
Adam and Eddy have said that Rumbelle fans should have hope. That is a REALLY hard pill to swallow after the things he's doing now.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I think Regina really needs to be benched after this arc is done. The amount of Regina especially cause it's double is too much.

People say the show is balanced, don't make me laugh. It's Once Upon A Regina.
Interesting graphics and yes its BS people complain saying its Once Upon CS like really??
also Regina has like 4/5 (maybe even more) centric episodes through in a season. while Emma only have 1 centric episode each season. and lets no mention Snow/Charming who are in the sidelines since s3.

Quote:
You shouldnt forget that the whole stupid "stoponceuponahook" thing...just comes from the haters and the crackship side of the fandom.
I dont consider them real fans, so personally i dont bother.
this

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 11-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I guess will be getting the summary next Monday
Old 11-14-2016, 05:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Nice try, but that's not gonna work cause it's her on screen. Even if she's playing two different characters, it's double the Regina. Jekyll and Hyde were played by two different actors. Big difference.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It's screentime where she's on screen. Jekyll and Hyde were played by two different actors. Big difference.
Did you count James' screentime with Charming's even though they were played by the same actor? Because I didn't.

If you want to fuss about Lana's screentime,then I will think you have a point.
Old 11-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Regina is the Evil Queen
James isn't Charming ..Charming isn't james
the question wasnt for me but no its not the same screen time. also i dont think she was talking of the actor screen time.

☆ The Swan-Jones ☆
♥S&K♥♥R&Hr♥♥P&K♥♥J&B♥♥C&C♥♥E&K♥

Old 11-14-2016, 05:21 PM
Loyal Fan

Its tricky with stuff like the split now or james or the time travel killian thing.
In terms of now with regina...i think it should be considered as one character, same with killian.
James and charming are two different characters however...at least in my book.

I also have a boring and lame Tumblr account
Old 11-14-2016, 05:29 PM
Elite Fan

Everyone has their own opinions. Personally I think this season has been significantly better than the past two. But I get that everyone doesn't agree. It's not easy seeing your favorite have their storyline and screentime cut.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread