Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2017, 12:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
Oh, okay. So it's between Tandy and Deacon. Hmmm. Honestly, the courts would probably go with Tandy if her living biological parent said so, because Tandy has a biological connection to her. Personally, I think she'd be fine with Deacon and should probably stay with her sister (hellbeast that Maddie is), but if Teddy voiced a desire for her to stay with Tandy, that would probably have heavy sway. Especially given that Daphne's biological mother did once keep the biological child she DID have with Deacon away from him for like 15 years out of concern for his alcoholism, and he also recently lost legal rights to her. Deacon would get crucified in any custody battle for Daphne if Rayna was not in the picture. If everyone agreed she could live with him (Rayna's will AND Tandy AND Teddy), that'd be about the only way he could keep her.

Again, I don't know why I'm debating logic on legal matters on this show. LOL. A crack-coated cookie would get custody of Daphne if the writers said so.
We actually have no idea what's going on beyond what's in the episode description which is "A legal dispute threatens to break apart the family." Plus we know Teddy and Tandy are back for this episode but as far as we can tell not for more. Or at least we haven't seen any signs of either of them after this episode. We don't even know if this legal dispute is about Daphne, it just seems to most fit with what we do know

Whatever it is didn't seem to go to court. No court scenes filmed and they're all at the CMT awards together at the end of the episode. So if this is over Daphne I would guess Teddy sides with her staying in Nashville in her home with her sister and Deacon.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Unfortunately so true. I have to say I feel it's so contrived that they would fight over Daphne when it hasn't even been a week between 509 and 510 yet they still don't care to fix the mess that is Juliette's rights to Cadence. Juliette better hope Avery doesn't get in cars or planes or anything and dies cause she is screwed.
I'm starting to think we are expected to forget about that - a bit like Layla it's never to be mentioned again ! Do we even know if the divorce is final ? I have no idea.

I really want them to address it but it seems they aren't interested.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:28 PM
New Fan

Just checked instagram. Connie's PA has been posting saying they are on set......
Old 02-21-2017, 12:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
We actually have no idea what's going on beyond what's in the episode description which is "A legal dispute threatens to break apart the family." Plus we know Teddy and Tandy are back for this episode but as far as we can tell not for more. Or at least we haven't seen any signs of either of them after this episode. We don't even know if this legal dispute is about Daphne, it just seems to most fit with what we do know

Whatever it is didn't seem to go to court. No court scenes filmed and they're all at the CMT awards together at the end of the episode. So if this is over Daphne I would guess Teddy sides with her staying in Nashville in her home with her sister and Deacon.
I guess I could see Tandy's visceral response that Deacon not be allowed to keep Daphne, because Tandy is not what anyone would call Deacon's biggest fan, lol. Teddy generally is not the worst father though, so if both Maddie and Daphne express a desire to him to remain together and remain with Deacon, and he can be assured Deacon isn't spiraling out of control, he'd probably okay Deacon keeping them while he finishes his sentence.

Still, I wish this show would lighten up on the "who has legal access to the kids" drama.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

A legal dispute could be about money no?
Old 02-21-2017, 12:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asprin08 (View Post)
Just checked instagram. Connie's PA has been posting saying they are on set......
When like on set right now? Seem odd with that is being filmed today.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
When like on set right now? Seem odd with that is being filmed today.
No, sorry, just checked the date. Was 4 days ago
Old 02-21-2017, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Does Rayna have any money, lol? I can never keep track of where they are on that front.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:05 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjou (View Post)
Did they just gamble on how much people liked Maddie? Like 'Oh they won't notice if Rayna's not there, because her daughters got loads of scenes' I love Rayna and Deacon. I hate her/their kids. Season 1 worked because they showed up every 4 or 5 episodes, sang a bit (which is their forte, much more than acting) and then buggered off again to let the grown-ups get on with their lives.

They should said to Connie "fine you're going" and then given the other characters enough to carry them through the season. I haven't been able to enjoy Deyna anyway knowing CB was more than likely leaving midseason. It all seemed like they were cramming everything in to placate the Deyna fans.
Exactly this, trying to give you all you want when we still can, but it doesn´t work that way. That just makes the finale blow even worse and ruin Rayna´s whole story, since now it´s just her journey to death. Meaning if it goes like we think of course!

Quote:
I don't see it as dishonesty. She literally could be unable contractually to reveal whether or not she's leaving. That being said, it does seem like all reports say her name is a big buzz for pilot season right now, so I think that speaks for itself.
Actually that pilot season talk was 1 article and Fox´s casting manager said in interview she will get lot of offers, but casting person wasn´t sure Connie would take any. But who knows.

Why people are criticizing Connie´s comments is that she started to give more definite comments implying she is staying when they filmed ep9 whereas before that she just said wait and see. So why the change if knowing Rayna´s death was already in filming? She could have just continued no comments policy. I will stay Connie fan and respect her choice whatever those are. But this will teach me the lesson to not trust anything anyone says in interviews. And that breaks my heart almost as much as thought of Rayna´s death

Quote:
There were lots of things she could've said if she wasn't allowed to say she's leaving. 'Duration' and 'fully committed' (something like that, I can't recall) etc. are more dishonest than necessary.
And then there is also this while they filmed ep9: Is this your last season?

I’m not sure, honestly. We’re all sort of figuring out what’s happening, and right now we’re just in it. And I’m really happy to be in that place. https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/15/a...ille.html?_r=1

Quote:
Hayden is on the late late show with james corden a day later.
Thanks for info!

Quote:
Could it be mourners for Bucky?
With bodydouble thought that too. What a nice season, kill everyone

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-21-2017 at 03:13 PM
Old 02-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Master Fan

It's kind of a strange situation because you can see the writers not wanting anyone to know she's leaving but then you can also see the writers not wanting to ruin their storyline by saying she's staying. I still think she's gone but there's a small part of me that believes she's in for all of season 5. It just seems ridiculous to leave half way through! I mean it's not that much longer to just stay and not even up going out in a ridiculous way. I could see if she wanted Rayna to die at the end of season 5 if they did get signed on for season 6, but why mid season? They're almost done this season so it seems silly. But I obviously don't know the legalities of it.

Daphne can decide who she wants to live with, she's a woman now! 😜
But in all honesty, did they never add Deacon as her legal guardian? These people....
Old 02-21-2017, 03:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asprin08 (View Post)
Thanks for this, gives some hope even though there is just #setlife

Someone stated from promo that Rayna seems to have kidney failure. So what if Tandy´s there to donate kidney? Would parallel Deacon/Beverly.

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-21-2017 at 03:40 PM
Old 02-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Master Fan

Wouldn't it be amazing if we're all focused on Connie and then something crazy happens to someone else? I'm holding on to hope that the writers aren't this obvious
Old 02-21-2017, 03:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
It's kind of a strange situation because you can see the writers not wanting anyone to know she's leaving but then you can also see the writers not wanting to ruin their storyline by saying she's staying.
Or they could've given her a story arc that didn't involve stalkers and car crashes it's a mess whichever way you look at it.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:56 PM
Master Fan

Nashville Costumes — Wardrobe Notes for Wednesday 2/22 (Trailer Park...

The mourners tomorrow are part of the trailer park flashbacks to 1993
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-21-2017, 04:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
Wouldn't it be amazing if we're all focused on Connie and then something crazy happens to someone else? I'm holding on to hope that the writers aren't this obvious
I had this thought! But then I said nooooo. They wouldn't do that would they??
Closed Thread   Post New Thread