Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I know what you mean but even when I try and think about how I would write it, it does seem really difficult so say Rayna is on tour and then we don't see any tour and she's not with her family at all. I could see it if they filmed a bunch of Rayna prior, like phone calls and such but it would be totally out of place because how would they know what kinds of things she would be talking about? i don't think it's as easy as it seems. and then not being at highway65,...I think it would be hard to be believable for sure when all the characters on this show are effected by her gravity
At first it might feel odd, but they can also make one sided conversations when we see others on phone but not her or then some scenario where she would have needed to leave to keep family safe etc... It´s just that there would have been ways to do it plausible instead giving us this quick death and no hope for happy ending.

And even death could have been done better than making her double victim and giving this message that your past will come to bite you and kill you no matter you do.

https://twitter.com/IceTear1/status/835499661888786437 This is something I have think about they could copy to salvage the ending in finale though might have been easier to turn it fake out in Alias since different kind of show.

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-25-2017 at 03:55 PM
Old 02-25-2017, 03:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keke75p (View Post)
CMT doesn't need ratings like big networks, so it had a chance, and I'm going to do my best to encourage others to try and keep this great show going. Hayden is a GREAT actress I like her more than Connie my thing w Connie was only her relationship w Deacon that's it which believe me I hate losing that but losing Connie for those not big on Dayna is not really a big deal. Again I swore I was done w this show but after rethinking no way. I live the music, and Clare, Sam, jJ, Hayden and Chip and I'm going to start over clean slate post Connie w an open mind!
I'm really on the fence about continuing to watch this show. Rayna's death isn't the reason but one in a long line. Connie wanted to leave and this was really the only option in my opinion. I sympathize with the Rayna fans I truly do and completely understand how they feel. But honestly I just don't enjoy the show this season. It started with the W/K break up, then they destroyed S/G and made Scarlett so unlikable (I just can' get past how offended I am by 505), now Rayna is gone, Maddie is clearly a focus and I just find her annoying and boring. Every episode I find less and less reasons to watch. Now there is a WTD story line with Scarlett that I have no interest in and a teen runaway which I also have no interest in. There is nothing here that excites me.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
At first it might feel odd, but they can also make one sided conversations when we see others on phone but not her or then some scenario where she would have needed to leave to keep family safe etc... It´s just that there would have been ways to do it plausible instead giving us this quick death and no hope for happy ending.
That just wouldn't be satisfying to me. I'd want to see them together, not just talking on the phone and just Deacon's side of the conversation at that. I don't really believe, having read as many of the post-mortem articles that I could find, that Connie really would have done any more episodes than she's done. I know a lot of people believe that, but I think her comment about that was only to the extent that they needed her for a couple more episodes for storyline purposes.

I wasn't a straight up Rayna fan, but I had a huge investment in Deacon and Rayna. For her not to be a visible part of that storyline would have been completely unsatisfying for me. So while I hate - and I mean, really HATE - to lose them as a couple, anything less than her full commitment would not have been fulfilling to me. And I think the record shows she didn't want that commitment.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville615 (View Post)
That just wouldn't be satisfying to me. I'd want to see them together, not just talking on the phone and just Deacon's side of the conversation at that. I don't really believe, having read as many of the post-mortem articles that I could find, that Connie really would have done any more episodes than she's done. I know a lot of people believe that, but I think her comment about that was only to the extent that they needed her for a couple more episodes for storyline purposes.

I wasn't a straight up Rayna fan, but I had a huge investment in Deacon and Rayna. For her not to be a visible part of that storyline would have been completely unsatisfying for me. So while I hate - and I mean, really HATE - to lose them as a couple, anything less than her full commitment would not have been fulfilling to me. And I think the record shows she didn't want that commitment.
I also can imagine Rayna fans would be ticked off to never see her any more. Say, they did do this, no one would really know the alternative would be to kill her off so I can see a lot of fans complaining non stop "where's Rayna!" And "not watching until Rayna is back" it just seems like prolonging the inevitable but irritating the fans and possibly ruining the show that way.

If the show doesn't last without Rayna, they'll find out soon enough but I do think they made the right choice.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
I'm really on the fence about continuing to watch this show. Rayna's death isn't the reason but one in a long line. Connie wanted to leave and this was really the only option in my opinion. I sympathize with the Rayna fans I truly do and completely understand how they feel. But honestly I just don't enjoy the show this season. It started with the W/K break up, then they destroyed S/G and made Scarlett so unlikable (I just can' get past how offended I am by 505), now Rayna is gone, Maddie is clearly a focus and I just find her annoying and boring. Every episode I find less and less reasons to watch. Now there is a WTD story line with Scarlett that I have no interest in and a teen runaway which I also have no interest in. There is nothing here that excites me.
I agree with you mostly. The only thing keeping me watching is javery and my hope it will turn out better for them. Maybe they will surprise us with a decent storyline now. But if not I'm quite sure i won't want to go on with this show and hayden/Jonathan neither. I mean for actors it must also be frustrating to get OOC stuff which is totally flat and meaningless, just like for us fans.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Someone start a new thread, please.

ETA:

New Thread

Last edited by CityGal; 02-25-2017 at 10:36 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread