Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2017, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Ed's tweets are so weird. Like I adore him but his clues are a little too cryptic.

And I do have a question which hopefully is not offensive to S/G but does anyone really need/want to see Scarlett with a baby? Juliette's pregnancy they pretty much had to write because Hayden was very pregnant but unless Clare is pregnant, these people are nowhere near in the place to have children. But I'll take it over a returning Vita/Layla/any random pregnancy.

Personally after the disaster PPD story, I don't need a baby storyline of any kind including for J/A, D/R, Maddie etc.
It has crossed my mind that Clare could be pregnant. But otherwise, JA already had the "she finds out she's pregnant right after they've broken up/she's slept with someone else" story.

I think I've been pretty clear on my no babies stance I didn't even want Hayden's pregnancy written into the show.

And actually if it weren't for my deep desire to not have Maddie in a major story, I actually think her getting pregnant would be the most interesting option if someone had to get pregnant. Forcing her to grow up, deciding if she even wants to keep the baby, if she does how that fits in with the stardom she seems to have always thought she's entitled to. But again, no babies and no to that much Maddie
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-28-2017, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
It has crossed my mind that Clare could be pregnant. But otherwise, JA already had the "she finds out she's pregnant right after they've broken up/she's slept with someone else" story.

I think I've been pretty clear on my no babies stance I didn't even want Hayden's pregnancy written into the show.

And actually if it weren't for my deep desire to not have Maddie in a major story, I actually think her getting pregnant would be the most interesting option if someone had to get pregnant. Forcing her to grow up, deciding if she even wants to keep the baby, if she does how that fits in with the stardom she seems to have always thought she's entitled to. But again, no babies and no to that much Maddie
And with Clay it would be a nice angle to have but yeah that would be too much Maddie.

Yeah J/A had that angle, and D/R/T had the paternity test angle. At least with J/A we were spared of that test with the oh there can only be one daddy with that conception date.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:43 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Ed's tweets are so weird. Like I adore him but his clues are a little too cryptic.

And I do have a question which hopefully is not offensive to S/G but does anyone really need/want to see Scarlett with a baby? Juliette's pregnancy they pretty much had to write because Hayden was very pregnant but unless Clare is pregnant, these people are nowhere near in the place to have children. But I'll take it over a returning Vita/Layla/any random pregnancy.

Personally after the disaster PPD story, I don't need a baby storyline of any kind including for J/A, D/R, Maddie etc. And that goes double for the long lost teen daughter angle.
I don't trust that set of sides at all. And if it does turn out to be Scarlett, maybe she'll have a miscarriage. But then she'll probably blame Gunnar for ruining her life so...

If it is her I wonder who it is that she doesn't want to involve, Gunnar or Damien?

She could lose the baby (whoever she happens to be) and it makes her draw nearer to the father or breaks them further apart.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

I imagine it's Damien she doesn't want to involve. There was a scene in the sides where Scarlett runs into Damien outside H65 and he's about to leave town for another job. So if Scarlett is pregnant, Damien could be gone by the time she finds out. So she doesn't want to track him down if the baby isn't even his.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-28-2017, 02:51 PM
Master Fan

If it is Scarlett that ends up pregnant i want to know which of the guys she gets the swab from. I can't see her asking Damien for a swab since she doesn't really know him that well but I could see her really not wanting to tell Gunnar unless she's 100% sure it's his baby. I kind of think it could be a little interesting if she confides in Deacon only because he's been through this or something slightly similar and Rayna kept it from him. I can't really believe they would write a story like this only to have the baby be Damien's unless the big story here is that Gunnar will support Scarlett even if it's not his baby. I need more insight. I hate to sound nasty but I don't want the baby to come to fruition. I like the drama it could bring but I don't want anyone bouncing a baby instead of on a stage
Old 01-28-2017, 02:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
If it is Scarlett that ends up pregnant i want to know which of the guys she gets the swab from. I can't see her asking Damien for a swab since she doesn't really know him that well but I could see her really not wanting to tell Gunnar unless she's 100% sure it's his baby. I kind of think it could be a little interesting if she confides in Deacon only because he's been through this or something slightly similar and Rayna kept it from him. I can't really believe they would write a story like this only to have the baby be Damien's unless the big story here is that Gunnar will support Scarlett even if it's not his baby. I need more insight. I hate to sound nasty but I don't want the baby to come to fruition. I like the drama it could bring but I don't want anyone bouncing a baby instead of on a stage
That's why I'm kind of hoping for a miscarriage. It could bring her and Gunnar closer but who knows with the way they're writing them right now.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Since apparently they change not only the names, but also part of the content of some scenes ("fire" vs. stalker) we don't really know anything, do we ?

So Rayna may not be in 512 after all even if her name appears in the sides ?

As for the pregnancy. I haven't read the sides, but I think Scarlett or Maddie are the only possibilities for this storyline. I think Rayna is out of the question and I can't see it being Juliette either unless maybe Hayden is pregnant again in RL, but I doubt that and the baby daddy storyline wouldn't make any sense for J/A anyway ... 🤔
Old 01-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Dedicated Fan

You guys are so funny. Some days I come on here and there are only a couple of posts and other times I come here and have to wade through 6 pages or more. Some times it's hard for a girl to keep up

I really don't want to dredge up all the complaining from a few pages back but I wanted to make a comment. Hopefully this won't start us on another tangent because the posts were getting snarky. What I love most about this forum is that, as passionate as we all are about our favorite characters, we are normally very respectful of each other. You have no idea how much I appreciate you guys. You let me vent (more like beating a dead horse beyond all sense of reason) and even if you don't agree with me or have a different viewpoint, I always feel safe here. You guys are awesome!

So, back to my point, I feel it is my responsibility as a fan to complain when it is warranted. Does that mean that I am being ungrateful? No. I'm super grateful the show is back. S5 is far and away better than S4 especially 4B which was mostly unwatchable. But we have to remember that Marshall/Ed are new to Nashville. They didn't even watch the show prior to being hired. Yes, we had high hopes because...well they're Marshall and Ed. But it is unreasonable to think that they are going to get it perfect right out of the gate. They aren't. So as a passionate fan of the show, it is up to me to let them know what they are getting right and what they are getting wrong. Whether that is on Twitter/FaceBook or whatever. Personally, I don't do FaceBook. So I am going to be vocal on Twitter. I praise them when it is warranted and criticize when needed too. They are getting a lot right but not everything. For me, Will's storyline is unwatchable. As great as D/R are this season, Will is not. I'm very unhappy with him and they need to know that. Whether they choose to listen or not I don't know. Will it make any difference? I don't know. But at least I feel as though I have done my part as a fan to help the show improve. I don't see this as being ungrateful or complaining just for the sake of complaining. Nor do I believe any of us are complaining just for the sake of complaining. The show is not all rainbows, puppies and unicorns but we can try to get there.

Just my two cents and apologies for dragging us backwards a bit. Please continue with spoilers
Old 01-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
You guys are so funny. Some days I come on here and there are only a couple of posts and other times I come here and have to wade through 6 pages or more. Some times it's hard for a girl to keep up

I really don't want to dredge up all the complaining from a few pages back but I wanted to make a comment. Hopefully this won't start us on another tangent because the posts were getting snarky. What I love most about this forum is that, as passionate as we all are about our favorite characters, we are normally very respectful of each other. You have no idea how much I appreciate you guys. You let me vent (more like beating a dead horse beyond all sense of reason) and even if you don't agree with me or have a different viewpoint, I always feel safe here. You guys are awesome!

So, back to my point, I feel it is my responsibility as a fan to complain when it is warranted. Does that mean that I am being ungrateful? No. I'm super grateful the show is back. S5 is far and away better than S4 especially 4B which was mostly unwatchable. But we have to remember that Marshall/Ed are new to Nashville. They didn't even watch the show prior to being hired. Yes, we had high hopes because...well they're Marshall and Ed. But it is unreasonable to think that they are going to get it perfect right out of the gate. They aren't. So as a passionate fan of the show, it is up to me to let them know what they are getting right and what they are getting wrong. Whether that is on Twitter/FaceBook or whatever. Personally, I don't do FaceBook. So I am going to be vocal on Twitter. I praise them when it is warranted and criticize when needed too. They are getting a lot right but not everything. For me, Will's storyline is unwatchable. As great as D/R are this season, Will is not. I'm very unhappy with him and they need to know that. Whether they choose to listen or not I don't know. Will it make any difference? I don't know. But at least I feel as though I have done my part as a fan to help the show improve. I don't see this as being ungrateful or complaining just for the sake of complaining. Nor do I believe any of us are complaining just for the sake of complaining. The show is not all rainbows, puppies and unicorns but we can try to get there.

Just my two cents and apologies for dragging us backwards a bit. Please continue with spoilers
Exactly how I feel. I'll be damned if I stop criticizing when it's warranted. Nashies saved this show and they know that. They're going to hear how we feel, good or bad.

Also - are we doing Damien or Damian or just Director Douche? I'm confused.
Old 01-28-2017, 05:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)

I agree! I'm fairly new here and I was a little worried people would ignore me and I would get it because there's loyalty to the regular posters but I feel very welcome and happy to be here. I also agree it's our job to let the writers know that we are thrilled the show still exists but unhappy that it isn't what we were hoping for. We can't let them believe they're perfect when they aren't
Old 01-28-2017, 05:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Exactly how I feel. I'll be damned if I stop criticizing when it's warranted. Nashies saved this show and they know that. They're going to hear how we feel, good or bad.

Also - are we doing Damien or Damian or just Director Douche? I'm confused.
In the episode descriptions it's spelled Damien... but I won't object to Director Douche
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-28-2017, 05:35 PM
New Fan

Has Connie been on set at all recently?
Old 01-28-2017, 05:43 PM
Master Fan

^

But honestly most days we don't know who's on set or not. She's been in Nashville. She posted a picture from the show's offices the other day
Sarah [youtube]
Old 01-28-2017, 05:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
In the episode descriptions it's spelled Damien... but I won't object to Director Douche
I think this should be standard. Anyone that Scarlett dates other than Gunnar be dubbed (occupation+douche) Doctor douche was fun!
Old 01-28-2017, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

^ He was already dubbed Doctor Dull... and I called him that often enough that half the time I forget what his actual name was
Sarah [youtube]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread