View Single Post
Old 01-28-2017, 05:23 PM
soup333
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily2003 (View Post)
You guys are so funny. Some days I come on here and there are only a couple of posts and other times I come here and have to wade through 6 pages or more. Some times it's hard for a girl to keep up

I really don't want to dredge up all the complaining from a few pages back but I wanted to make a comment. Hopefully this won't start us on another tangent because the posts were getting snarky. What I love most about this forum is that, as passionate as we all are about our favorite characters, we are normally very respectful of each other. You have no idea how much I appreciate you guys. You let me vent (more like beating a dead horse beyond all sense of reason) and even if you don't agree with me or have a different viewpoint, I always feel safe here. You guys are awesome!

So, back to my point, I feel it is my responsibility as a fan to complain when it is warranted. Does that mean that I am being ungrateful? No. I'm super grateful the show is back. S5 is far and away better than S4 especially 4B which was mostly unwatchable. But we have to remember that Marshall/Ed are new to Nashville. They didn't even watch the show prior to being hired. Yes, we had high hopes because...well they're Marshall and Ed. But it is unreasonable to think that they are going to get it perfect right out of the gate. They aren't. So as a passionate fan of the show, it is up to me to let them know what they are getting right and what they are getting wrong. Whether that is on Twitter/FaceBook or whatever. Personally, I don't do FaceBook. So I am going to be vocal on Twitter. I praise them when it is warranted and criticize when needed too. They are getting a lot right but not everything. For me, Will's storyline is unwatchable. As great as D/R are this season, Will is not. I'm very unhappy with him and they need to know that. Whether they choose to listen or not I don't know. Will it make any difference? I don't know. But at least I feel as though I have done my part as a fan to help the show improve. I don't see this as being ungrateful or complaining just for the sake of complaining. Nor do I believe any of us are complaining just for the sake of complaining. The show is not all rainbows, puppies and unicorns but we can try to get there.

Just my two cents and apologies for dragging us backwards a bit. Please continue with spoilers
Exactly how I feel. I'll be damned if I stop criticizing when it's warranted. Nashies saved this show and they know that. They're going to hear how we feel, good or bad.

Also - are we doing Damien or Damian or just Director Douche? I'm confused.