Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiesocks (View Post)
Well I thought the first episode this season was about proving the fact that he was being serious when he said it in S2 (or that he just does love her now) But each to their own lol
Well like I said before I have issues with Oliver in the past so I am hoping it will change.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥Twilighter Tee♥ (View Post)
Well like I said before I have issues with Oliver in the past so I am hoping it will change.
Of course and you are entitled to your opinion!
Old 10-18-2014, 03:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Well I thought the first episode this season was about proving the fact that he was being serious when he said it in S2 (or that he just does love her now) But each to their own lol
I'm fairly certain that in the S2 finale he was saying it just to trick Slade, but by the end/S3 premiere he was seeing Felicity differently and allowing himself to care for her. Just my opinion though.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Of course and you are entitled to your opinion!
To be honest TVD has made jaded on couples these days so that is part of where my opinion of any couples on a tv show being any kind of endgame, Its not trying to be negative just that sometimes tv shows ruin things for you
Old 10-18-2014, 03:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
To be honest TVD has made jaded on couples these days so that is part of where my opinion of any couples on a tv show being any kind of endgame, Its not trying to be negative just that sometimes tv shows ruin things for you
Also the obnoxious fanbases too .
Old 10-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Fan

TVD can put you off many things.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

At SDCC Guggenheim stated that they had been building up to the date over 43 episodes. Kreisberg said that in the beach scene in "Unthinkable" Oliver and Felicity were saying a lot of things to each other without really saying them out loud. Guggenheim also stated that Oliver doing the unthinkable in the finale was putting the woman he loves in danger, and that he thinks Oliver and Felicity are "in love with each other".

Just information, take it as you like.

Last edited by DorothyRules; 10-18-2014 at 03:23 PM
Old 10-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Extreme Fan

I think one big difference here is that Arrow never wanted to be a show about a guy who didn't know who he wanted to be with. They wanted their hero's ratio storyline to be about how he made it there, not about how he decided on her. Now they can tell their story. They couldn't do that until they reconfigured the show for Felicity. As they have said multiple times, they could not make the show without her.

TVD does want to be about who really wants who. Arrow obviously finds that question boring, since it hasn't even bothered to ask it.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatbastet (View Post)
I think one big difference here is that Arrow never wanted to be a show about a guy who didn't know who he wanted to be with. They wanted their hero's ratio storyline to be about how he made it there, not about how he decided on her. Now they can tell their story. They couldn't do that until they reconfigured the show for Felicity. As they have said multiple times, they could not make the show without her.

TVD does want to be about who really wants who. Arrow obviously finds that question boring, since it hasn't even bothered to ask it.
Right. Throughout all of Oliver's romances, they've never written a triangle where he's conflicted about which woman he wants to be with. In s1 they could have done a laurel/oliver/helena or laurel/oliver/mckenna triangle but no, they just had Olvier date Helena andMckenna with no conflict with laurel. They could have easily written a triangle between laurel/oliver/sara in s2, instead they made laurel/oliver platonic and sara/oliver got together. This season they could easily have a laurel/oliver/felicity triangle, but instead once again oliver/laurel are going to be platonic and Felicity is going to be the only woman in Oliver's life (according to stephen at SDCC). They're not interested in triangles involving oliver being conflicted about his feelings.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

Triangles are overrated as it is.. Only soaps can pull a good triangle off well anyway
Old 10-18-2014, 03:31 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
Right. Throughout all of Oliver's romances, they've never written a triangle where he's conflicted about which woman he wants to be with. In s1 they could have done a laurel/oliver/helena or laurel/oliver/mckenna triangle but no, they just had Olvier date Helena andMckenna with no conflict with laurel. They could have easily written a triangle between laurel/oliver/sara in s2, instead they made laurel/oliver platonic and sara/oliver got together. This season they could easily have a laurel/oliver/felicity triangle, but instead once again oliver/laurel are going to be platonic and Felicity is going to be the only woman in Oliver's life (according to stephen at SDCC). They're not interested in triangles involving oliver being conflicted about his feelings.
And if they are they aren't about Oliver choosing between women. This one isn't even really about Felicity choosing between Ray and Oliver. It's about Oliver choosing between living which Felicity represents and merely waiting to die.
Old 10-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Triangles are overrated as it is.. Only soaps can pull a good triangle off well anyway
No shapes are good shapes IMO. Triangles, squares, hexagons....yet writers seem to love them. Le sigh...
Old 10-18-2014, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorothyRules (View Post)
No shapes are good shapes IMO. Triangles, squares, hexagons....yet writers seem to love them. Le sigh...
Old 10-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by find something real (View Post)
right (though both the EP's and the actors said he actually meant it). My point is, the only time he's ever used the actual phrase 'i love you' was to Felicity. He never used that phrase with any other love interest.
Lol that argument is done and dusted. It's literally a dead horse on the side of the road.

It was confirmed at the SDCC, EPs said in their interviews, MG said it on twitter right after the finale funny enough.

You know I'm shipless but even when Olicity fans wanted confirmation I was like "Dudes I don't even ship it and I know it was 100"

But you'll still have people who disagree. That's the beauty of fandoms. Agree to disagree

As long as it you see it playing out in the narrative you're gravy.

Any Ted spoilers? Any Ray spoilers?
Old 10-18-2014, 04:08 PM
Dedicated Fan

No spoilers...it's like spoiler desert. BR said in an interview a few days ago that he and Oliver haven't crossed paths much. So if they're filming 309, then I guess they interact later in the season? I don't know
Closed Thread   Post New Thread