Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 09:59 AM
Passionate Fan

I want to see this but...I saw the first one so long ago and was LOST!! Girl in the well who's dead but not and then climbs out of the TV. I was totally confused and it just made no sense to me. Maybe I'll rent it and try to understand it...
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 11:14 AM
Addicted Fan

I saw it last night. It wasn't very scary, or good. The theater was really crowded and there were some parts that everyone just started laughing at. Some scenes were a little scary, but generally you knew what was coming. I read somewhere that Naomi Watts wanted her character to have some development, and basically all they did to achieve that was make her call her son "honey" a lot. That was annoying.

The opening scene w/ the Everwood girl was really really bad. Bad acting and bad dialogue.

icon credit
alli balli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just came back from the theatre and saw it. It made sense but I do think the first one was much more interesting. To me, the only part that I liekd was the basis of Samara's actual mother and the story there. But I sort of agree w/ Naomi Watts and think they should have developed more w/ her character and or they should've like my friend suggested done something more w/ the fact that Samara kept having a way out.
dark noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 08:41 PM
Elite Fan

I went to it last night and really like it. During the first one I was totally confused the first time I saw it and understood it more each time I saw it. After the 2nd one almost all of the questions I had during the 1st one were answered. I also thougth Sissy Spacek's role was awesome.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatethefuzzycerts
I went to it last night and really like it. During the first one I was totally confused the first time I saw it and understood it more each time I saw it. After the 2nd one almost all of the questions I had during the 1st one were answered. I also thougth Sissy Spacek's role was awesome.
Yea, I was confused during the first one too. Then i saw it again and again, and paid more attention to the words, i guess. It made sense the 2nd time; I actually understood the "taping" part.

Thanks to dirtyfootprints for the avi
randomalien13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Master Fan

I just saw it, and it scared the crap out of me, i mean with the surround sound and everything, it was also very creepy and weird. I love this part:

The Girl: Mommy
Rachel: Im not your f**king mommy!

Brighter Than Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Passionate Fan

Yay!! that's the best part!
Old 03-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Master Fan

lol It really was, i was practically rolling when i heard that, its like its all scary one moment, and then all of a sudden you hear, "Im not your f**king mommy" and you can't help but crack up.
Brighter Than Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 07:35 PM
Supreme Fan

Well I'm going to see it tonight, but I'm not holding my hopes up for the scares that the first one gave me when I originally saw it. I watch it now and don't find it scary at all, but I clearly remember being so scared the night I saw it, I didn't sleep a wink. The entire night. I just laid in bed with the lights on and teeth chattering.

I'm just going in the hopes of understanding the deal with Samara better.
haylz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

The Ring 2, wasn't good at all. I even fell asleep. It moved along quite slowly and the plot wasn't that interesting. I didn't enjoy it.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Nice one, Jason's Lover. My buddy fell asleep during the movie too.

This one totally ruined the mystery of the first Ring. It was a overkill of the storyline i think. But i did love when she was coming out of the well really freakly.

And thats about all that was good.

Some little girls snuck into the movie and were screaming there heads off at the most obvious scene that u basically saw it coming. Geez!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid-Angel
Some little girls snuck into the movie and were screaming there heads off at the most obvious scene that u basically saw it coming. Geez!

Old 03-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

To be honest, I never found the first movie that terrifying or fascinating either. I just saw the second one for the hell of it. Now I wish I didn't. I even broke a nail in the damn cinema!
Old 03-28-2005, 11:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason's Lover4life
To be honest, I never found the first movie that terrifying or fascinating either. I just saw the second one for the hell of it. Now I wish I didn't. I even broke a nail in the damn cinema!
I didn't find the first one scary either. It was just weird, I suppose. Evil videotape.... But I liked it...entetaining. The story was kind of confusing and it took me a while to get some of the parts, but not a bad movie or anything. The seconnd one...I have yet to see. But, from what I've heard, I'm keeping my expectations low.

Old 03-29-2005, 08:01 PM
Supreme Fan

Well I actually liked it better than the first one. I mean, it didn't have the spooky element that the first one did, but I thought it was more interesting.
I loved the bath scene, where she opens the door and the water is deflecting off the kid and spiralling around the room. It wasn't scary, but it looked really cool.

I also found it quite sad, when she had to put him in the bath and stuff, how hard would that be?

My friend thought it was way scarier than the first one, she was especially creeped out by Samara clawing her way up the well at the end, which I must admit did look really creepy. The way they made her body move and how fast she was going, and the sound effects. Plus the chasing thing is scary enough in itself, there's nothing worse than watching someone being chased!

Also the deers battering at the car was scary, just because I know if I was in the car, I would have died of fright.

On our way home I couldn't help asking, what would happen if you tipped the TV over to face the floor when she was coming towards you?
Would she be forever trapped by the floor?
What? It could have been a solution!

haylz80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread