• Crystal Clear
  • Mi||iê Måë
  • cherrypie12345

Last edited by Mi||iê Måë; 02-04-2019 at 02:34 PM Reason: OP Update
UnsilentMajorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 05:57 AM
Master Fan

Okay, I'm totally confused.

Is this part of the original story, or is this just a US invention because the first film did so well?

'Cause I rely on this one website (who's name I of course can't recall right now) which gives all the data on the various film versions related to the books, both Japanese and the US remakes.

*is confused*

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:14 AM
Master Fan

looks like it could be fun, somone passed on the trailer link to me a few weeks ago.
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by capesidefan
looks like it could be fun, somone passed on the trailer link to me a few weeks ago.
Wonder who.

That person still hasn't watched it by herself. I just don't like to watch creepy things on the comp.

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Galaxia21
Wonder who.

That person still hasn't watched it by herself. I just don't like to watch creepy things on the comp.
I have no clue?

should watch it

why are u scared if u watch it you'll die in 7 days?
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by capesidefan
I have no clue?

should watch it

why are u scared if u watch it you'll die in 7 days?
Nah, I just seriously hate creepy crap up close..

"What we've got here is...failure to communicate"
Galaxia21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Absolute Fan

The original Ring was awesome. I really hope this one lives up to it.

I just can't believe you're leaving over three words I couldn't say last night.
*Sweetie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 01:59 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by shrrshrr:
Okay, I'm totally confused.

Is this part of the original story, or is this just a US invention because the first film did so well?
it's nothing new......it's a hollywood remake of another japanese film....'ringu 2' (1999)............it's a continuation of the originial film.....a sequal.........and in my not so humble opinion....it's another clear indiccation that "mainstream" hollywood films haven't had any original ideas for a long time or they've been very few and very far between.....and believe it or not the originals have been far superior to the remakes.....(watch the original 'shall we dance' 'ringu' and 'ju-on: the grudge' to name just a few....see for yourself)....

if anyone on this thread wants to see original ideas on film, watch independent film...........start by watching 'sideways'......it's in theaters now......it's being called the years best film by alot of critics.... .it's getting very positivie reviews....everyone i know that has seen it has liked it......it's original, it's fresh and it's vibrant...it's one of the best films that i've seen this year.........

Last edited by mukooh; 11-16-2004 at 02:09 PM
mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 02:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

I liked Ringu a lot more than The Ring. So I will more likely watch Ringu 2 than The Ring 2. I just didn't like how Hollywood adapted the movie. Because of the different cultural approach to the movie....I dunno.....it just came out all wrong.
Quarterley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

i cannot wait until this movie came out. i've seen the ring at least 10 times and it still creeps me out at certain points. the trailer scared the **** out of me. i can understand about not watching it alone. i watched it alone and was creeped out for the rest of the day.
roswellcharmed_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2004, 01:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by roswellcharmed_2000
i cannot wait until this movie came out. i've seen the ring at least 10 times and it still creeps me out at certain points. the trailer scared the **** out of me. i can understand about not watching it alone. i watched it alone and was creeped out for the rest of the day.
i started watching it at night, stopped & watched the rest the next day. i'm gonna rent the second part once it's out on dvd but i'll still have to watch the japanese originals, esp after reading the comments on here.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mukooh
it's nothing new......it's a hollywood remake of another japanese film....'ringu 2' (1999)............it's a continuation of the originial film.....a sequal.........and in my not so humble opinion....it's another clear indiccation that "mainstream" hollywood films haven't had any original ideas for a long time or they've been very few and very far between.....and believe it or not the originals have been far superior to the remakes.....(watch the original 'shall we dance' 'ringu' and 'ju-on: the grudge' to name just a few....see for yourself)....

Aww, okay - that's what I thought, and I agree with you - there's no need to remake the Japanese versions.

quarterly - agreed.

My LJ for Movies
shrrshrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 11:21 AM
Banned

O_o this looks sooo good, i cant wait to see this!
sexypinkdots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mukooh
it's nothing new......it's a hollywood remake of another japanese film....'ringu 2' (1999)............it's a continuation of the originial film.....a sequal.........and in my not so humble opinion....it's another clear indiccation that "mainstream" hollywood films haven't had any original ideas for a long time or they've been very few and very far between.....
Actually, it's not a remake. The second American 'Ring' is a new sequel with a completely different story, it has nothing to do with Ringu 2 or Ring 0.

As for the people who think the Japanese versions are better, I guess 'different strokes for different folks' applies here, because I own Ringu on DVD and find it laughable and hokey. I've only been able to watch it twice (and fell asleep the second time). However, I really like the American remake.
*Maria* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

I saw this movie and all I could afterwards was, "Mommy?"

But, I'm sure the original version is 100 times more frightening.
artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread