Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Jake was just hot. And the movie was amazing. I like him in therapy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
QueenBitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I agree actually about not having to fully understand it to appreciate it.

The first time we saw it, we had to explain to one of my friends so many times about the aeroplane engine coming through the time portal.

In other news, I bought it on DVD today. -is all proud-
Old 04-17-2004, 09:01 AM
Master Fan

This movie is one of my all time faves. I love it. No matter how many times you watch it, you always find something new that you didn't catch the viewing before.

BTW I have over 40 Donnie Darko avatars on my website (The I'm always here link)

[ 04-17-2004: Message edited Atti's Angel ]

It's a Sarkney thing, you wouldn't understand...
Atti's Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 09:07 AM
Master Fan

I LOVE Donnie Darko. This movie is incredibly intelligent and deep. I love how beautiful the scenes have been put together.

It's really one of my fave movie. Being so sad and so exciting at the same time!!

Each of these lives is the right one! Every path is the right path. Everything could have been everything else and it will have just as much meaning.
Sindaanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 03:47 PM
Part-Time Fan

yeah i agree with all of ya'll.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

This is one of my favorite movies, second only to Almost Famous.

I bought the DVD a year ago and I watch it quite often. Even my friends are hooked on it now. It's such an amazing movie.

I saw those shirts at Hot Topic and was thinking of picking one up. I don't know, though ... depends on how much money I've got with me at the next trip to the mall.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Can't wait, new directors cut with 20 mins of added footage [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

'Donnie Darko' to be re-released http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by greatfallsfan:
<STRONG>Can't wait, new directors cut with 20 mins of added footage [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

'Donnie Darko' to be re-released http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movi...eut/index.html</STRONG>
Oh wow. That's really cool. Ta [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-22-2004, 01:19 AM
Extreme Fan

oh, i hate it when they do stuff like that!!! i already have Donnie Darko, but now there's going to be a better DVD out!!! decisions decisions.
pacifierrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pacifierrocks
oh, i hate it when they do stuff like that!!! i already have Donnie Darko, but now there's going to be a better DVD out!!! decisions decisions.
Actually, as of right now, there is no planned DVD release. Just putting the movie back in theaters.

Another article on the re-release, including the "no dvd planned" that I just mentioned:

Video Business, Week of April 26, 2004:

After the February 2003 DVD release of Donnie Darko made the film a cult favorite, Newmarket Films, which holds domestic distribution rights, is looking to cash in on that growing cult status by theatrically re-releasing a director's cut this summer with 21 minutes of additional footage. Darko made slightly more that $500,000 in a limited theatrical release in 2001. The DVD featured 20 deleted scenes and extended scenes. However, writer/director Richard Kelly said the new theatrical version includes only some of the deleted scenes on the disc and some he "intentionally left off the DVD." Both Newmarket and Fox, which released the movie on video, said they were not aware of any plans to release a new DVD that would include other bonus features or the additional theatrical scenes that will appear in the re-release. The new theatrical re-release will begin May 29 at the Seattle Film Festival, with a planned test of 10 screens before a wider national rollout.
*Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Elite Fan

I <3 this movie.
I'm going to be so pissed if the directer's cut won't be out on DVD, cause there's like NO chance that they'll show it at theaters here (Israel) and otherwise I won't be able to see it
Old 05-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by fetch
I <3 this movie.
I'm going to be so pissed if the directer's cut won't be out on DVD,
yeah hopefully the directors cut gets a dvd release, that sure would be great...... Hopefully after the movie theater release they will release it on dvd....
capesidefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2004, 10:40 PM
Elite Fan

My first encounter with this movie only let me see the very end of the movie (I came in at the part where Donnie and his girlfriend come down the stairs at teh Halloween party). It made absolutely no sense at all, but I was told it was a good movie, so I decided to give it a chance.

About a week later, I was babysitting, and I discovered that it was playing on HBO, a channel I don't get at home. I put it on, and it was at the part where Donnie hears the voice telling him to wake up at the beginning. I watched the rest of it, and was able to make a lot more sense of it than I had in my first encounter, but I was still confused about some things.

After talking to a few more people about it, and hearing about how the special features and the deleted scenes on the DVD will help make sense of the movie, I broke down and ordered the DVD (it was less than $10). I watched the movie from the beginning and then watched the deleted scenes. Then I watched the special features. I won't say that I completely understand the movie, but it does make a certain amount of sense.

I really like the movie. Jake Gyllenhaal is awesome, and I think it was his performance int eh movie that made it so appealing to me. I have seen it a few more times now that I own the DVD, and plan to watch it several more times.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

hey there everyone

i watched Donnie Darko at skool a few weeks ago and thought it was really gd, ok so i didn't understand verything in the film but i understood the most of.

i have to ask though, wen they went back in time ( wen the plane thingy went through the portal) wouldn;t anyone who were in their cars have remembered everything? coz Donnie did!

and plus how does Donnie know about Frank, coz that could be him remebering wat happens in the future (everthing jst repeating itsel,f the begining of the film isn't wen the story began) bt if it was jst him "remembering" wat happend then wuoldn't he have remembered everything else?
because if the film wasn't the begining of the story then thats why Roberto Sparrow was always waiting 4 her mail, she would have been waiting 4 the letter frm Donnie, which she would have known he sent her coz she knew wat happened in the future coz she had already been there

anywayz i thought the film was great!
mandine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Master Fan

yes..woke up at 5:45 for this thing on wednesday..and thank the gods for hbo in my room..woo..donnie darko was on.
Arrow #8
~*Astaldoantoiel*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread