Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2004, 01:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by QueenBitch
They wouldn't let people in to see it? I'm 15, and they let me in to R movies.
Perhaps this theater enforces the rule more than most because it's the closest theater to the UW campus. I just looked on the ratings page for the Motion Picture Association of America, where it says an R rating means people under 17 can't get in without a parent or guardian.

In the case of DD, it must be because of the cussing. The rest of it is less "graphic" than what you can see on primetime tv cop shows.
pixiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 09:45 PM
Elite Fan

That is so awesome. There's a director's cut. I am soo getting that. Yeah!
Old 06-17-2004, 08:28 PM
Elite Fan

Sorry I'm late with this:
The June 18th edition of Entertainment Weekly has a 4 page Feature on the directors cut of DD. There's a great full page illustration of the rabbit head that would make a great avatar It interviews Richard Kelly in it too. It's issue #770 with Tom Hanks on the cover.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:32 PM
Elite Fan

I know. I read it today. I will definetly be attending that, I cant wait to see it in the theaters!!!!!
That is just so awesome.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:19 PM
Extreme Fan

God, I this f--ckin movie! Just wanted to share, I made a Donnie/Gretchen music video you can find here. Quality's pretty bad, but I like it

Formerly: The OC | The Office
Currently: The 100
_kwyjibo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by @ L L S T @ R
I know. I read it today. I will definetly be attending that, I cant wait to see it in the theaters!!!!!
That is just so awesome.
I can't wait, either....I loved Jake in this movie.....

Claudia
Old 07-05-2004, 06:27 AM
Part-Time Fan

this movie is so damn confusing, but i love it!
coracat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:05 PM
Total Fan

Sorry if this is posted somewhere (I tried to look through all the posts, but I didn't see it)...does anyone know all the places the re-release is gonna be released? I know Seattle, NYC, LA, and I think Jacksonville, Fl, but does anyone know where else?

Thank you!
Marissa
Marissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:12 PM
Elite Fan

Well, with my luck, the director's cut will never be released anywhere close to me. And, since they don't have plans to release it on DVD (they are evil!!) I don't guess I will get to see it.

I have the regular version on DVD. Has anyone seen any of the "Easter eggs" on the DVD? I have seen a deleted scene and an additional trailer for the movie, but I heard that there were even more than that.
Old 07-14-2004, 09:36 PM
Total Fan

I love this movie.

Does anyone know what scenes are in the Directors Cut that aren't on the DVD? I'm very curious and I severly doubt it'll get shown around here (the closest it might come is Halifax...
Old 07-15-2004, 03:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pixiedude
There is a scene in the second half where Donnie's dad gives him a supportive speech about standing up to the conspiracy of bull****.

Later, when his mom is about to drive to the airport with the Sparkle Motion troupe, he hugs her and tells her there isn't something broken in his brain. She hugs him back and says she knows.

On the way to his last trip to Carpathian Ridge, with Gretchen's body in the car, he stops at home, and kisses his older sister's hair as she sleeps in a chair in the living room.

The movie ends with a plastic-covered body being rolled out of the house on a gurney as the NTSB guys go in. It's morning, Donnie's family are crying in the yard as a crane hoists the jet engine. Gretchen rides down the street on her bike. She stops across the street, and asks a little boy what happened. As he tells her, she looks at the house and people as though with a sense of deja vu, and makes eye contact with Donnie's mother. They wave at each other.

As far as "family bonding" scenes, there is the funny potty-mouth contest at the dinner table in the beginning, but I can't imagine the rest of the film without that, so I figure it must have been in the original release.
This scene is on the DVD, in the deleted scenes.

I think this is in the deleted scenes, too. I can't remember, because when I read this description, I thought of when Donnie asks his mom how it feels to have a wacko for a son.

These other scenes mentioned are in the DVD release.

I wonder if they put the full version of the "Holiday Inn" scene in the Director's Cut?
Old 07-15-2004, 05:13 AM
Passionate Fan

"Go suck a f$ck"

"Tell me, how does one suck a f%ck"

"He told me to forcibly insert the life exercise into my anus!"

I love this movie. It's so freakishly good! The whole story is funny, my favourite quotes above of course, Patrick Swayze (Sp?) is cool, Jake and Maggie are cool, the scary little girl from The Ring scared me. BRRRR! Grandma death. My favourite scene randomly is the smurf scene, it's classic.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

i made the mad mad world song, my ringtone. i love this movie
Old 07-16-2004, 06:48 AM
Master Fan

I this movie.

The first time I saw it I loved it so much, but I didn't understand a thing. I came to the thread that existed before, and someone explained me something that got me even more confused about it

Then, about a month ago or even more I rented it again. And this time I got obsessed. Maybe it's that time has passed, and I have changed or whathever, but I saw lots of different things in the movie. I created my own theories about what it was all about, and then lurking in this thread I found amazing explanations to the whole movie.

I'm planning on buying the DVD next week or so. I've read the deleted scenes and the director's commentaries help you to get even more into the story.

Jake made an amazing work and I love everysingle contribution of the movie.

Oh, and Mad World, it's an awesome song...it's so sad, but I'm addicted to it.
"There are few out there who do still believe in you. A few will never give up on you. When you go back out on the field, those are the people I want in your minds, those are the people I want in your hearts. [...]This game is not over. This battle is not over. Clear eyes, full hearts? CAN'T LOSE!"
- cris - is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 04:00 PM
Loyal Fan

This link is for a contest being held by a British company. They want to hear from people about how DD has changed their lives. The best story will go on the DDDC DVD, which it says will be released in October. This is in the UK, so they may be talking about a region 2 release only. The deadline for contest entries is Monday, July 19.

Be On the New Donnie Darko Director's Cut DVD

All I've seen about further distribution in the US is that it will open in NY and LA and "select cities" next Friday, 7/23. All I can suggest is calling art house theaters in your community and seeing if they've booked it.

Here's a link to an interview with Richard Kelley where he says the DC will be in UK theaters this year:

Donnie Darko Director's Cut: Exclusive Interview With Richard Kelley (Empire Online UK)
pixiedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top