View Single Post
Old 05-14-2004, 11:11 PM
*Melissa
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by pacifierrocks
oh, i hate it when they do stuff like that!!! i already have Donnie Darko, but now there's going to be a better DVD out!!! decisions decisions.
Actually, as of right now, there is no planned DVD release. Just putting the movie back in theaters.

Another article on the re-release, including the "no dvd planned" that I just mentioned:

Video Business, Week of April 26, 2004:

After the February 2003 DVD release of Donnie Darko made the film a cult favorite, Newmarket Films, which holds domestic distribution rights, is looking to cash in on that growing cult status by theatrically re-releasing a director's cut this summer with 21 minutes of additional footage. Darko made slightly more that $500,000 in a limited theatrical release in 2001. The DVD featured 20 deleted scenes and extended scenes. However, writer/director Richard Kelly said the new theatrical version includes only some of the deleted scenes on the disc and some he "intentionally left off the DVD." Both Newmarket and Fox, which released the movie on video, said they were not aware of any plans to release a new DVD that would include other bonus features or the additional theatrical scenes that will appear in the re-release. The new theatrical re-release will begin May 29 at the Seattle Film Festival, with a planned test of 10 screens before a wider national rollout.
*Melissa is offline   Reply With Quote