Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2015, 03:28 PM
Obsessed Fan

today in a theatre i watched a documentary called 'dior and i'

brief snyopsis....the new artistic director of dior has only 8 weeks to design and show a new collection.....

would i recommend it?....if your into high end fashion and the creative process that goes into creating it.....

other documentaries in this genre that i've watched in theatres and would recommend are.....

'valentino the last emperor' which is about the life of fashion designer valentino.....

'the september issue' which chronicles the preparation of the 2007 fall edition of vogue magazine...

and finally

'scatter my ashes at bergdorf's which is a look at a high end fashion department store in new york city.....

mukooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Mukooh, there are looking great!!!

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
~ Jis_Bon ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 09:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

part 1 of 2

music documentaries that i would recommend.....all of these were seen in theatres...

'i am trying to break your heart: a film about wilco'

the film showcases the making of the album "yankee hotel foxtrot".....an obscure docuentary....filmed in black and white.....it's well worth seeking out if your a wilco fan..

'i'll be me'

this documentary was nominated for an academy award at last year's academy awards.......it's about glen campbell's last tour and his struggles with alzheimer's......beautiful music......a loving family and a devastating disease.....

and ending this post with

'part of me'........katy perry on tour.....during the breakdown of her marriage to russell brand......filmed at the staples center los angeles and other arenas throughout the world......it's one of the few films that i've watched in 3d.....a talented performer who's got a heart of gold for her fans, family and those that work for her on tour....

Old 04-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Pearl Jam Twenty is the best music documentary!!! Period!
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 03:21 PM
Obsessed Fan

today in a theatre........

'iris'

brief snyopsis......"The last documentary by the late Albert Maysles, Iris profiles style maven Iris Apfel. Apfel, a former White House interior designer, has emerged as one of the most important fashion icons of our time. Boasting one of the largest collections of costume jewelry in the world, Apfel is able to show her artistry with every outfit. Still vibrant at 93, Iris never takes herself or her style too seriously, and through Maysles' expert lens she blooms like the flower of her namesake."

what a trippy and interesting larger than life individual.......so much more enjoyable and better than the tent pole film 'avengers: age of ultron' which i saw yesterday......

'iris' is recommended by me with a rating...

Old 05-03-2015, 01:18 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you, Mukooh!

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
~ Jis_Bon ~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 12:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I watched a 2 hour documentary about Steven Spielberg the other day

Here's the trailer -

It has interviews with him, his family, his usual crew members and actors who have worked with him

Covers everything from how his parents' separation informed many of his movies' divorce subplots to how filming SCHINDLER'S LIST reignited his love for his Jewish heritage

I would truly recommend watching Spielberg if you have the chance. Very informative and warm / revealing details shared by him and those who know him.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I need that!

My wife and I just bought a documentary that CNN aired about the 60s. Tom Hanks is involved. Pretty good
Old 01-18-2019, 08:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I’m watching that! They have about 6 episodes each for the decades of the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s! So far I’ve only watched two episodes from the 80’s, technology boom and the AIDS crisis so far!
Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
^ I’m watching that! They have about 6 episodes each for the decades of the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s and 90’s! So far I’ve only watched two episodes from the 80’s, technology boom and the AIDS crisis so far!
omg i didn't know they had other decades! i love 80s and 90s documentaries!
Old 01-18-2019, 09:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah they do, it registered when you mentioned Tom Hanks cause he appears in them and is a producer! I’m looking forward to the two 80’s episodes having to do with the tv shows back then!
Old 01-18-2019, 09:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by beloved of the sky (View Post)
Yeah they do, it registered when you mentioned Tom Hanks cause he appears in them and is a producer! I’m looking forward to the two 80’s episodes having to do with the tv shows back then!
you just made my day. plus you're watching Bones and mod the X Files. You're amazing. Just sayin'
Old 01-18-2019, 09:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
omg i didn't know they had other decades! i love 80s and 90s documentaries!
Matt sweetie you watched the 90's documentary series when it premiered on TV with me. Just saying.

They are amazing though, watch them quite often. My favorite one is still the 60's.
I am an original”
msstock87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great trailer! Thanks for sharing!
Mi||iê Måë is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by msstock87 (View Post)
Matt sweetie you watched the 90's documentary series when it premiered on TV with me. Just saying.

They are amazing though, watch them quite often. My favorite one is still the 60's.
oh god haha. if i watched it i'd probably remember. it's just not ringing any bells. the only 90s one i can remember is I Love the 90s from VH1.
Reply   Post New Thread