Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2013, 07:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
Ummm Elena was willing to blow both of them up to keep from killing Damon. Says a lot IMO. And it wasn't Elena's love for Stefan that brought her out of the trance, it was her overall compassion. She would've been same way if it were Jeremy, Bonnie, Caroline, etc.
Yeah but they choose it for Stefan. And it wasn´t because she loves Damon. Sorry but I feel triangle vibes and yes, it made me roll my eyes. I almost used the fastforward button which I had already used during the Stelena halucination by the waterfalls...

Quote:
I personally love this season so far and I love what they're giving us as far as DE is concerned. They're both in this relationship for the long haul. They're actually dealing with their issues instead of lying and running away like SE always did. Plus I see no lingering feelings from Elena in regards to Stefan. It's completely platonic on her end.
IDK, do they? This scene by the car felt like an SE scene, glossing over the fact that she almost killed Damon or both of them by just saying ILY... and I agree with this
Quote:
I want them to have an ep where they are just focused on each other. Elena could have killed Damon and and it's like she didn't even give that a second thought.
Yep, no 2nd thought, no real talking. We don´t see them discussing anything. The whole Stefan/ Silas thing for example instead this is used for SE shenanigans or however you wanna call the fact that the DE phonecall just ends before Damon can warn Elena and all that stuff. And it´s not that I think Elena has romantic feelings for STefan, I agree it is platonic from her side but still she never showed this intense concern for Damon. Well not that often not that obvious. I do get Damon´s concern and all but Elena is kinda misused here. And triangle aside for DE´s story alone, IDK it felt forced and not natural. It´s like DE´s story is told - from that epic summer for example - but not shown. It´s all very plot instead of character driven. Instead we see that these writers can do the character driven stuff e.g. the Bonnie storyline. IDK how else to describe it.

Last edited by ALEXA82; 10-13-2013 at 07:36 AM
Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Yep, no 2nd thought, no real talking. We don´t see them discussing anything. The whole Stefan/ Silas thing for example instead this is used for SE shenanigans or however you wanna call the fact that the DE phonecall just ends before Damon can warn Elena and all that stuff. And it´s not that I think Elena has romantic feelings for STefan, I agree it is platonic from her side but still she never showed this intense concern for Damon. Well not that often not that obvious. I do get Damon´s concern and all but Elena is kinda misused here. And triangle aside for DE´s story alone, IDK it felt forced and not natural. It´s like DE´s story is told - from that epic summer for example - but not shown. It´s all very plot instead of character driven. Instead we see that these writers can do the character driven stuff e.g. the Bonnie storyline. IDK how else to describe it.
I agree. They kind of have glossed over them talking about what happened. Elena was angry(and with reason) but then after the torture scene it was evident that she wasn't anymore. That means that they had talked about Damon lying to her offscreen. But then why just not show this? Why the focus was more about them having to find Stefan instead of each other? That it's the only thing that has irritated me. I hate so much focus on Stefan again. It's like season3 all over again.

Quote:
I hate that her thinking about Stefan is what got her out of that trance.
I didn't like it either but I understood why they did it. Elena couldn't think about Damon without feeling angry and wanting to kill me. And Stefan and her worry about him - because she didn't know what happened to him - was at the forefront of her mind so Damon used that - Elena's compassion and emphaty - and told her to concentrate on that. And it worked because Damon knows Elena better than anyone else.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

I wasn't bothered by the Stefan/Elena thing at all. It was a bone. Just like we used to get. It's a series long triangle so I expect Stefan to always be somewhat involved he's not gonna just disappear. I think they're setting up some kind of soul mate/doppleganger connection between them & this doens't really bother me either b/c history has shown w/shows like this that the soul mates don't end up together. I don't think it was any love for Stefan that broke the trance, Elena had to focus on something else & couldn't focus on Damon b/c he was the object of her rage. She tried to focus on Bonnie as well but then Damon pissed her off by saying he didn't care. So it was Damon who suggested she focus on stefan.

The issues some of you have sound like it's writing based? & honestly this show has always been super heavy on the plot & not so much character based so some things will naturally get lost. Like Stefan had decided in his hallucination that he wasn't gonna turn off his humanity so then how'd we get from that to the ripper? We'll probably never know. This is why I have to disagree on the human Katherine story I actually find it the least interesting b/c while yeah funny she has a sinus infection & gets blisters etc this feels really gimmicky & I think the novelty will wear off quick. Like the time wasted on Katherine getting sick & describing her coughs could be time used spent on a DE scene where they could talk or a scene showing us how Stefan got out of the safe. I know she joked about it but she really IS this year's moonstone right down to hiding her so the villain can't find her & use her for his big nefarious plot.

As for them not talking too in depth about what happened I get why they didn't b/c they BOTH were keeping secrets. I think it's going to become a problem later... it's angst. I mean we aren't going to get all sunshine & rainbows forever. Like you could see Damon trying to take the high road & now Elena wants to try to tell Damon about her dreams etc but as evidenced by the preview for the next episode you can see it's going to start to bother him a bit. As for them not talking about Elena trying to kill him she was under a spell so it wasn't really her fault so nothing much to talk about there.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
The issues some of you have sound like it's writing based? & honestly this show has always been super heavy on the plot & not so much character based so some things will naturally get lost.
I know, it´s an issue I have with this show since forever but they improved, they put a lot of character bla into almost everyone, Caroline/ Tyler/ Klaus, Bonnie...you name it but DE is always getting the short end here because of these "bones" and the need to string all shippers along. I´m quite sure they will stick with DE now, they took their time with them and won´t do show suicide by having SE again but they will create the angst with DE through that and it irks me, forever will but having it 2 eps after DE got together already ...feels a bit unfair. Especially since we never got a summer flashback or interrupted sex-scene you know.

As for Kat, IDK, just cut the SE crap and forced misunderstandings instead. The fact that the writers joked about her being a plot device like the moonstone kinda insures that they are aware and will prevent it from happing again. And in all this illness suff they managed to get more character development and self reflection for Kat than for Damon or Elena, as DE and individually. I also hate that Damon´s storyline is again all about saving and protecting Stefan. Sure it´s a brother´s bond but you know it goes both ways and Stefan never invested half as much energy in protecting/ saving Damon.

As for ripper Stefan, I put some thought into that and it´s probably Silas who "mind controlled" him to that I guess. I can´t think of them having another ripper/ un-ripper plot. It would be s3 all over again for real then.

Only plus side in all the Silas/ Stefan/ Elena stuff was that given all this big emo doppelgänger bond she couldn´t sense that it wasn´t Stefan.

I´m also intrigued by the college storyline and hate that Elena´s focus is drawn away from it because of Stefan - ah well. It all boils down to my eternal Stefan hate I guess
Old 10-13-2013, 12:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEXA82 (View Post)
I know, it´s an issue I have with this show since forever but they improved, they put a lot of character bla into almost everyone, Caroline/ Tyler/ Klaus, Bonnie...you name it but DE is always getting the short end here because of these "bones" and the need to string all shippers along. I´m quite sure they will stick with DE now, they took their time with them and won´t do show suicide by having SE again but they will create the angst with DE through that and it irks me, forever will but having it 2 eps after DE got together already ...feels a bit unfair. Especially since we never got a summer flashback or interrupted sex-scene you know.

As for Kat, IDK, just cut the SE crap and forced misunderstandings instead. The fact that the writers joked about her being a plot device like the moonstone kinda insures that they are aware and will prevent it from happing again. And in all this illness suff they managed to get more character development and self reflection for Kat than for Damon or Elena, as DE and individually. I also hate that Damon´s storyline is again all about saving and protecting Stefan. Sure it´s a brother´s bond but you know it goes both ways and Stefan never invested half as much energy in protecting/ saving Damon.

As for ripper Stefan, I put some thought into that and it´s probably Silas who "mind controlled" him to that I guess. I can´t think of them having another ripper/ un-ripper plot. It would be s3 all over again for real then.

Only plus side in all the Silas/ Stefan/ Elena stuff was that given all this big emo doppelgänger bond she couldn´t sense that it wasn´t Stefan.

I´m also intrigued by the college storyline and hate that Elena´s focus is drawn away from it because of Stefan - ah well. It all boils down to my eternal Stefan hate I guess
I completely agree. Though I hope he's not Silas that's controlling Stefan. I want Stefan considered accountable for his actions once in a lifetime. I really hope the writers will use this storyline to evolve Stefan's character. He's still the same as he was in Season1, worse even. He doesn't learn from his mistakes, he doesn't change. He just does things in the same way over and over again(like feeding from animals for example) and the result is just him avoiding his problems instead of facing it head on. And that's even more evident when in comparison to Damon. How can you like a character like this?

I'm sorry for my rant but it would be so much easier for me to accept Stefan's presence and interference in the relationship between Damon and Elena if he was a better character. Instead he's always the same deluded ******* that he always was. I can't understand if the writers are just lazy when it comes to Stefan, if they have a plan to change him later on and that now he must stay this way because it's something needed in the plot, or simply because they can't see Stefan's shortcomings. I don't think it's the last option though since they are perfectly able of writing well rounded characters like Damon.

Anyway I really hope Stefan won't be used all season long as a way to create drama between Damon and Elena, we're barely in the second episode and I'm already tired of it.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:06 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedy (View Post)
I wasn't bothered by the Stefan/Elena thing at all. It was a bone. Just like we used to get. It's a series long triangle so I expect Stefan to always be somewhat involved he's not gonna just disappear. I think they're setting up some kind of soul mate/doppleganger connection between them & this doens't really bother me either b/c history has shown w/shows like this that the soul mates don't end up together. I don't think it was any love for Stefan that broke the trance, Elena had to focus on something else & couldn't focus on Damon b/c he was the object of her rage. She tried to focus on Bonnie as well but then Damon pissed her off by saying he didn't care. So it was Damon who suggested she focus on stefan.

The issues some of you have sound like it's writing based? & honestly this show has always been super heavy on the plot & not so much character based so some things will naturally get lost. Like Stefan had decided in his hallucination that he wasn't gonna turn off his humanity so then how'd we get from that to the ripper? We'll probably never know. This is why I have to disagree on the human Katherine story I actually find it the least interesting b/c while yeah funny she has a sinus infection & gets blisters etc this feels really gimmicky & I think the novelty will wear off quick. Like the time wasted on Katherine getting sick & describing her coughs could be time used spent on a DE scene where they could talk or a scene showing us how Stefan got out of the safe. I know she joked about it but she really IS this year's moonstone right down to hiding her so the villain can't find her & use her for his big nefarious plot.

As for them not talking too in depth about what happened I get why they didn't b/c they BOTH were keeping secrets. I think it's going to become a problem later... it's angst. I mean we aren't going to get all sunshine & rainbows forever. Like you could see Damon trying to take the high road & now Elena wants to try to tell Damon about her dreams etc but as evidenced by the preview for the next episode you can see it's going to start to bother him a bit. As for them not talking about Elena trying to kill him she was under a spell so it wasn't really her fault so nothing much to talk about there.
Yup...and on that note...another favorite scene of mine
Old 10-14-2013, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer88 (View Post)
Nina Dobrev & Ian Somerhalder's Romance Smolders For Vampire Diaries' Halloween! | PerezHilton.com

Delena's isn't going anywhere!

In the fight for Elena's heart, it looks like Damon is still winning come Vampire Diaries' Halloween!

Just look at that eXXXtra seXXXy glare Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder share!

But besides the obvious sexual tension the former real-life lovers share, what else does All Hallow's Eve have in store for Mystic Falls??!

While the couple get down on the spooky Whitmore Historical Ball's dance floor, Elena is swept away to sway with the yummy Dr. Maxfield who has a "disturbing" message. Damon gets his own helping of bloody bad news when Silas demands Damon "commit an unthinkable act" in exchange for a deal.

Like seriously…

…could this show be any juicier??!

What sort of act is unthinkable for an undead serial killer?!

Looks like we're going to have to skip out on the trick or treating for a double date with Delena and candy corn! LOLz!
Love reading this. Otherwise these sites are not my taste but when it comes to their passion for TVD
Old 10-14-2013, 08:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animali (View Post)
Just saw this now. Thanks for posting it.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

‘Vampire Diaries’: Stefan’s Past & Damon’s Death? — Season 5 Spoilers - Hollywood Life

Old 10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Absolute Fan

Damon's death? Ummm heck no! I swear if Damon ends up dying in the series finale, I'll really regret ever watching this show. Would be biggest cop out ever. I know that's still a season away most likely but still. This makes me nervous could make for an interesting SL solely for Damon tho I guess. Wonder if this is what Candice was hinting at.

Bellamy and Clarke
{The Rebel & The Princess}

Last edited by LuvinJames23; 10-15-2013 at 02:04 PM
Old 10-15-2013, 04:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Second sneak peek out:

The Vampire Diaries 5x03 Webclip #2 - Original Sin [HD] - Spanish subtitles - YouTube
Old 10-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for bringing over the clip. It's about Stefan so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinJames23 (View Post)
Damon's death? Ummm heck no! I swear if Damon ends up dying in the series finale, I'll really regret ever watching this show. Would be biggest cop out ever. I know that's still a season away most likely but still. This makes me nervous could make for an interesting SL solely for Damon tho I guess. Wonder if this is what Candice was hinting at.
At this stage in the game I think it's LARGELY just spec there's no way they could know how the series will end. I may be naive but I just can't see them killing off one of the main three... I'm sure one or more of the side characters will die. I always invision the end of this series involving Defan somehow riding off into the sunset together (due to JP's insistance on trying to make Defan happen) which if I had my choice for Damon I'd rather death over ending up w/Stefan
Old 10-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Obsessed Fan

I totally expect Damon to die at some point and be on the other side with Bonnie. I actually think it will happen this season...of course I think it will happen every season...but usually most writers kill their most beloved towards the end of a series to kind of meet every single possible storyline they could get out of the show. I think the "Damon is dead" story needs to be explored and since they seem to be going with exploring the other side more...I think Damon dying would be a good way to do such things.

Plus Damon dies in the books I beleive and Elena freaks the eff out so that's a plus as well.

But yes, the show is totally going to end with defan. I think they'll find some way to reverse time or something and change the sequence of events so that Elena's parents never died and she could have a normal life. Either that or they all die at the end.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

A few spoilers:

Quote:
Question: Please shed some light on this portion of the official Vampire Diaries logline for Episode 4 (airing Oct. 24): “Jeremy makes a startling confession that hits Damon hard?” —Monique
Ausiello: It pertains to a recent Mystic Falls tragedy.
‘Nashville’ Spoilers in Ask Ausiello: Who’s Dying in Season 2? - TVLine

Quote:
Any scoop on The Vampire Diaries? —Sarah
NATALIE: For you? Sure! But it might be a bummer for Damon-and-Elena fans. Remember when we said that an early episode will reveal that Elena and Stefan are forever linked? Well, consider this: We have a sneaking suspicion that Silas' first love looks an awful lot like Elena.
Mega Buzz: A Parenthood Reunion, a Wonderland Villain and a Person Romance - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
Old 10-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

And the bond is on!

Also sounds like Damon finds out about Bonnie being dead from Jeremy since the tragedy is probably bonnies dad dying in the town square.

Well the happiness lasted for what two episodes? That's a record for tvd.