Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2018, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4brathan&brucas (View Post)

The thing I noticed about OUR Roswell, the real Roswell, is that it wasn't afraid to push boundaries It reminded me of Buffy in that even though it was aimed at teens, they showed sexual and violent content to an extent that didn't make it seem aimed at kids. It also helped that the cast ensemble gave committed performances. The CW is more obsessed with fashion and glamorizing things than actually appreciating character strengths. The Vampire Diaries kinda proved that
That's my issue with alot of CW shows now (with the exception of The 100, and yes I'm biased ) that I feel like they don't truly delve into character development and are just focused on everything being so stylized. See Riverdale as an example.

The fashion on Buffy and Roswell just complimented the characters and their personalities - they didn't stomp into a room wearing a $900 outfit while the camera focused on them in slow-mo. I don't know.

I REALLY hope there's no Michael & Maria and if there is, please let them be nothing like ours...

Old 02-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

It makes me miss even more Michael and Maria now.

- Michael and Maria belong together (Thania St John, writer)
Icon : ?
Old 02-14-2018, 11:41 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
That's my issue with alot of CW shows now (with the exception of The 100, and yes I'm biased ) that I feel like they don't truly delve into character development and are just focused on everything being so stylized. See Riverdale as an example.

The fashion on Buffy and Roswell just complimented the characters and their personalities - they didn't stomp into a room wearing a $900 outfit while the camera focused on them in slow-mo. I don't know.

I REALLY hope there's no Michael & Maria and if there is, please let them be nothing like ours...
I agree! I loved how we got to see real character development in shows like Buffy and Roswell and how there was a reason they were wearing a certain color or outfit. Maybe the outfit or certain color ft their mood or was to show case a turing point for the character.

I agree everything is so stylized now a days. You want to dress like the character. Or they are more like models on a runway with no depth or emotion they just look good.

I think that is why people like the 100 it is different.

If a show has a great story then I will stay with it.

Vampire Diaries got so ridiculous after a while. They lost their core storyline and everything was a mess with the ship of the week. I stopped watching after season 4. 1-3 I feel were great. Then Season 4 went downhill.

I eventually watched the series final just to see what it was like.I remember thinking oh know what did they do. It was a mess so many storylines that didn't make sense and character were thrown in for no reason what so ever!

I know Majandra said there is no Maria and Micheal in the remake so that is good news!

You can't redo the candies they were magical! I want B&T so bad!
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 02-14-2018, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want it too I really want the combination of these two on screen again.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roswell 10/2/00 (View Post)
I agree everything is so stylized now a days. You want to dress like the character. Or they are more like models on a runway with no depth or emotion they just look good.

!
Is it because of product placement? I mean, do the studios or channels have deals with some specific clothes brands/shops?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

They do sometimes, but I think it's just...crappy writing and I don't even know what. Crappy everything? Sometimes I'm watching shows and there are scenes that are placed in them that serve no purpose at all, it's just to show people looking hot or something. I'm like ok, thanks?

Old 02-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Elite Fan

I know that in some shows, you can see cars of certain brands so you know that it's product placement. For clothes, I don't know. I think that when dressing actresses and actors, this should respect the characters. I mean, I understand that in a show like Beverly Hills, the actors can wear expensive clothes but in shows where the characters are poor or are more normal, it's not necessary and even ridiculous.

Old 02-16-2018, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I always found it funny how you never see TV characters wear the same outfit twice...imagine having that kind of wardrobe!

Old 02-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes there was some product placement back in the day or name dropping of brands. I remember Buffy didn't have that much product placement. Neither did Roswell.

I agree it is like the characters in shows now a days hit the lottery and have an unlimited access to designer brands and fashion.

I miss the old days when characters could wear the same or similar outfit twice and it was no big deal.

I agree bad writing and plot shorelines are in fashion it's all about modeling the fashion.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
Old 02-17-2018, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Tv shows are supposed to be about fictional characters, sure, no problem. But it's hard to ignore some things, like expensive clothing for poor characters. It reminds me of an episode of Golden Girls. Blanche's niece was dating a cop who was in love with Miami Vice and who loved to dress like his heroes and live like them. He complained how hard it was to maintain such a wardrobe on a cop salary .

See, even back then, there were issues with how characters were dressed.

Old 02-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

I love the Golden Girls! So true see even Miami Vice had it's Vices with how you could dress like them.

So I hear that Julie Plec has signed on as Director to the NEW show accoring to IMDB.

Roswell (TV Movie) - IMDb

Good luck with that! That woman destroys story lines and does not respect cannon what so ever! Vampire Diaries is proof of that. No respect for the books that the show was based on. She just wrote her ships of the week. I swear she does this based on how hot the guys in the cast are. Mythology was not respect under her eyes. It was bad fan fiction come to light.

I have seen her speak at a few Comic Cons when she was on for the Vampire Diaries and she was clueless to fan bases and story lines. She threw great story lines out the window and created her own with no connection to past seasons or to the premies of the show. All she did was fan girl over the hot guys on the show. She does not help shows she destroys them.

They must of gotten her because Carina Adly MacKenzie wrote for the Originals which Julie was the writer and producer on.

Oh now I hope this show really fails! It's now even more of a disaster in the making! David Nutter was a master of directing the Roswell pilot! It was stunning and the emotions he made you feel pure magic!

True Roswell fans know the Truth! Real True Roswell all the way!
Old 02-19-2018, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still dreading to see the new 'Michael & Maria'....

Old 02-19-2018, 09:38 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Me too!

Oh a happier note today is February 20th and you know what that means Happy 37th Birthday Majandra Delfino! Hope you have a great one! Wishing you much success and happiness!
Old 02-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lxury (View Post)
I'm still dreading to see the new 'Michael & Maria'....
After reading the latest news, I dread it too. It's obvious that the new people in charge of this reboot just don't respect the original books and show and will write typical 2018 teenage stories, with cheating, love triangles and plenty of deaths.

Basically, Roswell will be a generic teenage show of this time, not Something that will stay as cult in a few décades, like OUR Roswell.

Old 02-20-2018, 10:55 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

It's a NEW show! It's not a reboot sure they might use the same names but it is NOT our show! Whole new concept!

This NEW show is not based on the Roswell High books what so ever. I read them as I am sure most of us did and our show was closer to the true Roswell High books!

No one will EVER be our Maria and Michael!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread