Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2015, 05:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I have Buffy # 20,Triggers."

I got my copy yesterday.

The Xander stff is what really interested me in this issue.The fact Anya isn't really Anya I love and intrigued me at the same time.I've long felt that too many characters die and come back so the reveal that this isn't really Anya is great IMO and I assume ties into the larger story of the season.

Thought the adventure with Xander,Giles and Dowling was a fun.

As for the other plotline with Buffy/Spike and the incubus and it bringing up the AR.As usual,the B/S aspects aren't my cup of tea.I get why it was brought up again in this issue but that aspect is really a non issue to me.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Buffy # 21 is already advailable on GooglePlay.There is also a a extensive preview.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=B-TMCgAAQBAJ

Angel & Faith # 20 is also already advailable with a longer preview page.

https://play.google.com/store/books/...d=4sjDCgAAQBAJ
Old 10-30-2015, 11:41 AM
Addicted Fan

Will Conrad posted a image from next week's Angel & Faith # 20.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...50484841865317

Old 10-31-2015, 11:59 AM
Addicted Fan

The issue leaked last week on Google Play(it has since been pulled) as did the preview pages but CBR has them now.

Preview: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #21 - Comic Book Resources

EXCL. PREVIEW: Demons Cause Worldwide Panic in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10" #21

Demons are invading Earth and it's up to Buffy to recruit a team to defeat them in Gage & Isaacs' "Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10" #21.

Demon invasions are becoming a worldwide threat, and Buffy is tasked with convincing the vampire community that they should help fight the invasions. But to win them over, Buffy and Spike have to triumph in one-on-one battles with the finest vampires around—and Harmony is organizing the event!

The last page with Vicki and Harmony was not included in the Google Play preview.It had two more pages continuing the scene with Buffy,Spike and Satsu which are posted over at Buffy forums.

Buffy # 21 Issue Discussion Thread(Full Spoilers))

Old 11-08-2015, 12:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Finally have Angel & Faith # 20,Part II of "Little More Than Kin."

I thought this was a pretty good issue.Loved the art work and it seems like things are starting to pull together.Love the moment where Nadira showed that she never stopped being a Slayer.
Old 11-13-2015, 10:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Angel & Faith # 21.

Preview: Angel & Faith: Season 10 #21 - Comic Book Resources

EXCL. PREVIEW: "Angel & Faith" #21 Faces Down Magic Town Threats

Angel & Faith try to turn the tables on the Big Bads as the "Buffy: Season 10" series by Victor Gischler & Will Conrad thunders toward its finale.

Attacks in London's Magic Town by Archaeus and Drusilla's vampires reach a fever pitch, putting Angel and Faith back on their heels. In an attempt to turn the tables on the Big Bads, Faith seeks their new hideout and Angel walks into a trap—on purpose!

Old 11-14-2015, 04:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
But I personally don`t like it that they do a Comic about Buffy Season 1...sorry but what is that good for. There already were seven Seasons on TV.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Season 10 February 2016 releases

"Tomb Raider" Begins Anew, "Fight Club 2" Ends in Dark Horse's February 2016 Solicitations - Comic Book Resources

Angel & Faith Season 10 #23

Victor Gischler (W), Will Conrad (A), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Mike Norton (Variant cover)

On sale Feb 3
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

Archaeus attempts to lure the magic of Magic Town into the dysfunctional family he's building. But the sentient magic is young, erratic, and a danger to everyone. The team must come together to stop the Big Bad and his malicious plans, but to be a cohesive unit they'll have to learn to trust each other first.

"I fall in love with these characters every time a new issue comes out."—SciFiPulse

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #24

Christos Gage (W), Megan Levens (A), Dan Jackson (C), Steve Morris (Cover), and Rebekah Isaacs (Variant cover)

On sale Feb 17
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

As new jobs, new relationships, and new priorities arise, the Scoobies' personal feuds are becoming a big issue for the team. When the trail of the Restless Door leads to the Demon Lord's hideout, the Mistress takes advantage of their discord and presents the team with a terrible decision that could tear them apart.
• Writer Christos Gage (Daredevil) heats up Season 10!

"Playing with deep, dark emotions, the creative team generate a thrilling sense of suspense, with the dramatic flow keeping this reader hooked to every page."—Unleash the Fanboy

Old 11-17-2015, 07:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the news.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 11-19-2015, 06:12 AM
Addicted Fan

Comic Book Reviews for November 18, 2015 - IGN - Page 3

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 10 #21

Written by Christos Gage | Drawn by Rebekah Isaacs

It’s almost getting comedic how obsessed this book has become with the Buffy/Spike relationship. Ever since its television days, this series has put an emphasis on its relationships, but never this much. It’s getting to the point where seemingly every story beat has to at least mention the decision and question whether or not it’s doomed. A lot of it is interesting, especially for fans of the show who always questioned how it could work, but it’s also getting repetitive. Plus, the stories around the relationship are failing to pull their own weight. This chapter is simply a cage match with a vampire. This relationship drama is in dire need of a resolution, or at least a distraction, because it’s starting to spin its wheels. –Levi

Final Score

Comic Book Review: Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 10 #21 | Geeked Out Nation

Comic Book Review: Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 10 #21

by Jideobi Odunze

After that powerful and emotional issue which came before, it’s time for something new. A new story arc for Buffy and the gang, but the same troubles that seem to have escalated over time. Three demon lords on the loose, a portal generator in their grasp, and demons from far and wide who now have access to their world. What could go wrong? A lot.

This arc looks to set them on a path where they have to start thinking outside the box if they want to make any progress in finding the demon lords. With a new world and new rules, a little outside the box thinking doesn’t hurt with everything the gang has been through so far. Old ways can only help so long as the enemy still thinks the same. Part of that also comes with working side by side with those who have hurt you. In this case being the army. This again from season 10 is a nice touch to connect with those past events which carry unresolved feelings. Christos Gage did an excellent job of putting Buffy and Satsu in that position where they have to overlook the horrors of everyone they lost during their war against the army. Not something you easily forget and just one more thing Buffy needed to confront as a maturing adult who is moving on from those darker times.

With that said, that this led to was something bigger. Where it would take more than Buffy, her friends, or the army to stop what the demon lords are unleashing upon the earth. It would take Buffy and Spike both convincing the vampire community that they should help fight the invasions. When it comes to that meeting it hits you hard as to who they would be confronting about this deal. Mainly after you probably did question a certain page atop with a character we haven’t seen in quite some time. Harmony and Vicky represent two opposing factions of the vampires and being the first time we’ve seen them in the same room together they have come a long way since last either have appeared. Positions of power, authority, and have also seemed to have gone through some maturity themselves. Their development is entertaining and yet also important when decisions made from this point are taken seriously.

Buffy and Spike having to triumph in one-on-one battles with the finest vampires around was the best way to show this. One would assume that the fight would be the biggest challenge for these two, but the true challenge was just being in the same room as Harmony and Vicky. The humor in it all is that while the vampires hate what the demon lords are cooking up, they also hate Buffy and Spike enough to cohesively be a thorn in their side at the same time.

The last page is not at all what you see coming because this certain someone Spike meets in a bar is the same person he had a little adventure with in his HC “Spike: Into The Light”.

This issue got a little balance going on between intensity and humor. Rebekah Isaacs handled this very well starting with Satsu’s reappearance and the offer she had for Buffy and Spike. This brought up soured feelings about the past and the army and you could see that etched across their faces as they confronted those feelings to each other. Anyone who read Season 8-9 should understand those tragedies and why this was serious for the both of them to come to terms about. Then there’s the humor from both Harmony and Vicky who take advantaged of a making a deal to also start trouble for Spike and Buffy as a couple. The execution of emotion was there visually though you still feel just a bit disappointed that they haven’t completely overcome those bad habits they should have learned from. That said it was the expressive art overall that stood out which was needed for the story told and mood set for what comes next.

Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season 10 #21 is a great start to what will keep us on track with this war against the demon lords. The situation has escalated and now all important players involved with this conflict have been established before a move is made.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Addicted Fan

I have Buffy # 21,Part I of ,"In Pieces On The Ground."

I got the issue yesterday.I don't really have much to say.The focus on Buffy/Spike with Harmony and Vicki trying to create problems had no impact on me since I don't care for the pairing and I'm not rooting for the relationship.So that whole focus in the issue has no dramatic interest for me.

As for the end,well we knew Dylan was coming at some point..

There were little moments I liked such as seeing Satsu again and here reaction to young Giles.(his reaction too.).

But that's really it.The focus of the issue was on a subject that I don't have any vested interest in and there were no real subplots for me to really get pulled in.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Addicted Fan

I got my copy of Angel & Faith # 21 today.Part I of the final season 10 arc of the series,"A Tale Of Two Familes."

I thought this issue was stronger then the last few issues.I liked the bit of confrontation between Angel and Faith.

I still think Archaeus is a weak big bad and as others have said,Dru's voice is off.But Dru is tough character to get the voice right.Wish we had gotten that Dru miniseries in season 9 with JL just to see if she could of gotten the voice right for her own character.

The Brandt reveal,that he's a vampire was big surprise.

I also the Angelus cliffhanger is a fake out or will have twist.

Overall liked the issue.
Old 12-11-2015, 03:15 PM
Addicted Fan

Preview pages for Buffy # 22.I found them posted on Buffy boards..

Spoiler! - Preview for BTVS S10 Issue #22 | Buffy-Boards

The covers for Buffy # 25 were also found there.

Spoiler! - Covers for BtVS S10 Issue #25 | Buffy-Boards

Old 12-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Addicted Fan

Buffy board' have now found the covers for March's Angel & Faith # 24.

SPOILER! Covers for Angel & Faith S10 Issue #24 | Buffy-Boards

We still need the solicitations for this and Buffy # 25 but we have all the covers now.

ETA

We already got the March 2016 covers but now we have the actual issue summeries.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...-solicitations

Angel & Faith Season 10 #24

Victor Gischler (W), Will Conrad (A), Michelle Madsen (C), Scott Fischer (Cover), and Mike Norton (Variant cover)

On sale Mar 2
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

Magic Town is being overrun by Big Bad Archaeus’s vampire family. His plot to take complete control hinges on one thing—whether or not the sentient magic will join him. Angel, Faith, and their team are ready for the challenge!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #25

Christos Gage (W), Megan Levens (A), Dan Jackson (C), Steve Morris (Cover), and Rebekah Isaacs (Variant cover)

On sale Mar 23
FC, 32 pages
$3.99
Ongoing

Defeating the demon lords has been priority one for Buffy and team—to stop the continual opening of portals to dangerous demon dimensions . . . Suddenly there is a new priority one: closing a portal—and one portal in particular. Will the team be lost?
• Guest artist Megan Levens finishes out the penultimate arc of Season 10!

Last edited by comic fan; 12-14-2015 at 02:20 PM
Old 12-17-2015, 10:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Advanced review for Buffy # 22.

Comic Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer #22 - Wicked Horror : Wicked Horror

Comic Review: Buffy the Vampire Slayer #22

December 15, 2015By Nat Brehmer

I think Buffy the Vampire Slayer #22 went in a different direction than people were expecting, which is a good thing by and large. The previous issue ended with Dylan—a character from Spike’s spinoff graphic novel Into the Light who was introduced as a possible romantic interest—coming to town and wanting to talk to him. A lot of people were afraid that this would destroy Buffy and Spike’s relationship, but that’s not what happened. She isn’t looking to date, she just wants to thank him because her meeting with him allowed her to ultimately grow up as a person. Yet again, this is a character brought into the middle of things not to intentionally stir up trouble, but to make the characters stir up trouble within themselves. What I like is that it doesn’t go in an obvious direction where Buffy is simply jealous of Spike’s female friend. That’s not really it at all, thank God.

Having said that, I definitely don’t think that Buffy and Spike will still be together at the end of the season. It would be nice to be surprised on that front and I think their relationship and their doubts are being handled well, often extremely well. But if I were a betting man, I’d bet Spike’s doubts get the better of him and lead him to be the one who walked away. It would be entirely different than anything we’ve seen between these characters before, but it also wouldn’t be remotely out of character for him. Naturally, the best case scenario would be for these two to once again acknowledge their doubts and fears and make the decision to do their best to overcome them. Unfortunately, they’ve been doing that a lot this season and the doubts still remain, no matter what they do or say.

This issue really belongs to Willow, though, which is an important thing. If anyone has been on the sidelines this season—other than maybe Dawn, who I know they’re saving for something big—it’s her. Willow’s been there to help with the big issues and then kind of disappeared, even though she and Buffy live together. Now we have the big reveal that she’s decided to work with the military to help restore magic and calm things down on a bigger scale than she’d be doing normally. It’s not something that Buffy agrees with at all, to the point that a large focus on the issue is on whether or not they can even continue to be friends after this.

Of course, Willow’s decision to work within the military is just one of many things that have been building over time, with the focus really being on the fact that maybe Willow and Buffy simply became too different as people to have the relationship they had before. All that means, and it’s kind of a sweet thing, is that their friendship has to evolve. It’s not going to be the same as it was, but that’s probably going to make it better overall. I’m very happy to see Buffy and Willow entering this new stage.

We’re winding down on the season now, so I’m a little curious to see what’s going to happen and if all of these characters will build to a complete resolution to their arc. So much is being juggled right now. The band’s all back together, but we’re not seeing them all at once. I have faith in Christos Gage as a writer, but it will be interesting to see how it develops as time is running out.

WICKED RATING: 8 Stars (8 / 10)
Closed Thread   Post New Thread