Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-17-2017, 04:53 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
They are pretty good. Just couldn't see much details on them on the picture.

The LOTR merch is really awesome.

Popular one

Awww they look adorable! And they are camera ready

Didn't do anything good unfortunately. I'm still trying to entangle that mess with my new landlord. We got contrary advice so it's hard to know what to do next. So more research is necessary, and in a hurry.

What did you do?
Damn, that's still going on? That's brutal. The whole situation sounds ****ty. Not a great way to spend your weekend..

We didn't do much. Mostly been busy with the cats. Rox (the biggest of the two - even tho they're of the same age) is one big little ball of fur, filled with ADHD. He likes to hunt...even our hands and feet. Since we started to realise he just needs more playtime than his brother the problems went away slightly. It takes a lot of time to get him tired, but we love every second of it. Other than that the first few days went awesome. Yesterday we had a meet your neighbours kind of thing. We decided to take a look in every appartment on the 8th floor. We expected the cats to be scared, but they loved the attention and were very curious. They needed a lot of rest after, but they were incredible. The neighbours are very kind, so that's a win too.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Damn, that's still going on? That's brutal. The whole situation sounds ****ty. Not a great way to spend your weekend..
Yeah especially since we've been stupid enough to wait and wait on the new landlord's parents to do some renovation work because they were old and we didn't want to bug them and now this jerk inherits and thinks he's going to make a bundle without even doing the work? Yeah don't think so.

Bottom line is, if we go to mediation, we'll probably win but it's going to be months of stress and pointless negotiations until then and if there's one thing I didn't want to have to fight over, it's this apartment.

Quote:
Rox (the biggest of the two - even tho they're of the same age)
Heh well my sister was always taller than me until puberty even though we are twins so I guess it's the same with animals

Quote:
is one big little ball of fur, filled with ADHD. He likes to hunt...even our hands and feet.
yeah from the video, I could tell right away who he is

Quote:
We expected the cats to be scared, but they loved the attention and were very curious. They needed a lot of rest after, but they were incredible. The neighbours are very kind, so that's a win too.
Aww that's cute. Cats love to explore but the neighbours don't have to be cool about it

Our neighbors have two cats (age 6 to 8) and two boys (age 2 to 4) so let's just say the cats like to escape into the hallway when the kids are home
A few days ago, I was just opening my door as one of the cats made a run for it. I blocked her but you should have seen the look on her face when she realized there was no escape. She was like "Sanctuary! Please! Don't let them take me!"

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 01-18-2017, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

Hi everyone ,

I hope you are all having a wonderful week.

The Graphics Team is currently in the process of (re)customising boards and it is currently The Good Wife board's turn! If you would like to share your opinions on what colours you would like to see here and which characters should be included in the graphics please come and post in this topped thread .

Thank you.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:20 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah especially since we've been stupid enough to wait and wait on the new landlord's parents to do some renovation work because they were old and we didn't want to bug them and now this jerk inherits and thinks he's going to make a bundle without even doing the work? Yeah don't think so.

Bottom line is, if we go to mediation, we'll probably win but it's going to be months of stress and pointless negotiations until then and if there's one thing I didn't want to have to fight over, it's this apartment.

Heh well my sister was always taller than me until puberty even though we are twins so I guess it's the same with animals

yeah from the video, I could tell right away who he is

Aww that's cute. Cats love to explore but the neighbours don't have to be cool about it

Our neighbors have two cats (age 6 to 8) and two boys (age 2 to 4) so let's just say the cats like to escape into the hallway when the kids are home
A few days ago, I was just opening my door as one of the cats made a run for it. I blocked her but you should have seen the look on her face when she realized there was no escape. She was like "Sanctuary! Please! Don't let them take me!"
Hahaha, that story about those cats

I can imagine a fight about your appartment isn't something you wanted to happen Like you said, you'll probabaly win, but at what cost/time?
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The Graphics Team is currently in the process of (re)customising boards and it is currently The Good Wife board's turn! If you would like to share your opinions on what colours you would like to see here and which characters should be included in the graphics please come and post in this topped thread .
Hey Chelle posted in the thread and we'll exchange ideas.

Quote:
I can imagine a fight about your appartment isn't something you wanted to happen Like you said, you'll probabaly win, but at what cost/time?
Yeah and I'm usually very open to seeing every side in any conflict but I dislike dishonesty. The guy didn't care at all when his Dad died, to check on how things were going. He left his 93 year old mother in charge of everything, and ofc she didn't take care of anything. Now the money's going to him so instead of coming to us and asking about works to be done (the electricity should have been reworked to fit new norms back in 2012 for example) and then telling us he wanted to raise the rent, he just raised the rent. That's BS

Oh well, we'll see.

Hope you had a good week. Are the kitties getting used to the place?

Old 01-21-2017, 05:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Yeah and I'm usually very open to seeing every side in any conflict but I dislike dishonesty. The guy didn't care at all when his Dad died, to check on how things were going. He left his 93 year old mother in charge of everything, and ofc she didn't take care of anything. Now the money's going to him so instead of coming to us and asking about works to be done (the electricity should have been reworked to fit new norms back in 2012 for example) and then telling us he wanted to raise the rent, he just raised the rent. That's BS

Oh well, we'll see.

Hope you had a good week. Are the kitties getting used to the place?
I will keep my fingers crossed for you, hoping it gets solved soon The current situation is a bad one

The kitties are good. One of them just wants to snuggle all the time. Likes to play, but has its limits. His big brother is way more enthoustiatic though. Even chases our hands when they're not moving. It's getting annoying and there doesn't seem to be much progress with unlearning the behavior. Lots of scars on our hands. It's a tough situation. We don't want to give him back, so we're trying to find other solutions. Already giving him more playtime than his brother (2-3 hours per day), but he remains so active.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I know. That is because I asked her (actually anyone on the team) to do it since no one had responded. The sooner ideas are discussed in that thread the sooner the team can work on the graphic. Right now we do not know for certain who to add or what colours to use and we would really appreciate the input of you and your posters so we can begin working on the graphics. Please keep in mind that the team takes two weeks to work on the graphics and at this point one week has gone so there is only a week left for them to work on something for your board. This is why we recommend posting your wishes as soon and quickly as possible.

I was hoping to catch your posters attention by posting in here but it does not appear that there are all that many in here. Perhaps you could PM any regulars pointing out the thread and asking them to share their thoughts ? We are able to just work from your opinion and I am happy for just you to post in there, but others may like to share their thoughts too since they post here as well.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:12 PM
Master Fan

Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around. House stuff has been consuming me lately. Girlfriend finally finished painting the master bedroom, and she and her dad put together the bed frame he made for us just after Christmas. Now girlfriend is currently painting the bedroom we're currently sleeping in. But not for long as we bought a mattress for the master bedroom on Monday night. It should arrive on Tuesday, yay.

Not just bedroom stuff has been busy either. Her folks brought up our dining room table last weekend and we bought a table pad for it on Amazon, which arrived Thursday. Today, we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and bought a few tablecloths for the table. So nice being able to eat at a table.

And in other news, my mom sent me a smart watch called Misfit Flash, so I can track my steps and also my sleep. I'm starting a food diary again and watching what I eat and exercising (signed up for a zumba class to last 6 weeks starting next month at the local rec center as well as being in the middle of a 30 day challenge I found on refinery29).

So, yes. Busy times. I can't believe I will be 30 in less than 6 months.
I made my icon.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:17 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by room to breathe (View Post)
I know. That is because I asked her (actually anyone on the team) to do it since no one had responded. The sooner ideas are discussed in that thread the sooner the team can work on the graphic. Right now we do not know for certain who to add or what colours to use and we would really appreciate the input of you and your posters so we can begin working on the graphics. Please keep in mind that the team takes two weeks to work on the graphics and at this point one week has gone so there is only a week left for them to work on something for your board. This is why we recommend posting your wishes as soon and quickly as possible.

I was hoping to catch your posters attention by posting in here but it does not appear that there are all that many in here. Perhaps you could PM any regulars pointing out the thread and asking them to share their thoughts ? We are able to just work from your opinion and I am happy for just you to post in there, but others may like to share their thoughts too since they post here as well.
I'm a regular, but I don't really have an opinion about the lay-out. I read what Carla/Gelfling said in the thread and I agree with her, if that means anything

Gaby, I see you're keeping yourself busy. It sounds like the house is progressing real nicely. Happy to hear! Also with your health and everything.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Heh I'm afraid when it comes to us, this is it. We are the regulars right now. The spin-off might bring more people back but for now we have a small community.

Gabyyyyy!! long time! You've been missed!

Quote:
Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around. House stuff has been consuming me lately. Girlfriend finally finished painting the master bedroom, and she and her dad put together the bed frame he made for us just after Christmas. Now girlfriend is currently painting the bedroom we're currently sleeping in. But not for long as we bought a mattress for the master bedroom on Monday night. It should arrive on Tuesday, yay.
Yeah I figured you had a lot going on with the new house, settling down and the holidays. I still can't believe her Dad made you a bed! Beats Ikea
How's your Dad doing?

Quote:
And in other news, my mom sent me a smart watch called Misfit Flash, so I can track my steps and also my sleep. I'm starting a food diary again and watching what I eat and exercising (signed up for a zumba class to last 6 weeks starting next month at the local rec center as well as being in the middle of a 30 day challenge I found on refinery29).
Heh new year's resolutions?
Joana got an app to monitor her sleep. Turns out she's not sleeping well... as anyone who's seen her sleep can attest She tosses and turns so much, I keep wondering how she never woke up on the floor.

Quote:
So, yes. Busy times. I can't believe I will be 30 in less than 6 months.
Well, now you're settled and all, it was only a matter of time

Quote:
I'm a regular, but I don't really have an opinion about the lay-out. I read what Carla/Gelfling said in the thread and I agree with her, if that means anything
thanks Ingmar. Makes me feel like a proper matriarch

Quote:
The kitties are good. One of them just wants to snuggle all the time. Likes to play, but has its limits. His big brother is way more enthoustiatic though. Even chases our hands when they're not moving. It's getting annoying and there doesn't seem to be much progress with unlearning the behavior. Lots of scars on our hands.
Ouch. Yeah he seems very active even on the video. Do cats have ADHD? Well anyway, if keeping him busy doesn't help, it's a problem for sure

Quote:
It's a tough situation. We don't want to give him back, so we're trying to find other solutions. Already giving him more playtime than his brother (2-3 hours per day), but he remains so active.
Will it get better as he grows? Did you look it up online?

Spent all my weekend cleaning the place (I've been slacking ) and cooking up a storm. I'm using all my new kitchen gizmos and gadgets and I must say it's been pretty cool. Trial and error mostly but not that much error involved so it's all good.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:19 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

Ouch. Yeah he seems very active even on the video. Do cats have ADHD? Well anyway, if keeping him busy doesn't help, it's a problem for sure

Will it get better as he grows? Did you look it up online?

Spent all my weekend cleaning the place (I've been slacking ) and cooking up a storm. I'm using all my new kitchen gizmos and gadgets and I must say it's been pretty cool. Trial and error mostly but not that much error involved so it's all good.
Cats can have ADHD, so there's a chance he has it, lol That said, the last few days he's improving. Still active as hell, but the scratching isn't there anymore. We heard that when he does it we have to make a high peep, like the sound cats make when they feel pain. Doing so really helped they get a shocked impression on their face and they let go. After that he hasn't done it anymore. It's a sound he recognizes (that he went too far), so I'm happy that google is out there

We read that Norwegian Forest cats are slightly more active than ''normal'' cats or other breeds, but that they will calm down once they get nutured (in 2 months from now). Aging will also help. Once they reach the 1 year mark they should be a lot more quiet. Not that we mind the ''ADHD'' aspect of it though, it's just the scratching that was annoying.

So cool to read you've made yourself busy in the kitchen. You're quite active in the kitchen, so part of me is very curious how good of a cook you are. Hungry! Thank you very much
Old 01-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Banned

Survey about The Good Wife

I am a researcher from the University of Alabama, and I’m interested in your opinions about TV shows, including the Good Wife, Scandal, and Madam Secretary. I'd like to know more about how you feel about these shows and how these shows might influence your life.

Please use the following link to complete the survey:
https://universityofalabama.az1.qual...qwyQjjt5jqEEkZ

This survey will take about 10 minutes to complete. For every person who completes the survey, I will donate $0.50 to the Save the Children Literacy Program (Child Literacy in the US - Save the Children).

Thank you for your consideration!
Old 01-26-2017, 10:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I am a researcher from the University of Alabama, and I’m interested in your opinions about TV shows, including the Good Wife, Scandal, and Madam Secretary. I'd like to know more about how you feel about these shows and how these shows might influence your life.
That's interesting. Why did you chose those topics if I may ask?

Quote:
This survey will take about 10 minutes to complete. For every person who completes the survey, I will donate $0.50 to the Save the Children Literacy Program (Child Literacy in the US - Save the Children).
Cool.

Quote:
Cats can have ADHD, so there's a chance he has it, lol

Quote:
We heard that when he does it we have to make a high peep, like the sound cats make when they feel pain. Doing so really helped they get a shocked impression on their face and they let go. After that he hasn't done it anymore.
That's awesome! Yeah he is not trying to hurt you so if he perceives it hurts, he's not doing it again. How sweet

Quote:
It's a sound he recognizes (that he went too far), so I'm happy that google is out there
Google is your friend. and your big brother, and your pimp who sells you out to governments and data mining companies but it's all for you.

Quote:
We read that Norwegian Forest cats are slightly more active than ''normal'' cats or other breeds, but that they will calm down once they get nutured (in 2 months from now). Aging will also help. Once they reach the 1 year mark they should be a lot more quiet.
Well they are beautiful so they have to be a little annoying for a while at least

Quote:
So cool to read you've made yourself busy in the kitchen. You're quite active in the kitchen, so part of me is very curious how good of a cook you are. Hungry! Thank you very much
I only have bad pictures because the lighting is very bad here but I'll try to find a few to share.

This weekend, I'm going to cook Chinese for the New Year, obviously.
Not sure what yet but I was thinking a tea-smoked five spice duck breast with some spicy noodles and bok choi but I don't know if I'll find the kind of duck I need.
I'll definitely make dim sum for brunch on Sunday and probably a sticky mango and coconut rice with a lychee sorbet for dessert

I don't cook a lot of Chinese food because it's hard to find the right ingredients here. There are a few Asian foodstore in our "Chinatown" but it's mostly populated with Vietnamese people so I don't always get Chinese ingredients. And soft shell crabs or jellyfish? Forget it
Do you like Asian food?

This week I cooked mostly Italian because it's so cold outside, I needed some sun in my plate but I didn't go crazy. Just some pasta with a great lamb ragù and ricotta dumplings, simple Italian food, family style.

What do you eat at home?

Old 01-27-2017, 03:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
That's interesting. Why did you chose those topics if I may ask?

Cool.

That's awesome! Yeah he is not trying to hurt you so if he perceives it hurts, he's not doing it again. How sweet

Google is your friend. and your big brother, and your pimp who sells you out to governments and data mining companies but it's all for you.

Well they are beautiful so they have to be a little annoying for a while at least

I only have bad pictures because the lighting is very bad here but I'll try to find a few to share.

Not sure what yet but I was thinking a tea-smoked five spice duck breast with some spicy noodles and bok choi but I don't know if I'll find the kind of duck I need.
I'll definitely make dim sum for brunch on Sunday and probably a sticky mango and coconut rice with a lychee sorbet for dessert

I don't cook a lot of Chinese food because it's hard to find the right ingredients here. There are a few Asian foodstore in our "Chinatown" but it's mostly populated with Vietnamese people so I don't always get Chinese ingredients. And soft shell crabs or jellyfish? Forget it
Do you like Asian food?

This week I cooked mostly Italian because it's so cold outside, I needed some sun in my plate but I didn't go crazy. Just some pasta with a great lamb ragù and ricotta dumplings, simple Italian food, family style.

What do you eat at home?
God, those dishes sound awesome compared to you we're savage animals, lol. We're both now really skilled cooks, so we mainly make common dishes. Potatoes, vegetables and some meat. I'm really into Italian food, but Jos is not. The only dish he likes would be ''Macaroni - as in Mac and cheese, without the cheese''. Twice a month I'm ordering some lasagna though, since it's my favorite Italian dish out there. We both love Chinese food, but never make it ourselves, we just order. We're lazy people I love going out for dinner, so there's some other things we can put in our rotation Not really into Asian dishes, except for Rice and some dishes that go with it, but don't know how to spell it in English.

Your google joke

Cats are doing better by the day. We are getting used to their schedule and they get used to ours

Have fun cooking this weekend!
Old 01-27-2017, 11:32 PM
Obsessed Fan

Hi everyone! How was your week?

Quote:
Well, and now I'm soooo hungry

Quote:
Do you like Asian food?
I do

Quote:
Ricotta <3