Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-02-2011, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Alicia ♥ Peter Appreciation Thread #22 - Because Peter is focusing on work, he thinks is over…..

Welcome to the
Alicia & Peter
Appreciation Thread

Supporter list:

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Eternal Flame
03. Brilliant Disguise
04. Emily
05. Det.Logan
06. Natasja1982
07. film_snob007
08. Caribell
09. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
10. Kiki17
11.4Florrick
12. tvdramafan
13. EndlessღLove
14. JLarah
15. Pan
16. GoodWifeObsessed
17. Kabous
18. Thenewpsies
19. Goodwifefan
20. HappilyShort
21. claire_bear2007

Reasons why we love them:

Because they were together for 15 years
Because Peter wants everything going back to normal
Because they were happy at one time
Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
Because they were kinky
Because he still has his ring on
Because she has still her ring on
Because Alicia wants to forgive him
Because he hurt her but she can't let him go
Because she visits him in jail
Because he still can make her laugh
Because "separated" doesn't mean "enemies"?
Because they're cute as a couple and deserve a second chance!!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 11-23-2011 at 11:26 PM
Old 10-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Aw that kiss animation will always get me
Old 10-02-2011, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread, Kiki

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
Aw that kiss animation will always get me
I seriously cannot even look at it

No A/P tonight sigh.....but it was nice to see Peter admit how much he hurt Alicia.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-02-2011, 11:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

OMG he did?? Wow, that's...late, but better than never I guess, right

No, I haven't seen the episode yet
Old 10-02-2011, 11:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch Tomato (View Post)
OMG he did?? Wow, that's...late, but better than never I guess, right

No, I haven't seen the episode yet
And why not?

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-03-2011, 08:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
And why not?
TFTNT Kiki

Again wasn't too wowed by the episode - Found it okay but not supremely moving to me or anything!!

I found the Eli/Kalinda scenes a little staged in feeling but I think they have some great potential together in scenes!

Found the Political Stagestist GREAT and hilarious - Was he modeled on James Carville

Diane ROCKED yet again

Found the two British lawyers really good - Yet oddly found the case a bit dull - But hey I'd watch a spin off with Brannon and Thrush - Hmm what could we call it - Barrister - No actually Soliciter

ADORED the scene between Peter and Zach - Was very pleased with Peter in the scene - One of the few times that we can truly say we can see some REAL and TRUE regret and remorse totally uncolored by ruthless ambition and the like. As others have said he didn't sugar coat anything ( including himself ) - Handled the encouter wonderfully actually...

In contrast the scene between Alicia and Zach left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth - It almost felt slightly like Alicia bad mouthing Peter without actually doing so. This is a very delicate issue - divorce and how the kids are dealt with through the turmoil. I think the audience understands that the kids would have long lasting issues with Dad after what he did and perhaps worry that they would have some of his less savoury personality traits but again I don't think it needs to actually be vocalized. Give us the more subtle approach - let us read between the lines by ourselves. Like some said Alicia was so quick to anwser and her anwser was so definative - Not much middle or GREY GROUND there!!

So far this season I really miss the subtle and I really miss the grey - Yes I know I'm hard to please

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-03-2011 at 08:07 AM
Old 10-03-2011, 09:20 AM
Extreme Fan

I did like this epi more than the premiere... I had complained last year that the epis moved too fast, so I had better shut up bec I think they have slowed the pace... I generally like it.

I looked at the LA times article again ( re its a new show-sexy)..and not as bad as I thought..but it does sound like the marketing pple are off doing what they want. I do not object to more sex ( which could mean an A/P scene...HAHA!!!) but I do not think it is great if they misrep the show... a nd some pple perceive alicia as being ****ty, others smart , sexy... have to say though... her offer to meet Will in the bathroom was a bit on the edge for me...tacky and risky....

Fact that TV guide rated scene #1 was good for the show, but overall that is not what the show is, and I want it to remain true to itself... Kings implied it would..execs kept saying they wanted a broader aud and I am not sure who that is..someone said young women...but think they have those already...

I did not love alicia resp to Zach either and interesting even Peter naysayers picked up...again it shows how litttle she really thinks of him ( at least now)..

That is a pretty devasating thing to imply...

Friend of mine who is NOT a shipper at all of either couple.. she just likes JM and the show... told me she found alicia went too arbitrarily from being totally glum and sullen ( esp with Peter) to suddenly so chipper and happy ....we know why...but to me, Jodie ,that underscored how right we were that JM/Alicia really went a bit too far in her disinterest /almost dislike of Peter ...she was so unsmiling etc and that was why that reconcil did not work as a plot point.

It will be interesting when kids find out about Will.. sure they will think she should be happy but Grace knew something about Will way back when , will kids wonder why she kept Peter hanging around, or how the issue of being quiet about the sep /and Will do not really mesh..

And Diane..lets not even go there !!!
Overall, do like the new pairings.. E/K is interesting..agree it feels a bit staged,
even D/P....
Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdramafan (View Post)
I did like this epi more than the premiere... I had complained last year that the epis moved too fast, so I had better shut up bec I think they have slowed the pace... I generally like it.

I looked at the LA times article again ( re its a new show-sexy)..and not as bad as I thought..but it does sound like the marketing pple are off doing what they want. I do not object to more sex ( which could mean an A/P scene...HAHA!!!) but I do not think it is great if they misrep the show... a nd some pple perceive alicia as being ****ty, others smart , sexy... have to say though... her offer to meet Will in the bathroom was a bit on the edge for me...tacky and risky....

Fact that TV guide rated scene #1 was good for the show, but overall that is not what the show is, and I want it to remain true to itself... Kings implied it would..execs kept saying they wanted a broader aud and I am not sure who that is..someone said young women...but think they have those already...

I did not love alicia resp to Zach either and interesting even Peter naysayers picked up...again it shows how litttle she really thinks of him ( at least now)..

That is a pretty devasating thing to imply...

Friend of mine who is NOT a shipper at all of either couple.. she just likes JM and the show... told me she found alicia went too arbitrarily from being totally glum and sullen ( esp with Peter) to suddenly so chipper and happy ....we know why...but to me, Jodie ,that underscored how right we were that JM/Alicia really went a bit too far in her disinterest /almost dislike of Peter ...she was so unsmiling etc and that was why that reconcil did not work as a plot point.

It will be interesting when kids find out about Will.. sure they will think she should be happy but Grace knew something about Will way back when , will kids wonder why she kept Peter hanging around, or how the issue of being quiet about the sep /and Will do not really mesh..

And Diane..lets not even go there !!!
Overall, do like the new pairings.. E/K is interesting..agree it feels a bit staged,
even D/P....
I actually think I liked the pace more last year - the faster somewhat more frantic approach I guess - But then I'm a hyper gal

I'm also not so into the new Sexy Show - I think it takes away a bit from the gravitas of the show but hey that's just me hehe - and I certainly wasn't complaining about the Bathroom Scene last year - But come on they were listening to NPR so lots of substance to that particular scene

Yup I also thought the 10 minute comment was a bit over the top - That's actually how I'm seeing this whole new Sexy Show right now...

Agreed Alicia's sure morphed fast hasn't she - Maybe it's not her maybe it's her sexy twin or something / You're right such a sudden and drastic transformation does in many ways show how little she felt for Peter doesn't it - Also sort of shows how little the Kings feel about the A/P relationship - IMO at aleast

It will be interesting to see how the kids will react when they find out about Will and their Mom.- Unfortunately it will probably be in the end of season cliffhanger
Old 10-03-2011, 07:40 PM
Elite Fan

Hey girls

Why aren't you sharing your thoughts in the episode thread? Nobody bites in there, you know?

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelfling (View Post)
Hey girls

Why aren't you sharing your thoughts in the episode thread? Nobody bites in there, you know?
Hi Carla

I'm not so worried about them biting - I'm worried I'll bite back

Aww but I'm pretty happy over here in my isolated and deluded corner of the world - I mean board

Me and my pal Mare whining away - and that's meant in the best possible way...

Ohh look a Dr. Seuss type rhyming ode to our wonderful Mare - Truly though Sweetie you and I often seem to think so much alike in regards to the show it's sometimes a little scary

p.s - Also Carla feel free to move any posts to the episode thread if you need to - Should I get a tetanus shot first

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-04-2011 at 08:04 AM
Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodWifeObsessed (View Post)

Again wasn't too wowed by the episode - Found it okay but not supremely moving to me or anything!!

ADORED the scene between Peter and Zach - Was very pleased with Peter in the scene - One of the few times that we can truly say we can see some REAL and TRUE regret and remorse totally uncolored by ruthless ambition and the like. As others have said he didn't sugar coat anything ( including himself ) - Handled the encounter wonderfully actually...

In contrast the scene between Alicia and Zach left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth - It almost felt slightly like Alicia bad mouthing Peter without actually doing so. This is a very delicate issue - divorce and how the kids are dealt with through the turmoil. I think the audience understands that the kids would have long lasting issues with Dad after what he did and perhaps worry that they would have some of his less savory personality traits but again I don't think it needs to actually be vocalized. Give us the more subtle approach - let us read between the lines by ourselves. Like some said Alicia was so quick to answer and her answer was so definitive - Not much middle or GREY GROUND there!!

So far this season I really miss the subtle and I really miss the grey - Yes I know I'm hard to please
Ditto times all four points! There is only room for one Jodie on this brainwave, me thinks. Tho I s'pose it matters little so long as we are in agreement on so much!

Feeling generally bored by the series so far this season, and more than a wee bit disillusioned tbh. Wondering if pre-purchasing season 3 on iTunes was a waste of $40, but have a few faint wisps of hope left that things will improve rather than slide down the toilet...

Until then, I think I will concentrate on my fan fic. I like my fake little Alicia/Peter world better anyway...

Hope Kiki makes it to the filming Thursday since I can't get to Manhattan this month as previously planned.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodwifefan (View Post)
Ditto times all four points! There is only room for one Jodie on this brainwave, me thinks. Tho I s'pose it matters little so long as we are in agreement on so much!

Feeling generally bored by the series so far this season, and more than a wee bit disillusioned tbh. Wondering if pre-purchasing season 3 on iTunes was a waste of $40, but have a few faint wisps of hope left that things will improve rather than slide down the toilet...

Until then, I think I will concentrate on my fan fic. I like my fake little Alicia/Peter world better anyway...

Hope Kiki makes it to the filming Thursday since I can't get to Manhattan this month as previously planned.
Hey Jodie - Oh there's room for both of us here Sweetie

I like your Alicia/Peter world better as well - You are truly an awesome writer - Give us a heads up here when you have new story finished - No pressure of course

Disillusioned kind of sums it up for me as well - Speaking of which - How oh how will I handle it when Peter is MIA while Chris is filming Titanic...

But then the other half of me is so happy that he's got the role in the mini series -What a wonderful part for him to play - Something to really sink his teeth into!

Can't wait to see it!
Old 10-04-2011, 10:14 AM
Extreme Fan

Sorry ,Carla... they don't bite really. but they do always seem to make the most negative interpretations re Peter... just find it annoying and I feel I may bite back too....

Jodes and Jodie... love you guys and KIKI too, except we know how busy she is on other threads...

As for A/P.. not sure how much worse they can make them..now alicia knows he is after Will/the firm, and by corollary her. Divorce seems not only inevitable but how quickly ...but with the Kings .....
I keep thinking about the famous scene with Peggy/Don where they yelled at each other but came to terms, and hope they could do something like that with A/P.
they sure have the talent there.
It was nice to see in NY times review and others, the acting kudos they gave to Christine, Chris, Matt for their various scenes....no wonder everyone is dying to get onthe show...
Old 10-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdramafan (View Post)
Sorry ,Carla... they don't bite really. but they do always seem to make the most negative interpretations re Peter... just find it annoying and I feel I may bite back too....

Jodes and Jodie... love you guys and KIKI too, except we know how busy she is on other threads...

As for A/P.. not sure how much worse they can make them..now alicia knows he is after Will/the firm, and by corollary her. Divorce seems not only inevitable but how quickly ...but with the Kings .....
I keep thinking about the famous scene with Peggy/Don where they yelled at each other but came to terms, and hope they could do something like that with A/P.
they sure have the talent there.
It was nice to see in NY times review and others, the acting kudos they gave to Christine, Chris, Matt for their various scenes....no wonder everyone is dying to get onthe show...
I tend to feel the same way Mare - Of course

The negative interpretations I can take it's some of the negative comments that could potentially get me going...

I get that we don't all have the same opinions and such but I myself really try to remain as respectful as possible towards all of the characters and actors even if they aren't necessarily my favorites...

Also being as we are A/P shippers or at least fans we in are quite in the minority - Swimming against the tide potentially battling as you go could get exhausting

Love you too Sweetie - Hope you are well and always love reading your insights into the show and A/P as couple.

I too wonder how much worse can they make things between Alicia and Peter - It almost now seems to be a case of how low can you go

While I loved that they showed Peter in quite a positive light in the scene with Zach - I felt in many ways that postivity was negated shortly there after in the Alicia/Zach scene

That little rare bit of true tenderness that we see from Peter - made a little less powerful when we see his son's apparent horror that he may be like his father and his extreme relief at being told that he's not at the hand's of his mother

I understand the feelings ( Zach's uncertainess and fear, Alicia's anger ), they are even probably quite true to life - But I felt somewhat manipulated by how they played them out...

Yeah I guess I'd have to say manipulated for lack of a better word!!

And I'd have to say that Peter impressed me more as a parent in this episode even while I was being told he is a BAD dude!

p.s - Jodes have you started any of that fantastic fanfic yet Darling

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-04-2011 at 02:27 PM