View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 09:08 PM
goodwifefan
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodWifeObsessed (View Post)

Again wasn't too wowed by the episode - Found it okay but not supremely moving to me or anything!!

ADORED the scene between Peter and Zach - Was very pleased with Peter in the scene - One of the few times that we can truly say we can see some REAL and TRUE regret and remorse totally uncolored by ruthless ambition and the like. As others have said he didn't sugar coat anything ( including himself ) - Handled the encounter wonderfully actually...

In contrast the scene between Alicia and Zach left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth - It almost felt slightly like Alicia bad mouthing Peter without actually doing so. This is a very delicate issue - divorce and how the kids are dealt with through the turmoil. I think the audience understands that the kids would have long lasting issues with Dad after what he did and perhaps worry that they would have some of his less savory personality traits but again I don't think it needs to actually be vocalized. Give us the more subtle approach - let us read between the lines by ourselves. Like some said Alicia was so quick to answer and her answer was so definitive - Not much middle or GREY GROUND there!!

So far this season I really miss the subtle and I really miss the grey - Yes I know I'm hard to please
Ditto times all four points! There is only room for one Jodie on this brainwave, me thinks. Tho I s'pose it matters little so long as we are in agreement on so much!

Feeling generally bored by the series so far this season, and more than a wee bit disillusioned tbh. Wondering if pre-purchasing season 3 on iTunes was a waste of $40, but have a few faint wisps of hope left that things will improve rather than slide down the toilet...

Until then, I think I will concentrate on my fan fic. I like my fake little Alicia/Peter world better anyway...

Hope Kiki makes it to the filming Thursday since I can't get to Manhattan this month as previously planned.