View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 06:24 PM
GoodWifeObsessed
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdramafan (View Post)
I did like this epi more than the premiere... I had complained last year that the epis moved too fast, so I had better shut up bec I think they have slowed the pace... I generally like it.

I looked at the LA times article again ( re its a new show-sexy)..and not as bad as I thought..but it does sound like the marketing pple are off doing what they want. I do not object to more sex ( which could mean an A/P scene...HAHA!!!) but I do not think it is great if they misrep the show... a nd some pple perceive alicia as being ****ty, others smart , sexy... have to say though... her offer to meet Will in the bathroom was a bit on the edge for me...tacky and risky....

Fact that TV guide rated scene #1 was good for the show, but overall that is not what the show is, and I want it to remain true to itself... Kings implied it would..execs kept saying they wanted a broader aud and I am not sure who that is..someone said young women...but think they have those already...

I did not love alicia resp to Zach either and interesting even Peter naysayers picked up...again it shows how litttle she really thinks of him ( at least now)..

That is a pretty devasating thing to imply...

Friend of mine who is NOT a shipper at all of either couple.. she just likes JM and the show... told me she found alicia went too arbitrarily from being totally glum and sullen ( esp with Peter) to suddenly so chipper and happy ....we know why...but to me, Jodie ,that underscored how right we were that JM/Alicia really went a bit too far in her disinterest /almost dislike of Peter ...she was so unsmiling etc and that was why that reconcil did not work as a plot point.

It will be interesting when kids find out about Will.. sure they will think she should be happy but Grace knew something about Will way back when , will kids wonder why she kept Peter hanging around, or how the issue of being quiet about the sep /and Will do not really mesh..

And Diane..lets not even go there !!!
Overall, do like the new pairings.. E/K is interesting..agree it feels a bit staged,
even D/P....
I actually think I liked the pace more last year - the faster somewhat more frantic approach I guess - But then I'm a hyper gal

I'm also not so into the new Sexy Show - I think it takes away a bit from the gravitas of the show but hey that's just me hehe - and I certainly wasn't complaining about the Bathroom Scene last year - But come on they were listening to NPR so lots of substance to that particular scene

Yup I also thought the 10 minute comment was a bit over the top - That's actually how I'm seeing this whole new Sexy Show right now...

Agreed Alicia's sure morphed fast hasn't she - Maybe it's not her maybe it's her sexy twin or something / You're right such a sudden and drastic transformation does in many ways show how little she felt for Peter doesn't it - Also sort of shows how little the Kings feel about the A/P relationship - IMO at aleast

It will be interesting to see how the kids will react when they find out about Will and their Mom.- Unfortunately it will probably be in the end of season cliffhanger