Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2011, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Alicia ♥ Peter Appreciation Thread #16 - Because maybe an open door can lead to an open heart ♥

Welcome to the 16th
Alicia & Peter
Appreciation Thread

Supporter list:

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Eternal Flame
03. Brilliant Disguise
04. Emily
05. Det.Logan
06. Natasja1982
07. film_snob007
08. Caribell
09. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
10. Kiki17
11.4Florrick
12. tvdramafan
13. EndlessღLove
14. JLarah
15. Pan
16. GoodWifeObsessed
17. Kabous

Reasons why we love them:

Because they were together for 15 years
Because Peter wants everything going back to normal
Because they were happy at one time
Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
Because they were kinky
Because he still has his ring on
Because she has still her ring on
Because Alicia wants to forgive him
Because he hurt her but she can't let him go
Because she visits him in jail
Because he still can make her laugh
Because forgiveness is the supreme act of love

Previous Threads

#01 - Because they used to be happy
#02 - 'Cause he is loving her still, after all this time
#03 - Taking it one step at a time...
#04 - Because forgiveness does not change the past, but it does improve the future
#05 - Because actions speak louder than words
#06 - Because a successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person!
#07 -
Because he still remembers her Mexican t-shirt
#08 -
Because he crossed the line for her
#09 -
Because deep down they still love each other!!
- Because they are better together than apart!

#11 - More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse
#12 - Because in Spite of the Pain there is still a real Passion!
#13 - Because they still believe inthe same things

#14 - Through good times and bad times...
#15 - Because it is only with the heart that one can see rightly...

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the new thread Kiki

You rock Sweetie
Old 02-14-2011, 09:20 PM
Elite Fan

Hahaha no problem Maybe a new thread will bring us something good? *a girl can dream*

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Extreme Fan

how cute is that title!
Old 02-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirani (View Post)
how cute is that title!
Aww glad you like it Is a BIG "maybe" though

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-14-2011, 09:34 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Hahaha no problem Maybe a new thread will bring us something good? *a girl can dream*
Yup we can dream AND until then we have our adorable end scene from last week to tide us over - Peter's suddenly I'm hip comment was just too cute
Old 02-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodWifeObsessed (View Post)
Peter's suddenly I'm hip comment was just too cute
Super super cute and her response was ever better
I am sure the writers will give us at least ONE hot AP scene before crushing our dreams

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Extreme Fan

You guys are great...we killed the last thread before the epi!! and love the new title!!!

I love Owen, and wish he weren't so anti-Peter... I thought he might soften after he cheated himself, and after Peter rightfully admonished him about abandoning alicia ( he should thank Peter!)

The downward spiral thing ...last season we heard Alicia might have a breakdown, and she ended up shedding a few tears over bills, so it may be an exaggeration!!! .....
Old 02-14-2011, 09:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I thought he might soften after he cheated himself, and after Peter rightfully admonished him about abandoning alicia ( he should thank Peter!)
IKR!! Seriously you think he would have some sympathy

Quote:
so it may be an exaggeration!!! .....
yea I would not put it pass them!

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 02-14-2011, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Awwwww the title I'm on episode 5 now, I love how proud he is of her as a lawyer
Old 02-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Awesome. I can't believe there's a new thread. You've humbled me.

Two things: Owen and Kalinda. The writers are making all the characters A/W shippers and therefore the entire audience must be ?! Owen is a loveable idiot. So I can forgive him but Kalinda? She is pretty invested in Alicia cheating. My guess is that Kalinda and Peter had sex. I'm 55 % sure. Next you will have Jackie, Grace and Zach being on Team Will. Screw the man that raised us. New daddy has a sportscar!

The other thing. That scene where Alicia cries over bills. That was so annoying. Peter was the sole provider for 13 (?) Years. I'm betting dollars to donuts he didn't cry over bills or his job. And his job was way more stressful. He actually had to keep the bad guys in prison. By the looks of things he did a good job, they had a big-ass house, kids went to private school etc. I don't see Diane or Kalinda crying over bills.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:51 AM
Extreme Fan

Cher, Diane and Kalinda don't have a family of four to provide for. Diane is a name partner at what is supposed to be one of the biggest law firms in Chicago. She also comes from money. So no, they're not worrying about bills. Alicia is a first year associate and is about to lose her job. That's why she's crying. Not because she can't provide for them at present, but because she doesn't know if she can in the near future. Also, Peter was SA. The house and perks come with that. I'm guessing his salary was a lot more cushy than the one Alicia gets. And if he had not gotten sentenced to prison I don't think his job was in jeopardy. Even if he lost the election he would have just gone back to practicing law. I guess he had enough experince that people would have lined up to join him.

So the two situations are apples and oranges. That scene is meant to show us why Alicia ended up going to Eli. And even if CAry is mad at her for using her connections, and maybe he is right to, we see that Alicia was at a dead end.

As for Owen and Kalinda, they are more about telling Alicia to not bottle up her feelings and follow her heart than shipping either A/P or A/W. If Alicia was talking about how much she loved and misses her husband but could not connect with him they would have been giving her advice on how to fix that. It is about getting her to do what she wants to, but thinks she can't as opposed to her doing what she thinks she ought to. And no one is talking about adultery, it's about her admitting what she feels to herself. Even if they talk, Alicia is never going to do that.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Old 02-15-2011, 05:10 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by witgit (View Post)
Cher, Diane and Kalinda don't have a family of four to provide for. Diane is a name partner at what is supposed to be one of the biggest law firms in Chicago. She also comes from money. So no, they're not worrying about bills. Alicia is a first year associate and is about to lose her job. That's why she's crying. Not because she can't provide for them at present, but because she doesn't know if she can in the near future. Also, Peter was SA. The house and perks come with that. I'm guessing his salary was a lot more cushy than the one Alicia gets. And if he had not gotten sentenced to prison I don't think his job was in jeopardy. Even if he lost the election he would have just gone back to practicing law. I guess he had enough experince that people would have lined up to join him.

So the two situations are apples and oranges. That scene is meant to show us why Alicia ended up going to Eli. And even if CAry is mad at her for using her connections, and maybe he is right to, we see that Alicia was at a dead end.

As for Owen and Kalinda, they are more about telling Alicia to not bottle up her feelings and follow her heart than shipping either A/P or A/W. If Alicia was talking about how much she loved and misses her husband but could not connect with him they would have been giving her advice on how to fix that. It is about getting her to do what she wants to, but thinks she can't as opposed to her doing what she thinks she ought to. And no one is talking about adultery, it's about her admitting what she feels to herself. Even if they talk, Alicia is never going to do that.
Witgit I hear what you are saying. And I agree with most of what you posted. I have sympathy that Alicia has two kids to care for. All I am saying the rest of the characters don't cry over bills. Diane and Kalinda would spring into action to deal with the problem. Alicia did that after blubbering over the possibilty of losing her job. For me, I found it annoying. I couldn't sympathize with her character at that moment. But that was just me

Please correct me if I'm wrong but Kalinda did tell Alicia in no uncertain terms to have sex with Will. Alicia asked "then what?". Kalinda said "then you wake up". In my book that's adultery. I suppose we can only judge Owen next episode

My frustration just stems from the fact that everyone is in this limbo. And WHEN Alicia sleeps with Will, then what?
Old 02-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is about getting her to do what she wants to
Yup thats waht is all about, Kalinda is not an AW she just wants Alicia to follow her heart and do what makes her happy.

Quote:
Even if they talk, Alicia is never going to do that.
Do what? follow her heart? And you know what I am an AP shipper but I want Alicia to do what she wants, I want her to finally get out of her shell and really go for what she wants. Which is why is frustrating to see her not act on things, but I guess thats her character. And the theme of this seasonw as Taking Control, I have yet to see Alicia actually do this.

Quote:
Please correct me if I'm wrong but Kalinda did tell Alicia in no uncertain terms to have sex with Will. Alicia asked "then what?". Kalinda said "then you wake up". In my book that's adultery.
yup, I mean of course it would be adultery but again thats Kalinda telling her go for what you want, but is obvious thats not Alicia' style

Quote:
Diane and Kalinda would spring into action to deal with the problem. Alicia did that after blubbering over the possibilty of losing her job. For me, I found it annoying. I couldn't sympathize with her character at that moment. But that was just me
D and K are just different than Alicia, total different personalities. Alicia is the mother of two kids, D and K do not have to worry about that only about themselves. Once you have have kids to worry about the stakes are highger, you take less risk because your decison. She feels her world is crumbling down, she cannto support her family, she is angry at the man she loved for 15 years. That scene of Alicia crying was one of those times where I was so angry at Peter.

--- Alicia Florrick