Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2010, 02:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Alicia & Peter Appreciation Thread #5 - "Because actions speak louder than words"

by Eternal Flame

Welcome to the 5th
Alicia & Peter Florrick
Appreciation Thread

Supporter list:

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Eternal Flame
03. Brilliant Disguise
04. Emily
05. Det.Logan
06. Natasja1982
07. film_snob007
08. Caribell
09. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
10. Kiki17
10.4Florrick

by autumnღfairytale

Reasons why we love them:

Because they were together for 15 years
Because Peter wants everything going back to normal
Because they were happy at one time
Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
Because they were kinky
Because he still has his ring on
Because she has still her ring on
Because Alicia wants to forgive him
Because he hurt her but she can't let him go
Because she visits him in jail
Because he still can make her laugh
Because forgiveness is the supreme act of love

ღ The Kiss ღ

by Brilliant Disguise

Future Thread Titles

- Through good times and bad times...
- Because there is a part in her that wants to forgive him
- Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
- Because she still wears her wedding band
- Because they were together for more than 15 years
- Because even if they don't admit it, they miss each other!
- Because deep down they still love each other

Previous Threads

#1 - Because they used to be happy
#2 - 'Cause he is loving her still, after all this time
#3 - Taking it one step at a time...
#4 - Because forgiveness does not change the past, but it does improve the future

Quotes

Peter: I love you. I was thinking about our apartment on 81st Street. Remember? No air-conditioning. It was so hot you'd... you'd run around in that T-shirt you got from the Mexican restaurant below. All I could think was, God, you were the most beautiful woman in the world.
Alicia: Then?
Peter: No. Then and now. I don't want to lose you. I don't know what happened. I lost my way. I... I got on a power trip.
Alicia: Don't. Don't blame it on that.
Peter: I'm sorry. No, it's me. I understand. I understand. But don't give up on me. Come on, don't give up on me.

by Eternal Flame
Old 05-02-2010, 02:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!

Karen | Icon: shinebrighterxx] ღ [/SIZE]
Old 05-02-2010, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Regarding Peter: 'When do you forgive yourself?'
This is something not addressed so far, Peter is still considered too much of "bad boy" to be credible but I believe this has to be a huge part of his personal changing, forgiving yourself means also you accept you did wrong. Peter is still not completely aware of the damage he has done, it might take a breakdown (Alicia) to wake him up to his responsibilities.

Quote:
I don't think she meant to put an end to their relationship right there, even though she said "us", because right after she said "me actually thinking you can change" or something like that, so I guess she just meant that she's had enough of hearing he'll say he'll change or that he's changing or that he'll try, etc etc etc and that never happening - that's what it seemed to me at least
ITA, I believe he could not stand his behavoiur anymore (her not knowing the truth about the whole Kozlo thing helps a lot), she just need to get out counting on his inability to follow her. Clear your head and go back ready to discuss. Talking when you are angry is always a bad idea.
Quote:
Do you mean Peter said this /or chris during an interview??
Chris/Julianna said that, look for TV Guide and EW interview (I have both on my blog if you don't find them). Also the video on CBS site.

Quote:
ITA... this is the part I don't get...because it is hard to keep up a facade marriage without childs/whoever finding out. For me a big question will be , will Peter go along with this.
Baranski said it clear.
Spoiler:
So the question is not "if" but "how" (and a mild "when") and Alicia's part in that.

Quote:
But was the "it's over" actually Alicia's meltdown.???
I don't think so, I don't think she'll any breakdown before the end of the contest. I'm expecting something far more intense than the "make her stop" in Threesome.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the thread!

New thread, new chapter in Alicia and Peter's life?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Peter is still not completely aware of the damage he has done, it might take a breakdown (Alicia) to wake him up to his responsibilities.
Because he was in jail, and because now that he is out she is keeping a tight lid on herself.

Quote:
I'm expecting something far more intense than the "make her stop" in Threesome.
I sincerely hope so. Imo, it's about time. Anything less isn't really human. (I just really hope it's with him and not Kalinda. He needs to see.)
Old 05-02-2010, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Disguise (View Post)
Thanks for the thread!

New thread, new chapter in Alicia and Peter's life?
Let it not be the last (I'm trying to be optimistic...)
Old 05-02-2010, 07:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Don't say that ... I thought I was the pessimist in the group!
Old 05-02-2010, 07:36 AM
Elite Fan

I feel like I been away for so long.....hey everyone!

Quote:
Peter is still not completely aware of the damage he has done, it might take a breakdown (Alicia) to wake him up to his responsibilities.
ITA! Until he realize how deep the damage was he will continue to get the cold shoulder from Alicia. He needs take responsibility, I think what he did at the end of Boom is a good first step.

Quote:
I do not think so! I think there is somethingmuch bigger coming
Quote:
But how can Peter, without Alicia's support, even thing about running? marketing suggests that without a family to support you - even if it's a facade - voters don't trust you. Imagine if you have a divorce pending, Childs would have all the weapon to kill his campaign before it starts
ITA!! Without Alicia and the family Peter will have a very very hard time winning. The public needs to see her behind him supporting him or they wont trust him. This is one of the things I love about the show, the politicial situations.

Quote:
Regarding Peter: 'When do you forgive yourself?'
This is a good point! I wonder if Peter thinks he needs to forgive himself? I really hope the writes explore this, I would be great to see Peter deal with this

Btw, TFTNT!!! and love the title!

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 05-02-2010 at 07:44 AM
Old 05-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)

ITA! Until he realize how deep the damage was he will continue to get the cold shoulder from Alicia. He needs take responsibility, I think what he did at the end of Boom is a good first step.
I just rewatched Heart. The pastor tells Peter in the beginning of the show 'your wife won't love you, won't return to your bed until you change', and then midway through the show Alicia returns to Peter's bed. I think this sent mixed and contradictory signals to Peter, which was shown at the end of the show when she returned to her room alone after his 'it's getting late' proposition. Maybe when she returned to his bed (when the camera closes in the cross) he thought that the pastor was wrong, which led to Boom.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:55 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
Let it not be the last (I'm trying to be optimistic...)
It's not necessarily a bad thing Them talking again could be a new chapter
Old 05-02-2010, 08:24 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Florrick (View Post)
I just rewatched Heart. The pastor tells Peter in the beginning of the show 'your wife won't love you, won't return to your bed until you change', and then midway through the show Alicia returns to Peter's bed. I think this sent mixed and contradictory signals to Peter, which was shown at the end of the show when she returned to her room alone after his 'it's getting late' proposition. Maybe when she returned to his bed (when the camera closes in the cross) he thought that the pastor was wrong, which led to Boom.
Yea I believe Peter is really confuse. So she sleeps with him then never talks about it again, he most be thinking what the heck happened? I think at first he mos have thought, this religion thing is working she came back to my bed, but after she goes back to her room he again is confuse and not sure what to think. My hope is that Peter confronts her and askes her what the deal is.

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick
Old 05-02-2010, 09:22 AM
Extreme Fan

Actually, I found that whole convo with the pastor cringeworthy... not so much the actual content... basically you have to change, or your wife will not reconcile with you , but the wording which I found very chauvinistic...it just hit me the wrong way.

I wonder if Peter will ever confront /her about why she was "hot" one minute and cold the next...talk about mixed messages... and the evening she came to him, she was basically silent, even more so the next morning.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Actually, I found that whole convo with the pastor cringeworthy... not so much the actual content... basically you have to change, or your wife will not reconcile with you , but the wording which I found very chauvinistic...it just hit me the wrong way
ITA! This pastor just rubs me the wrong way! I know he's trying to help Peter but he tends to act as if it was all about Peter. Wha

Quote:
The pastor tells Peter in the beginning of the show 'your wife won't love you, won't return to your bed until you change',

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 05-02-2010, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Florrick (View Post)
I believe Pastor's words were more subtle but Peter, after a year of sex-deprivation, was not very percipient. He asked to go to her room and she said "no, here". Of course Peter looks at the cross and I had the feeling that a misleading message was sent right tru Peter's mind.
The moment Alicia will allow Peter to sleep in the master bedroom, then we'll be sure that somenthing has really changed.
Old 05-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

Quote:
she just need to get out counting on his inability to follow her. Clear your head and go back ready to discuss. Talking when you are angry is always a bad idea
Exactly, that's what I think it was

Quote:
I don't think so, not at all

Quote:
I'm expecting something far more intense than the "make her stop" in Threesome
Me too