Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-11-2010, 07:32 PM
Elite Fan

Alicia/Peter Thread #6 - Because a successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person!

by Eternal Flame

Welcome to the 5th
Alicia & Peter
Appreciation Thread

Supporter list:

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Eternal Flame
03. Brilliant Disguise
04. Emily
05. Det.Logan
06. Natasja1982
07. film_snob007
08. Caribell
09. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
10. Kiki17
11.4Florrick
12. tvdramafan
13. house_stacy
14. JLarah

Reasons why we love them:

Because they were together for 15 years
Because Peter wants everything going back to normal
Because they were happy at one time
Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
Because they were kinky
Because he still has his ring on
Because she has still her ring on
Because Alicia wants to forgive him
Because he hurt her but she can't let him go
Because she visits him in jail
Because he still can make her laugh
Because forgiveness is the supreme act of love

ღ The Kiss ღ

by Brilliant Disguise

Future Thread Titles

- Through good times and bad times...
- Because there is a part in her that wants to forgive him
- Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
- Because she still wears her wedding band
- Because they were together for more than 15 years
- Because even if they don't admit it, they miss each other!
- Because deep down they still love each other
- Because he crossed the line for her
- Because it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye
- Because love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction
- Because he still remembers her Mexican t-shirt.
- Because he still thinks she's the most beautiful woman in the world

Previous Threads

#1 - Because they used to be happy
#2 - 'Cause he is loving her still, after all this time
#3 - Taking it one step at a time...
#4 - Because forgiveness does not change the past, but it does improve the future
#5 - Because actions speak louder than words

The Phonecall

by Det.Logan

Quotes

Peter: I love you. I was thinking about our apartment on 81st Street. Remember? No air-conditioning. It was so hot you'd... you'd run around in that T-shirt you got from the Mexican restaurant below. All I could think was, God, you were the most beautiful woman in the world.
Alicia: Then?
Peter: No. Then and now. I don't want to lose you. I don't know what happened. I lost my way. I... I got on a power trip.
Alicia: Don't. Don't blame it on that.
Peter: I'm sorry. No, it's me. I understand. I understand. But don't give up on me. Come on, don't give up on me.

Peter: “What do you want from me? I said I’d never touch another woman.”
Alicia: “Do you want a prize? That seems to me the minimum pre-requisite.”
Peter:“For both of us”
Alicia: "Then trust me"

Peter: Do you love me?
Alicia: I do.
Peter: You're sounding like a lawyer.
Alicia: I am a lawyer.

Alicia: And I want to work
Peter: I want you to work

Peter: I found condoms in your bedside table. I was looking for your letter opener. I thought maybe they belonged to Zach. You know, you found them in his room. But then I thought you wouldn't take them. You'd have a sensible conversation with him about responsibility. So then, I thought they were yours. But that didn't make sense because you have an IUD.
Alicia: I had it removed.
Peter: Oh, really? So condoms do make sense?
Alicia: They do.
Peter: For who? (she snorts and empties her handbag on the bed)
Alicia: Check it, Peter.
Peter: I said I was looking for your letter opener.
Alicia: I have other drawers, too. Did you check these ones? (she opens the wardrobe)
Peter: I said that I was looking...
Alicia: How about over here? Did you check this drawer?
Peter: What is it you need to hear from me? I will never touch another woman again.
Alicia: What do you want, a prize, Peter? It seems to be the minimum prerequesite.
Peter: For both of us.

by Eternal Flame

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 07-27-2010 at 11:41 AM
Old 06-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Elite Fan

Np Es!! So glad you posted...I been dying to post something on this thread but did not want to double post

Ok sooo I just re-watched Running and I'm even more convinced that Alicia has made her decision that Peter is the one and what happened with Will was "good" but she is moving on because she is married.

Ok first, during their dinner, Alicia says "so is it always going to be this way with us," as in like even after "kiss" are we gonna be ok, that to me is her looking past the kiss and thinking that in the future her and Will are not gonna be together. Because why else would she say "is it always going to be this way" is like her saying what happened happened and she is more worried that things do not get awkward in the future. (I got the same feeling during Heart when she told him "don't end up hating me" as if we know this is not going any further but do not hate me for it not happening) and I making sense?? do people understand what I mean, does it make sense?

And then, in that same convo her phone rings and he says "Don't answer, is just life again" and she says " I know, that is why I have too." Again here is Alicia saying I have to answer this phone and come back to "reality" yes this convo we are having about "what it would have been" is great but now I have to go back to reality. She kind of says the same thing in Doubt....To me this is another indication that Alicia is thinking logically, and yes perhaps this is not the most romantic thing, but it is the more responsible thing when there are children involve and we know she is a good mother.

and you already know how I feel about the whole "plan" convo

Ok so that is my rant again about how iam convinced that Alicia will stay with Peter and will learn to love the man she loved for 15 years. (what do you think Mare )

--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Kiki17; 06-11-2010 at 11:25 PM
Old 06-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT
Old 06-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Elite Fan

TFTNT Love the title!

Quote:
Ok so that is my rant again about how iam convinced that Alicia will stay with Peter and will learn to love the man she loved for 15 years. (what do you think Mare )
I'm not Mare but I agree
I think that's where they're going if only because that's unexpected and everyone just thinks it's in the bag for Will and Alicia (if you follow the traditional love triangle cliche format in other shows) but I think Peter has a few tricks up his sleeve and the campaign is going to make her trust him again. I'm not saying it'll be easy and fast but I thiink it's the direction they're taking.

"You can just call me Root, B!tch"

Old 06-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)

Ok first, during their dinner, Alicia says "so is it always going to be this way with us," and I making sense?? do people understand what I mean, does it make sense?

it is the more responsible thing when there are children involve and we know she is a good mother.

iam convinced that Alicia will stay with Peter and will learn to love the man she loved for 15 years. (what do you think Mare )
Kiki... I do think you are probably right ...at least for the short term. It is true that in a normal show, she would just run off with Will because no one ever stays with any rlshp too long, unless you were like the elders in Dallas-LOL! However, what bothers me is that they have set it up with Will ( as I have whined before) to be in her "heart".. think the fans are really lobbying for them to be together , altho I maintain they cannot do this quickly, Peter or no Peter. I very much agree with Laila that they should have had alicia have no romance for S1, and then introduce someone else. She really does not appear to have much use for Peter... but you are more optimistic than me. And I do think she displayed anger toward Peter,esp end of S2 which is what she told her kids. She also admitted that she walked out on him... implying the "its over" was real. However that could be more anger. I just find it difficult to see her making a real try with Peter if Will is on her mind... unless of course, they start making Peter a more viable choice, and Will a poor choice ( he gets into the expensive wine too much with Giada!) I cannot see Alicia remaining with Peter unless she starts to fall in love with him again....how long can she fake being with Peter if she really is only there for obligations sake especially when she is starting to become successful on her own. Right now, even I would question why she would agree to a campaign, which would not make life easy for the family even if the marriage were not in trouble. One thing the Kings mentioned was the forgiveness angle . It could be that it will make for a more dramatic story if Alicia starts to come to terms with her anger toward Peter, and think about forgiveness ... then the marriage might have a chance.The Kings also mentioned whether or not Peter could forgive himself... Again, these forgiveness issues are rarely tackled on these types of shows, and I would like to see them examine their rlshp thru this lens.But ( are you listening , Kings?) , we need some actual interaction and convo between A/P.

An embarrassing question... I think I know what a shipper is, from the context but what is the exact definition? Also, how do you become a thread supporter... sorry, I am a techno peasant at times.

Last edited by Det.Logan; 06-13-2010 at 05:23 AM
Old 06-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm not Mare but I agree
I think that's where they're going if only because that's unexpected and everyone just thinks it's in the bag for Will and Alicia (if you follow the traditional love triangle cliche format in other shows) but I think Peter has a few tricks up his sleeve and the campaign is going to make her trust him again. I'm not saying it'll be easy and fast but I thiink it's the direction they're taking.
Exactly! Yea I agree it wont be easy and fast (we have to patience) but yes I believe it will come

Quote:
I just find it difficult to see her making a real try with Peter if Will is on her mind... unless of course, they start making Peter a more viable choice
I totally understand where you are coming from It is difficult to see how Alicia can be with Peter if Will is in her heart. I would argue that Will is only in he heart because she is angry and disappointed in Peter but once she starts to see the good in him again(which I believe she will) then she will realized that her heart has always belong to Peter I believe that Alicia will fall in love with Peter again which is why I'm so optimistic. However I can be all wrong and she will stay with Will, however I do not think they are getting rid of CN any time soon and the real value of CN is seeing him campaigning and he cannot do it with Alicia. So that is why I feel like things will change....remember when CN says "forgiveness comes in drops" that is what I believe S2 will be about. Iam sure the writers will explore forgiveness a lot in S2

Quote:
An embarrassing question... I think I know what a shipper is, from the context but what is the exact definition? Also, how do you become a thread supporter... sorry, I am a techno peasant at times.
I not 100% what "shipper" means but to me it was some who you liked or supported, not sure if it has to be a couple, I think it can be both a character and a couple.

And regarding the thread supporter, I will add you right now

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-13-2010, 04:01 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Np Es!! So glad you posted...I been dying to post something on this thread but did not want to double post

Ok sooo I just re-watched Running and I'm even more convinced that Alicia has made her decision that Peter is the one and what happened with Will was "good" but she is moving on because she is married.

Ok first, during their dinner, Alicia says "so is it always going to be this way with us," as in like even after "kiss" are we gonna be ok, that to me is her looking past the kiss and thinking that in the future her and Will are not gonna be together. Because why else would she say "is it always going to be this way" is like her saying what happened happened and she is more worried that things do not get awkward in the future. (I got the same feeling during Heart when she told him "don't end up hating me" as if we know this is not going any further but do not hate me for it not happening) and I making sense?? do people understand what I mean, does it make sense?

And then, in that same convo her phone rings and he says "Don't answer, is just life again" and she says " I know, that is why I have too." Again here is Alicia saying I have to answer this phone and come back to "reality" yes this convo we are having about "what it would have been" is great but now I have to go back to reality. She kind of says the same thing in Doubt....To me this is another indication that Alicia is thinking logically, and yes perhaps this is not the most romantic thing, but it is the more responsible thing when there are children involve and we know she is a good mother.

You might have a point here

I will keep this in the back of my mind when I rewatch it
Old 06-13-2010, 05:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdramafan (View Post)
A shipper is someone who supports a fictional romantic relationship (so it's quite different from supporting). It is related to a couple of fictional caracters.

You may like Will and Alicia to stay friend (or develop it further) so you are a supporter but not like for them a romantic involvment (so you not a shipper).
Old 06-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilliant Disguise (View Post)
You might have a point here

I will keep this in the back of my mind when I rewatch it
Ok! Let me know what you think

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-14-2010, 10:31 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
However I can be all wrong and she will stay with Will, however I do not think they are getting rid of CN any time soon and the real value of CN is seeing him campaigning and he cannot do it with Alicia. So that is why I feel like things will change....remember when CN says "forgiveness comes in drops" that is what I believe S2 will be about.
Yes. That's what I think. I believe the love triangle being so hyped by CBS is muddying the water a little too much. I think the intention was always to set up Will and Alicia as an alternative to Alicia and Peter but not necessarily to get them together. In fact it could be just what they are trying with Giada (it's ok to talk about Giada here, right? ) and Will. You know? Setting an alternative to show it's not necessarily a good alternative?

ie with Giada, that Will wants to move forward but can't because he's in love with Alicia but at the same time Alicia is looking to Will as an escape from her problems with Peter but little by little she realizes it's just an escape and that won't solve anything and she is going to have to fix things with Peter before she makes any life changing decision.

Am I making any sense? I slept 3 hours last night and reading my post again, I'm not sure I understand what I'm saying myself

Old 06-14-2010, 10:49 AM
Extreme Fan

I hear what you are saying...... they set up this thing with Will... but I think they are trying / and have started to show that Will is a bit of a player... this is not to say he does not love alicia, but it is clear he idealizes her. They make the point that he has never been married and has had a series of relshps... when he said to alicia ...'we have options"... to me that signalled affair, or that he did not think through what he meant, or he would not have been so casual about it . so I do think it muddies the water... as it is early in the game to tie things up.
It is pretty clear the Giada thing will not last , but they also make it clear that Will is certainly tempted by her, so where does that put alicia. Maybe Giada will connect with cary! And after alicia's treatment by Peter, she was probably looking for a way out. but I think for now she sees she is somewhat entrenched... but I do wish they would not hype the triangle so much... they can only drag it on for so long...although i know others love it.
Old 06-14-2010, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
It is pretty clear the Giada thing will not last , but they also make it clear that Will is certainly tempted by her, so where does that put alicia.
That's the whole point of the relationship with Giada, methinks... to put Will in a position to reexamine his feelings for Alicia and wonder if it's worth it.

Quote:
Maybe Giada will connect with cary!
oh just what we need... more triangles

Quote:
but I do wish they would not hype the triangle so much... they can only drag it on for so long...although i know others love it
I don't think they'll love it so much when it doesn't get the quick resolution they are hoping for. And that's also why I wish CBS would shut up about it already. Hyping it up, they risk getting a lot of disappointment when things don't turn out the way people are expecting.

Although from the ratings of every episode they promoted on the love triangle alone, I don't think the audience at large care that much one way or another. Maybe some of the hardcore fans do but it doesn't seem to generate a lot of enthusiasm in other viewers.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think the intention was always to set up Will and Alicia as an alternative to Alicia and Peter but not necessarily to get them together
Exactly that is what I get from the whole thing. But you are right they have hyped it up to much and I can see a lot of people being disappointed. Unless they show Peter in a better light at least.

Quote:
ie with Giada, that Will wants to move forward but can't because he's in love with Alicia but at the same time Alicia is looking to Will as an escape from her problems with Peter but little by little she realizes it's just an escape and that won't solve anything and she is going to have to fix things with Peter before she makes any life changing decision.
Amen to that! You cannot move forward until you fix the problems right in front of you

Quote:
it is pretty clear the Giada thing will not last , but they also make it clear that Will is certainly tempted by her, so where does that put alicia.
Yea. I also do not think the relationship with Giada is gonna last long (unfortunately cause I like her as an actor ). But at least it can bring Alicia to learn a little more about Will. Will is not a shining knight that is better than Peter, he is just as shady and has not had the chance to hurt Alicia yet. But I am sure he is capable of it.

Quote:
Maybe Giada will connect with cary!
wow thats a thought! hehe

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 06-14-2010, 05:29 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Hyping it up, they risk getting a lot of disappointment when things don't turn out the way people are expecting.
Although from the ratings of every episode they promoted on the love triangle alone, I don't think the audience at large care that much one way or another. Maybe some of the hardcore fans do but it doesn't seem to generate a lot of enthusiasm in other viewers.
ITA... that's what I mean... I think it does set up expectations. and that is why they probably felt they had to do the stupid cliffhanger. I suspect most pple will not stop watching the show if the triangle "goes away"...there is a lot of other stuff to chew on, and frankly between the cases, and all the other characters, they cannot devote that much time to it. Most of my friends love the show, but are definitely not hardcore, and they are not worked up about A/W, A/P etc. they enjoy the show as a whole/ I think this show is new, and probably the promo dept does not know what to do with it, and treats it like most other dramas. I do not think they give the fans enough credit.

Last edited by Det.Logan; 06-15-2010 at 05:58 AM