Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2010, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Alicia ♥ Peter Appreciation Thread #10 - ♥ Because they are better together than apart! ♥

by Eternal Flame

Welcome to the 10th
Alicia & Peter
Appreciation Thread

Supporter list:

01. autumnღfairytale
02. Eternal Flame
03. Brilliant Disguise
04. Emily
05. Det.Logan
06. Natasja1982
07. film_snob007
08. Caribell
09. ~♥~CrazyInLove~♥~
10. Kiki17
11.4Florrick
12. tvdramafan
13. house_stacy
14. JLarah
15. Pan
16.GoodWifeObsessed
17.Kabous

Reasons why we love them:

Because they were together for 15 years
Because Peter wants everything going back to normal
Because they were happy at one time
Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
Because they were kinky
Because he still has his ring on
Because she has still her ring on
Because Alicia wants to forgive him
Because he hurt her but she can't let him go
Because she visits him in jail
Because he still can make her laugh
Because forgiveness is the supreme act of love

ღ The Kiss ღ

by Brilliant Disguise

Future Thread Titles

- Through good times and bad times...
- Because there is a part in her that wants to forgive him
- Because they weren't so bad for an old married couple
- Because she still wears her wedding band
- Because they were together for more than 15 years
- Because even if they don't admit it, they miss each other!
- Because deep down they still love each other
- They are better together than apart
- Because they believe in the same thing
- Because it is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye
- Because love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction
- Because he still thinks she's the most beautiful woman in the world

Previous Threads

#1 - Because they used to be happy
#2 - 'Cause he is loving her still, after all this time
#3 - Taking it one step at a time...
#4 - Because forgiveness does not change the past, but it does improve the future
#5 - Because actions speak louder than words
#6 - Because a successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person!
#7 -
Because he still remembers her Mexican t-shirt
#8 -
Because he crossed the line for her

The Phonecall

by Det.Logan

Quotes

Peter: I love you. I was thinking about our apartment on 81st Street. Remember? No air-conditioning. It was so hot you'd... you'd run around in that T-shirt you got from the Mexican restaurant below. All I could think was, God, you were the most beautiful woman in the world.
Alicia: Then?
Peter: No. Then and now. I don't want to lose you. I don't know what happened. I lost my way. I... I got on a power trip.
Alicia: Don't. Don't blame it on that.
Peter: I'm sorry. No, it's me. I understand. I understand. But don't give up on me. Come on, don't give up on me.

Peter: “What do you want from me? I said I’d never touch another woman.”
Alicia: “Do you want a prize? That seems to me the minimum pre-requisite.”
Peter:“For both of us”
Alicia: "Then trust me"

Peter: Do you love me?
Alicia: I do.
Peter: You're sounding like a lawyer.
Alicia: I am a lawyer.

Alicia: And I want to work
Peter: I want you to work

Peter: I found condoms in your bedside table. I was looking for your letter opener. I thought maybe they belonged to Zach. You know, you found them in his room. But then I thought you wouldn't take them. You'd have a sensible conversation with him about responsibility. So then, I thought they were yours. But that didn't make sense because you have an IUD.
Alicia: I had it removed.
Peter: Oh, really? So condoms do make sense?
Alicia: They do.
Peter: For who? (she snorts and empties her handbag on the bed)
Alicia: Check it, Peter.
Peter: I said I was looking for your letter opener.
Alicia: I have other drawers, too. Did you check these ones? (she opens the wardrobe)
Peter: I said that I was looking...
Alicia: How about over here? Did you check this drawer?
Peter: What is it you need to hear from me? I will never touch another woman again.
Alicia: What do you want, a prize, Peter? It seems to be the minimum prerequesite.
Peter: For both of us.

by Eternal Flame

"I want a happy life. And I want to control my own fate."
--- Alicia Florrick

Last edited by Det.Logan; 10-23-2010 at 08:39 AM
Old 10-23-2010, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT

We need a new art
I can't believe we have reached our 10th thread...
Old 10-23-2010, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Yes IKR!! I cannot believe it either! I was gonna ask, I added that new picture but is kind of big? does it look ok?

We need to have a celebration

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-23-2010, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It looks very good

I resized it to fit the 800x600 policy.
Old 10-23-2010, 08:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
I resized it to fit the 800x600 policy.
Thank you! I knew it was too big but I had no idea how to resized it
Glad you like it

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Beautiful pic. I'm in the middle of exams. Only watched the latest ep a few hours ago.

I've been really thinking about the whole hooker thing. And I think here is the best place to get different points of view about it. I read (somewhere) that men and women don't cheat because of sex. They cheat because something is lacking in their relationships. And I honestly don't think there is a 100 % guilty person and a completely innocent person. After all, it takes two to tango. So what was wrong in their relationship for Peter to stray like that. And I'm not blaming Alicia. Peter did wrong. But was it boredom, curiousity, just to see if he could get away with it?
Old 10-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I'm in the middle of exams. Only watched the latest ep a few hours ago.
Good luck whenever you finish come here for we can gush over A/P

Quote:
And I honestly don't think there is a 100 % guilty person and a completely innocent person. After all, it takes two to tango. So what was wrong in their relationship for Peter to stray like that. And I'm not blaming Alicia. Peter did wrong. But was it boredom, curiousity, just to see if he could get away with it?
Totally agree I am not saying is 50/50 in A/P case however is not like Peter is 100 guilty either. I think we have discussed it before, this idea of what was Alicia effect on Peter's behavior. Of course there are any good excuse why a husband should cheat however sometimes you have to also look at yourself and kind of think what part did I have in this. JM said that in an interview that we will see Alicia kind of think to herself how much did I contribute to what Peter did. I kind of hope the writers explore this something, I am not saying show a justification for what Peter did but perhaps something that shows why he might have done it.

Its just an interesting dynamic what happens to a couple when one of them cheats. I think it is essential to keep analyze why Alicia has still stuck around.

--- Alicia Florrick
Old 10-23-2010, 05:16 PM
Supreme Fan

for the 10th thread!

Quote:
I read (somewhere) that men and women don't cheat because of sex. They cheat because something is lacking in their relationships.
uh oh... women's mag pop psychology alert!
It's the oldes trick in the book to blame the other side. Men and women cheat for many different reasons, rarely because of sex. But those reasons are not necessarily linked to their partners. Most of the time it's about themselves. For Peter I think it was about testing the boundaries... it's such a cliche in politics, it's not even funny anymore. There's a new "scandal" every month!

Welcome to the thread btw
Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiki17 (View Post)
Thank you! I knew it was too big but I had no idea how to resized it
Glad you like it

Yaye a new A/P thread - lovely lovely

Thanks so much for adding that new photo Kiki - It's just beautiful isn't it!!

Alicia and Peter looked so incredible at the GALA - I keep trying to come up with what it was that they reminded me of in the scene!!

Peter looks like this Unbelievably Handsome Roman Patrician and Alicia is his Roman Goddess wife
(Venus)
-

Last edited by GoodWifeObsessed; 10-23-2010 at 05:46 PM
Old 10-23-2010, 05:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
I read (somewhere) that men and women don't cheat because of sex. They cheat because something is lacking in their relationships.
It's a very complex subject and it was not really fully analyzed the reason(s) behing Peter's behaviour. Beside the obvious power-play with Amber (and the lack of any feeling of love or need for sex), we don't know basically nothing about A/P's past to make a final verdict but it doesn't seem to be the case where the partner has a big part in the miscunduct. I'm not ruling it out and I'm not even sure we'll have anything more that what we have about the scandal and how good was their marriage at the time.
The reasons that lead people to betray the partner are numerous, among these there is of course the end of love, the boredom of family routine and mere human selfishness.
Maybe tomorrow I'll be back on this subject since now it's 2:30AM
Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Det.Logan (View Post)
It's a very complex subject and it was not really fully analyzed the reason(s) behing Peter's behaviour. Beside the obvious power-play with Amber (and the lack of any feeling of love or need for sex), we don't know basically nothing about A/P's past to make a final verdict but it doesn't seem to be the case where the partner has a big part in the miscunduct. I'm not ruling it out and I'm not even sure we'll have anything more that what we have about the scandal and how good was their marriage at the time.
The reasons that lead people to betray the partner are numerous, among these there is of course the end of love, the boredom of family routine and mere human selfishness.
So well said Laila

I agree 100 per cent - Such a complex subject and issue and it would so interesting if they at least touched on the subject. What led to the infedility etc etc.?

But I also think you maybe right and we may have already seen all the are going to give us on the subject.

It wasn't enough but I guess we can HOPE for a small bit more.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I was wondering how come you were here so late. Maybe it's cuz the night mod isn't here

Whatever led to Peter sleeping with Amber (I can't even call it infidelity because he didn't have a mistress, he paid for sex with a hooker), I doubt it has anything to do with Alicia. It was all about his own issues. He's human. The end result is that he hurt her but I don't think he was factoring her in when he slept with Amber. He was dealing with his own things.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
51426113Whatever led to Peter sleeping with Amber (I can't even call it infidelity because he didn't have a mistress, he paid for sex with a hooker), I doubt it has anything to do with Alicia. It was all about his own issues. He's human. The end result is that he hurt her but I don't think he was factoring her in when he slept with Amber. He was dealing with his own
Think we discussed a lot in earlier threads, but in Peters case, I think it was multiple factors, ..think he was thinking of himself, don't think it had to do with Alicia either.there is this real issue of entitlment amongst politicans/famous.

But Alicia being alicia, probably wondered how did I miss this... don't think she blames herself per se, but probably thinks she could have picked up on something she didn't. Funny how you don't think it is infidelity... I think it is , but not as bad as a mistress who gets pregnant... this topic was covered in dozens of posts, but amazing how pple are at polar extemes on it. I am one who believes in second chances...esp if love is still there.

I also think that one of the reasons she was so angry last season, is that she felt angry at herself , for not being aware... which she took out on Peter , deservedly.
Old 10-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Funny how you don't think it is infidelity... I think it is , but not as bad as a mistress who gets pregnant
I don't excuse it but for me infidelity is having a connection with someone else. Paying for sex is a betrayal but not infidelity in my book. It's just semantics I guess
Old 10-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I used to call it adultery, because he was having sex with someone other than his spouse and this word is related overtly to marriage.
Infidelity and betrayal have a broader sense, it may refer to religion or friendship too.

Quote:
But Alicia being alicia, probably wondered how did I miss this... don't think she blames herself per se, but probably thinks she could have picked up on something she didn't.
It's not just Alicia, there are patterns of behaviour in these cases and she is fitting some of them very well (anxiety, poor self-esteem, depression, humiliation, guilt, and a sense that somehow “it was their fault” or they “deserved it”). She decided to stay for now, she could have left. After more than one year and a half, she seems back on track, work helps but of course the relationship with Peter is still to be fully analized and this is what is missing here.