Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2004, 05:46 PM
Master Fan

Well, I don't mind saying that last night's episode did depress me. It was well-written like usual, but it lacked that certain excitement that used to be in all of E/M scenes. My favorite couples never get together and stay together. Ephram/Amy? Boring as anything more than friends.
Old 04-20-2004, 10:06 PM
New Fan

Hey all,

Yes I know, long time no see right? In case some of you noticed, I spazzed out for about the past two weeks and didn't post. Couldn't bring myself to after LL. Ugh, the pain.

Actually, that is only part of it, have way to much crap to finish now that semester's closing. I'm actually supposed to be studying physics right now [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. I don't care.

You guys have certainly been busy while I ducked out. Love the new thread title, and really love our loyalty as a shipping group. JB will never be finished.

Now, to be the first to answer Nadia's questions.

Question 1: What is your favorite scene?

Damn this is hard. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] My most absolute favorite scene is when Ephram tells Madison how he feels about her in front of his house. Mainly b/c that was the point that I fell in love with the ship.

Close seconds: The Point, Porch Swing Scene, First Breakup, Second Breakup, Library, Driving Lessons, etc, etc, etc. Yes, I know I listed just about every JB scene there is [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]!

Question 2: What is your favorite one-liner?
Damn, another hard one. Can we count run ons? I will have to go with the classic one from LL. Ephram's and Madison's "Lets face it, we were never really friends, we were just [/b]in love[/b]." More for the acting than the writing.

Question 3: What is your most touching moment?
Breakups Part I and II. Part I because we never found out what that gorram present was, and that you could feel their hearts breaking (again TOPNOTCH acting). There was an underlying elegance in how they handled it. How they didn't even have to finish their sentences because the other just got it.

Part II because of the painstakingly beautiful way it was handled. That was reflective of the typical first love, not neccesarily the first relationship you had but the first meaningful relationship you had. Had me crying like a baby. I still think that Madison would have taken him back in a heartbeat. But, strangely enough, I didn't want her to take him back just then because like our board's very own Yoda said, they are at different places in their lives.

Question 4: What is your funniest moment?
Car moment. Loved it, loved it, loved it. This was really the first time you saw the first indications of flirty banter between the two characters. Just funny all around.

Question 5: What moment made you think, "wtf?"
The "L" Word's Bar Scene. Just made no sense whatsoever why TPTB took that route. Unnecessary and really just made me cringe. Hate Drunk Ephram. Sober Ephram, now that is an entirely different story. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Must get back to my studies.

Love you all,
Teresa

[ 04-20-2004: Message edited sleepymd ]

Jailbait #30
Old 04-21-2004, 07:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hey Teresa... welcome back. We missed you.

I want to answer my owns questions. LOL! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The scene in "No Sure Thing" where Madison revealed to Ephram about her first time. It was such an intimate moment between the two and it was done so tastefully and believably. And Ephram's response to it was so *thud* Beautiful...

Delia: I still like Mandy Moore the best
Ephram & Madison: NO!

LOL! Ok, so it's more like one-word, but it was still funny how both of them said that in unison. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Hehehe

In "Unhappy Holidays," Madison is in the kitchen with the Browns when Delia asked her what she's grateful for... she's about to cry and she burns her hand as Ephram tries to help. They pause, look at each other, and Madison mouths softly "I can't" and leaves the house. See why I LOVE this relationship?

Beginning of "Family Dynamics" when JB are on the couch attempting to watch a movie... "So, when you said do you want to come over and watch a movie, you meant, do you want to come over and make out." They are so adorably sexy cute. LOL!

I agree with Teresa's choice... the Bar Club scene was completely unnecessary and irksome. It was like, we didn't have to see that to know what's going to happen.

Nadia

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited Nautica7mk ]
Old 04-21-2004, 07:56 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nautica7mk:
<STRONG>
*shakes head* Too late, I've known for weeks. It takes a lot of work not to say anything. LOL!

So...

I figured if you all answer my JB questions, we'd make it to the third page by days' end... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Note: This is all Jailbait related, so think of these questions in relation to Ephram and Madison...

I've got more... but I'm saving em for later... I want to see what people say. LOL! Come on, you know you want to play. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nadia</STRONG>
ITA, about it being hard not to say anything...It's gonna be so good! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] OK, one to the questions (I love this stuff!):

1. My favorite scene would have to be the DMV kiss. So much had changed between them since the episode before, where they were pretty much annoyed with each other. I didn't think that anything would have come out of something that Ephram claimed was an accident (I thought it was too!)...it was so spontaneous (their relationship in a nutshell) and lit the fire to something really special. Their hug is also my favorite part of that scene...don't think they've done much hugging since then [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

2. Anything said during their pre-relationship bantering days...Classic!

3. The breakup-part deux. First time I've ever cried watching Everwood. I thought it was cute that Madison wanted to "kickstart the friendship", because it let us know that she doesn't want him out of her life completely. Good stuff.

4. From the same scene as above actually...the very beginning. I found it so cool that they could be laughing after everything that happened throughout the episode. I mean, he accused her of moving on to Jay right after they broke up! Her greeting expressed forgiveness...water under the bridge and all that. That whole exchange cracked me up, which is probably why what came after made me so sad.

5. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I seriously thought "WTF?" after the breakup-part one. I was surprised that Madison was telling him all her feelings (pretty much said that she loved him too!)...then she gave back the gift and left...I remember asking my roommate, "What the hell just happened?" I couldn't understand how people who wanted to be together as much as they did could break up. Using compliments.

Teresa! We missed you, yo! I hope you don't leave us for so long again. Good luck with your physics [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 04-21-2004: Message edited MissCongeniality ]
Old 04-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Dedicated Fan

OMG! What is wrong with them???? I'm trying to heal my Jailbait heart here and they give me... *tearing up*

I can't believe they're doing this to us...

Gorgeous Poster #1

Gorgeous Poster #2

They are cruel... very very cruel to give us such cool beautiful, I can't even say it... I need to go and have myself a good cry before I loose it.

Nadia *I'm not strong... I pretend to be, but I'm not.*
Old 04-21-2004, 03:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

OMG! Nadia, those ARE gorgeous! I love the second one (they look hot in both of them!)...I could do without Treat being in them, but he looks good too. It definitely is torturesome for the WB to give us such great posters. Are they trying to rub it in?

I think I'm going to use 'em as my background [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] The pictures look like something out of a dream. Maybe it's the way Ephram sees them in his dreams...or maybe even Madison's dreams.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:41 PM
Dedicated Fan

I want to buy em, is there any chance we can purchase them? The WB site, perhaps. I hope they don't put it up on E-bay... there are far more people out there with more money than I do. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Have I mentioned I WANT THOSE posters?

If I would to choose a third person in that poster with em, I couldn't have selected a better character... looking back, Andy was a big part of Jailbait, so it makes sense to have him there.

Nadia
Old 04-21-2004, 03:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

Andy was definitely a big part of Jailbait...it would have been cool though for the second pic if Amy was in the foreground [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]...That's like a Jailbaiter's dream though, right?
I'm thinking that they would be available at the shop at thewb.com, if not E-bay would definitely be a good place to check. Where did you find those pics?
Old 04-21-2004, 03:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nah, I wouldn't have wanted Amy in there... it would've implied a triangle of some sort, and with them, it was nice that it was just the two of them. Il ike that they rise and fall, and one day will rise again. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I remain to be an optimist.

Quote:
Originally posted by MissCongeniality:
<STRONG>Where did you find those pics?</STRONG>
Fraz posted them at Fanbolt.

Nadia
Old 04-21-2004, 04:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

OK, cool. I'm glad that Everwood didn't work the triangle storyline, because it would have gotten old real fast. I'd rather the poster have just Ephram and Madison in it anyway.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Those posters are so freaking GORGEOUS. Goddamn the WB! They seriously just want to torture us! Thanks for posting them.
Old 04-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Yeah, definitely torture. How do they expect me to heal if they just keep showing promos of those two together. Ugh!

Nadia

[ 04-22-2004: Message edited Nautica7mk ]
Old 04-22-2004, 10:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Have you guys swung by the debate thread yet? I'm the only E/M fan over there...The Greenies are putting up quite an argument in their favor...
Old 04-22-2004, 11:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MissCongeniality:
<STRONG>Have you guys swung by the debate thread yet? I'm the only E/M fan over there...The Greenies are putting up quite an argument in their favor...</STRONG>
I try to avoid long-term polls because making a decision based on 'now' rather than what they'll become furthermore makes the whole 'choosing' a little premature... *tosses away logic* Sure, I'll join ya. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Nadia
Old 04-22-2004, 01:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thanks Nadia, you're the best. I just hope this debate doesn't get heated...we've been doing really well without fighting.*knock on wood* Monday's not so far away now [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]