Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apt (View Post)
That's a nice little drive.

Duluth, Minnesota, sits right on Lake Superior. Duluth is a gorgeous city. It's only 2 hours from the Twin Cities so it's always fun to take a road trip to Duluth for the scenic beauty, playing around in one of the Great Lakes.
It's a really nice drive because once you get out of Houston there's hardly any traffic, so I just put on the cruise control and ply my music and enjoy the drive. Duluth sounds really nice.

Quote:
We're getting Italian take out this evening. I am looking forward to it.
I hope that it was good! We had leftover from last night for lunch.

Quote:
My nieces won their game 1-0. It was so hot during the game my t-shirt was soaked. I ended up sitting with the parents of the team. It just kind of happened that way. We were walking and bumped into my brother-in-law who guided us to our seats. I typically sit away from the parents. It was okay today though. The heat was the only problem. Both my nieces have colds/sore throats at the moment. My sister is sick too. I always worry about Sara, especially, because her asthma acts up when she gets a cold. She's going to the pediatrician tomorrow just to make sure her asthma is under control. She needed her inhaler more than once yesterday and today after the game too. So it's a good idea just to make sure things are okay. I bet half the high school has some sort of infection right now, lol. That always happens when school starts up again.
That's awesome that they won the game but I'm sorry that it was so hot. It's hot here, but that's normal here, but hot up by you isn't normal this time of year, correct?

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-24-2017, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
It's a really nice drive because once you get out of Houston there's hardly any traffic, so I just put on the cruise control and ply my music and enjoy the drive. Duluth sounds really nice.
Cruise control, playing music, enjoying the ride, sounds good to me. What kind of music do you play?

Quote:
I hope that it was good! We had leftover from last night for lunch.
It was definitely good. Delicious in fact.

Quote:
That's awesome that they won the game but I'm sorry that it was so hot. It's hot here, but that's normal here, but hot up by you isn't normal this time of year, correct?
Correct. It is not the norm to have this much heat and humidty in late September. By now we are typically 50/60 Degrees F with little or no humidity. It's practically unheard of to have the heat and humidity we've had the past three days in late September. For example, it is known to snow in October in Minnesota so that tells you how rare this extreme heat and humidity is right now.

My sister took Sara to the pediatrician this morning and it was just as I suspected... her asthma is really bad right now. Her chest was tight. The pediatrician this morning could "hear" Sara and knew what was wrong before even confirming it with an exam/stethoscope. She doesn't have an infection in the bronchial tubes or lungs. What she has is an upper respiratory virus that is setting off her asthma, irritating her bronchial tubes. Her chest is tight and breathing is not easy. She is on a new, more powerful oral steroid inhaler twice a day right now to help while she continues to battle the infection. It's unreal Sara lasted all weekend AND played a soccer game yesterday in 90 degree F weather, 70 plus percent humidity! I don't know how she did it. She said she has never felt this off with her asthma before. It's scary but thankfully under control now. She basically has infection induced asthma. Asthma sometimes reacting to allergies but as a rule it only gets really bad with an upper respiratory infection and that's what's happening now. She said she feels so much better after just two breathing treatments with the new steroid/inhaler so I'm relieved.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Cruise control, playing music, enjoying the ride, sounds good to me. What kind of music do you play?
My musical taste is pretty eclectic. I like everything from Classic Rock, (The Beatles, the Rolling Stones and The Doors) to John Denver and James Taylor, but I also like the music of my parents' generation, like Frank Sinatra (the early years before he ruined his voice with cigarettes and booze) Nat King Cole, Doris Day, and Judy Garland.

Quote:
It was definitely good. Delicious in fact.
That's great!

Quote:
Correct. It is not the norm to have this much heat and humidty in late September. By now we are typically 50/60 Degrees F with little or no humidity. It's practically unheard of to have the heat and humidity we've had the past three days in late September. For example, it is known to snow in October in Minnesota so that tells you how rare this extreme heat and humidity is right now.

My sister took Sara to the pediatrician this morning and it was just as I suspected... her asthma is really bad right now. Her chest was tight. The pediatrician this morning could "hear" Sara and knew what was wrong before even confirming it with an exam/stethoscope. She doesn't have an infection in the bronchial tubes or lungs. What she has is an upper respiratory virus that is setting off her asthma, irritating her bronchial tubes. Her chest is tight and breathing is not easy. She is on a new, more powerful oral steroid inhaler twice a day right now to help while she continues to battle the infection. It's unreal Sara lasted all weekend AND played a soccer game yesterday in 90 degree F weather, 70 plus percent humidity! I don't know how she did it. She said she has never felt this off with her asthma before. It's scary but thankfully under control now. She basically has infection induced asthma. Asthma sometimes reacting to allergies but as a rule it only gets really bad with an upper respiratory infection and that's what's happening now. She said she feels so much better after just two breathing treatments with the new steroid/inhaler so I'm relieved.
I'm so sorry that Sara is having so many problems with her asthma and I hope that it clears up soon.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 09-25-2017, 03:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry D (View Post)
My musical taste is pretty eclectic. I like everything from Classic Rock, (The Beatles, the Rolling Stones and The Doors) to John Denver and James Taylor, but I also like the music of my parents' generation, like Frank Sinatra (the early years before he ruined his voice with cigarettes and booze) Nat King Cole, Doris Day, and Judy Garland.

That's great!

I'm so sorry that Sara is having so many problems with her asthma and I hope that it clears up soon.
My music taste is a lot like yours. I love all kinds of music. I listen to Buddy Holly on the way to work and will listen to the Ramones on the way home, lol. I love many genres of music.

Thanks. She's doing a lot better. She's strong and I know she inherits her strength from our side of the family.

I know you go back to work today so have a great day/week.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:53 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Good thinking. We are sensitive enough to foods, the last thing you want is to get some sort of flare up while in a foreign country due to foods you've never eaten before.
Exactly!!!

Quote:
My face is red with irritation due to the sun. That shows you how intensely hot it was. Sitting outside for 2 hours caused my face to feel irritated and red. Horrible. Today is not as hot but we're still expecting warmer temperatures. I want it to go away. Hope your weather in France is the way you want it to be.
The weather here is fairly OK, but it's cloudy and dark and I do not like weather like that.

How are you feeling today?
Old 09-25-2017, 09:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Ugh. With travel and not too many hours of sleep tomorrow will be rough.
It is rough. We arrived at the hotel around 1:15 am. We have slept like 4 hours and we are quite tired .

Quote:
Oh yes, we are different in this way. I cannot stand feeling out of control not in charge of my transportation. I don't even like going in friends cars, lol. I prefer driving if I can help it.
I understand the control need. I have this sometimes as well. Just not with driving because I suck at it .

Quote:
I can't stand it either. I can get through an hour and a half flight (which is approximately what it is from Minnesota to Ohio) but a 3 hour flight to California is tough, let alone Europe being 7/8/9 hours.
Definitely .

Quote:
I'm with you. Hope today goes by really quickly for you.
It went OK. No issues. Let's hope the same on the other way around.

Quote:
Music is everything so glad you have it.
I am always prepared when it comes to music .
Old 09-25-2017, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretk (View Post)
Exactly!!!

The weather here is fairly OK, but it's cloudy and dark and I do not like weather like that.

How are you feeling today?
Glad the weather is cooperating.

I feel okay. Outside of having four teeth that need crowns (and two of them really bothering me) I'm good to go, lol. I have an appointment not for another three weeks but that's okay. Due to insurance change I'm going to a dental clinic right at my work on campus. It's the best situation because I even receive a discount as an employee on crowns. I never knew this until recently, lol. So I'll gladly wait and then get them taken care of.

But yes, heat is now gone thankfully. It's 60 Degrees F, very low humidity and cloudy... my favorite kind of weather.

How are you feeling? How was the flight? Are you tired?
Old 09-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
It is rough. We arrived at the hotel around 1:15 am. We have slept like 4 hours and we are quite tired .
Oh man, that's worse than predicted. Awful! Was the flight smooth? What time did you finally get to sleep and how was work today? What are you up to tonight? I just realized I asked similar questions in the last post so you don't need to respond twice and waste your time. Just respond here.

Quote:
I understand the control need. I have this sometimes as well. Just not with driving because I suck at it .

Quote:
Definitely .

It went OK. No issues. Let's hope the same on the other way around.
Hope so. What time are your return flights?

Quote:
I am always prepared when it comes to music .
Good!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

So, I am home sick cause I caught an awful bug. I have actually been doing some research for a writing project and boy is there wealth of information out there with google these days.
Old 09-25-2017, 01:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
So, I am home sick cause I caught an awful bug. I have actually been doing some research for a writing project and boy is there wealth of information out there with google these days.
Awe poor you. So many teachers and students are sick right now. It happens like clockwork at this time of the year when everyone is under the same roof. What kind of bug? Great that you are able to use your time wisely researching while you're sick.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:50 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Glad the weather is cooperating.

I feel okay. Outside of having four teeth that need crowns (and two of them really bothering me) I'm good to go, lol. I have an appointment not for another three weeks but that's okay. Due to insurance change I'm going to a dental clinic right at my work on campus. It's the best situation because I even receive a discount as an employee on crowns. I never knew this until recently, lol. So I'll gladly wait and then get them taken care of.
If there is no serious pain you could wait . Do you think that the headache might be also related to the teeth issues?

Quote:
But yes, heat is now gone thankfully. It's 60 Degrees F, very low humidity and cloudy... my favorite kind of weather.
So good weather for you!
Old 09-25-2017, 10:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh man, that's worse than predicted. Awful! Was the flight smooth? What time did you finally get to sleep and how was work today? What are you up to tonight? I just realized I asked similar questions in the last post so you don't need to respond twice and waste your time. Just respond here.
Yeah it was worse than what I expected . The flight was smooth for the most part. There was slight turbulence at some point, but nothing major. The landing however sucked in the first flight. Not smooth at all. The second flight it was far better.

Work was OK, but the first day was expected to be OK. The interesting part begins on Wednesday and Thursday. We were really tired. Like really. Luckily there is restaurant in the hotel so we did not go far to eat and I managed to go to bed by 10 pm.

Quote:
Hope so. What time are your return flights?
We have flight early morning (like 6 am) on Saturday.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
If there is no serious pain you could wait . Do you think that the headache might be also related to the teeth issues?
Thankfully, I don't think so. When I had that tooth infection several months ago the pain was in the jaw. I can tell what that kind of pain is like. That headache this weekend was the typical nerve pain stuff and regular neck/head spine stuff as well. Exactly, there's no serious pain. Plus, let's say one of the teeth goes downhill between now and three weeks... the clinic has emergency appointments as well. You just call in the morning and they'll get you in and focus in on the problem area. I hope nothing urgent happens before then because I rather have them take full pictures and really diagnose what is going on before any sort of treatment. But it's nice to know I can get in for something urgent, nevertheless.

Quote:
So good weather for you!
Yes!
Old 09-25-2017, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Yeah it was worse than what I expected . The flight was smooth for the most part. There was slight turbulence at some point, but nothing major. The landing however sucked in the first flight. Not smooth at all. The second flight it was far better.
I'm glad minus the slight turbulence and first flight landing. Pilots cannot control turbulence but I have noticed some pilots are just more jerky in the air than others. For example, I bet the pilot on the first flight was just a bit rough in his approach and another pilot would have a landing that was way more smooth.

Quote:
Work was OK, but the first day was expected to be OK. The interesting part begins on Wednesday and Thursday. We were really tired. Like really. Luckily there is restaurant in the hotel so we did not go far to eat and I managed to go to bed by 10 pm.
Glad there's a restaurant in the hotel and you got to bed early! How far is the business from where your hotel is?

Btw, I am on Europe time right now because it's almost 1:30 AM and I'm wide awake and haven't gone to sleep yet.

Quote:
We have flight early morning (like 6 am) on Saturday.
Oh that's good! Your weekend won't be totally blown and you won't be stumbling into work tired next Monday morning. That's awesome. What time approximately will you get home Saturday?
Old 09-26-2017, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Awe poor you. So many teachers and students are sick right now. It happens like clockwork at this time of the year when everyone is under the same roof. What kind of bug? Great that you are able to use your time wisely researching while you're sick.
It's just a cold but it's a pain cause it's mostly in my head and throat.