Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just not understanding why these two are popular. I guess as speedy said, they always will be. speedy, when did you view the show and Chris, when did you view it?
Old 12-07-2014, 09:32 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuVe2LoVe (View Post)
I'm just not understanding why these two are popular. I guess as speedy said, they always will be. speedy, when did you view the show and Chris, when did you view it?
I watched the show from season two to the final episode when the show when it aired on the WB at 8pm on Wenesday nights. I was in 7th grade when the second aired and in my jounior year of high school when the show ended. I missed season one, and didn't see it until TBS began running DC in the morning when DC was in its last and final season. I have rewatched clips and episodes on YouTube when I missed the show and feel like watching it.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
I watched the show from season two to the final episode when the show when it aired on the WB at 8pm on Wenesday nights. I was in 7th grade when the second aired and in my jounior year of high school when the show ended. I missed season one, and didn't see it until TBS began running DC in the morning when DC was in its last and final season. I have rewatched clips and episodes on YouTube when I missed the show and feel like watching it.
I watched it on DVD. then I had to rewatch it.
Old 12-09-2014, 05:12 PM
Extreme Fan

This is going to sound kind of harsh, but it really felt like Joey was babysitting Pacey when they were going out. Honestly it did, because Pacey became so immature and infantile in their relationship. Whenever Joey was anywhere near Dawson, Pacey would start to pout over not having her complete attention and would have to constantly be reassured by Joey at the end of the episode that she loved him too. He wasn't a grown man, he regressed back into being a child wanting attention.

Honestly, giving Pacey this storyline nearly ruined his character, and knowing how uncomfortable Joshua Jackson was with the relationship during the production of season three and four speaks volumes in my opinion.
Old 12-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelphia Kenny (View Post)
This is going to sound kind of harsh, but it really felt like Joey was babysitting Pacey when they were going out. Honestly it did, because Pacey became so immature and infantile in their relationship. Whenever Joey was anywhere near Dawson, Pacey would start to pout over not having her complete attention and would have to constantly be reassured by Joey at the end of the episode that she loved him too. He wasn't a grown man, he regressed back into being a child wanting attention.

Honestly, giving Pacey this storyline nearly ruined his character, and knowing how uncomfortable Joshua Jackson was with the relationship during the production of season three and four speaks volumes in my opinion.
I heard about that.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:40 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Not to mention the staggering differences between the two experiences as well.

When Pacey had sex with Andie, it felt right and natural for both of the characters. The mutually blissful expressions on their faces when Pacey took Andie home pretty much said everything that needed to be expressed. All they could manage to say to each other was the words "thank you" over and over again. That must of been some amazing sex if they can barely speak.

But when Pacey and Joey had sex, it felt very forced from the beginning, middle, and end. The fact that Pacey even had to ask Joey if she enjoyed herself pretty much speaks volumes that they must of had some very bad sex. If sex is enjoyable, you don't have to ask and speaking of which, the awkward morning after conversation is so bad, I have to pause it several times in order to avoid feeling massive second hand embarrassment.
Exactly.

And if you think about it, there are many comparisons between Pandie and PJo that shows Pandie was a much better relationship.

Pacey and Andie were able to talk about sex and the act of safe sex very maturely. Andie was even the one who said "We can be adults about this" and they bought condoms together. Whereas with Joey and Pacey, it was always very awkward. The episode in which they have sex was built up with a lot of awkwardness. Joey was practically appalled about Pacey even having a condom in his wallet just in case? I mean come on, it's not like Pacey was expecting them to have sex, he just had it on hand, like Andie once said, in case the mood strikes and they'll be prepared.

Pacey and Joey's relationship just makes me uncomfortable most of the time.

Previously, 'WileyDairyGnome'
Old 12-11-2014, 12:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyDairyGnome (View Post)
Exactly.

And if you think about it, there are many comparisons between Pandie and PJo that shows Pandie was a much better relationship.

Pacey and Andie were able to talk about sex and the act of safe sex very maturely. Andie was even the one who said "We can be adults about this" and they bought condoms together. Whereas with Joey and Pacey, it was always very awkward. The episode in which they have sex was built up with a lot of awkwardness. Joey was practically appalled about Pacey even having a condom in his wallet just in case? I mean come on, it's not like Pacey was expecting them to have sex, he just had it on hand, like Andie once said, in case the mood strikes and they'll be prepared.

Pacey and Joey's relationship just makes me uncomfortable most of the time.
I think it makes some of us uncomfortable. It will always annoy me how popular these two are.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
No matter how many people say otherwise, Pacey and Joey's relationship was doomed to failure. And you can see it like this:
  • When Pacey and Andie were together, they were so proud of being with each other that they openly displayed it in the halls in front of the whole student body.
  • When Pacey and Joey were together, they skulked around the halls of Capeside High feeling ashamed about being a couple.
  • Andie inspired Pacey to find the hero within himself and through her words of gentle persuasion and encouragement, he found a strong sense of belief in himself.
  • Joey's constant running to Dawson for every little thing coupled with her utter indifference in what went on in Pacey's life made him feel in his own words "stupid, worthless, and never right". Time and time again, Joey would coddle Pacey, but she would never actually put in any effort to help him in a crisis. Sappy words don't cut it, Joey.
  • Pacey and Andie's relationship was built on a strong foundation of communication, so whatever issue they were dealing with would be quickly resolved and never brought up again.
  • Pacey and Joey couldn't talk to each other about anything, so the same arguments kept circulating between them with no resolution in sight.
  • Andie and Pacey were on equal footing.
  • Pacey never knew where he stood with Joey.

It's not that hard to see that Pacey and Joey were and are horribly suited for each other. They were a rebound relationship, simple as that. The only reason why they were together at all was because they found someone who they could commiserate with and lick each other's wounds. A relationship like that's severely unhealthy because it's an escape mechanism, so in other words, they were using each other in order to escape facing up to their problems rather than taking them head on like any real couple would do.

How anyone could think these two were destined to be together is beyond me.
all of this. I always thought pacey can do better than joey. their fighting was the most vicious I've ever seen in my life, same things over and over. and not to mention, I don't know what joey did for pacey that's good. What about all the lying that went into this relationship and I always feel like pacey is going to be second to another guy in joey's life. I've also got to say these two were the whiniest couple on the show at least imo. Also, Joey was always jealous of dawson's love life, never of paceys.

Last edited by Forwood4Bamon; 01-15-2015 at 12:43 PM
Old 01-27-2015, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
all of this. I always thought pacey can do better than joey. their fighting was the most vicious I've ever seen in my life, same things over and over. and not to mention, I don't know what joey did for pacey that's good. What about all the lying that went into this relationship and I always feel like pacey is going to be second to another guy in joey's life. I've also got to say these two were the whiniest couple on the show at least imo. Also, Joey was always jealous of dawson's love life, never of paceys.
You make excellent points. It was so obvious Joey was not over Dawson season four.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:47 AM
Extreme Fan

I found the following on a blog named "Snarky, but satisfying.

Quote:
Post navigation
← Previous Next →
Why I Will Never Be a Fan of Pacey / Joey
Posted on March 4, 2011

While surfing the web, I came across a list of “TV Couples That Should Have Never Gotten Together.” Included on this list was one my ultimate OTP’s, Dawson and Joey. And no. Just no. This is entire site is hereby discredited by this severe lapse in judgment.

Not only did this particular couple have the most epic love story (rivaled only by Brooke and Lucas of One Tree Hill), despite not ending up together, they got the most beautiful swan song of any star-crossed pair in television history. At least in my eyes they did, but I am rather biased.

DJ are soul mates. Plain and simple. She pined over him for years before the lights turned on and he realized they’re meant to be. They see the best in each other when others don’t. She’s the stereotypical girl-next-door with a tomboy streak and he’s the aspiring filmmaker who lives in a fantasy world. Separately, I find them unlikeable and giant pain-in-the-asses. Together they are perfect. Greatest best friends turned lovers storyline ever? I think so.

I will never be a Pacey & Joey supporter. I would even hold up well under torture. PJ are oil and water. That relationship should have drowned to death in the creek as soon as it started. She’s too good for him and he’ll only weigh her down. They constantly had to reassure the other of their feelings. He made her feel like crap. She made him feel like crap. PJ were fine as frenemies, in fact, I found them wildly entertaining. But as a match made in heaven? Bite me.

The other reason why I think I’m so vehemently against this pairing is because Pacey and Andie together was my favorite. And they rewrote a lot of history in season four to make it look like Joey was Pacey’s savior. Andie helped him get his first A. Andie made him feel special and loved despite his father’s misgivings. It was Andie who gave him a reason to get up in the morning. And I really don’t believe that a group of talented writers weren’t able to find another purpose for Andie other than to hook her up with Dawson. Her “mental illness”? Estranged relationship with her father? Her extreme perfectionism? Sorry, but I’m not buying it.

Dawsons is my favorite show of all-time. DJ is my favorite couple of all-time. I am prepared to rant and bitch for hours on end. Bring it on, PJers, I’m not going down without a fight.
This blogger really gets it.
Old 01-28-2015, 08:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I remember that blogger. I still want to know if PJ really did get married. imdb seems to know what they're talking about tony. I think jerome somebody isn't much of a pjer either.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandiexjeyton (View Post)
I remember that blogger. I still want to know if PJ really did get married. imdb seems to know what they're talking about tony. I think jerome somebody isn't much of a pjer either.
Actually this did not come from IMDB. just a girl who runs her own blog, and I stumbled upon her. She really gets it, and that is what impressed me about the blogger.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:

I completely agree with this.
Old 01-28-2015, 07:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL22 (View Post)
I found the following on a blog named "Snarky, but satisfying.

This blogger really gets it.
Even though I didnt want Pacey to end up with Joey, I disagree with this blogger because i dislike DJ and felt Joey made him miserble, she always was looking for a way out when she was with him, broke his heart over and over, and chose different guys over him. That isn't love to me and Dawson deserved better in my opinion. Also I disagree about Joey being too good for Pacey. Because she got better grades than Pacey, he wasnt good enough for her, that is crap. He was good enough for Andie but not good enough for Joey. Just because someone doesn't get the best grades doesn't mean they are stupid and going no where in life. Pacey may not have went to college but he became a very sucessful business owner at the age of 25.

Last edited by Speedychatterbox; 01-28-2015 at 07:42 PM
Old 01-29-2015, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedychatterbox (View Post)
Even though I didnt want Pacey to end up with Joey, I disagree with this blogger because i dislike DJ and felt Joey made him miserble, she always was looking for a way out when she was with him, broke his heart over and over, and chose different guys over him. That isn't love to me and Dawson deserved better in my opinion. Also I disagree about Joey being too good for Pacey. Because she got better grades than Pacey, he wasnt good enough for her, that is crap. He was good enough for Andie but not good enough for Joey. Just because someone doesn't get the best grades doesn't mean they are stupid and going no where in life. Pacey may not have went to college but he became a very sucessful business owner at the age of 25.
exactly. I completely agree.