Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have a feeling 300 will come in #1

Glad the concert was great Maria.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Master Fan

Hey thanks for the well wishes, I am feeling much better now so hopefully I will go see 300 tomorrow or during thr week since now I'm break from classes.

Happy belated birthday, Alex.

Hey did you all heard what has happened in the comic books, they freaking killed off Captain America.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Elite Fan

Jimmy, yes I heard that. It's disappointing, I have a t-shirt even with the logo. The 300 was amazing! You must see it.

Steph, Maria, Jerry, Sheida, p&w

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll see 300 next weekend

I heard about Captain America.
does that mean no more issues?
how sad.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

I am not an avid comic reader, I'm sure they'd be able to help you out at the comics board though, with the Captain America stuff. Of course, you can always "resurrect heroes", even Superman was killed once! Travesty, I know!

The 300 is the best movie of the year so far.

Alex

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Except for the few SW comics I have read I am not an comic reader myself.
I didn't even know they still produced CA comics.

I was just so tired today.
and plus didn't want to face the crowds.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:49 PM
Elite Fan

I like the art, the Alex Ross artwork for Captain America is amazing! Plus the logo is kind of cool, and he stands for "the US", so I have a t-shirt with the faded "logo", ringer style.

No doubt the crowds were huge at the Mall of GA, when I went to see the film.

Alex

Old 03-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like a cool shirt, Alex. I don't think CA will stay dead tho. I would be upset if they offed Batman. Heh, that will never happen tho, at least I hope not.

Anyone gonna go see the Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez double feature movie Grindhouse when it comes out?
Old 03-10-2007, 07:33 PM
Elite Fan

Jimmy, I wouldn't put it past them. The did kill superman after all, so I don't think after that anyone is above being exepmt from death in the comic book universe.

I have not heard about that film. Do you have a link to a trailer?

Old 03-10-2007, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I thought superman came back then?
so him and Lois have a son?

I'm not into QT movies but Kill Bill does have a kick ass soundtrack.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

300 rocked so hard, I'm going to have to see it again. It was frakking awesome. Completely agree with Alex. Also, Friday numbers, 300 - 28 Million dollars (nearly half its budget). 20 million ahead of Wild Hogs.

As for the Death of Cap....yes, the series is still going on for now, how much longer, no one really knows yet.

The death of Superman was a freaking farce.....thank you DC for robbing everyone blind.

Maria, glad you liked the concert, enjoy the sleep.

P&W, Steph, Kara morning.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostar (View Post)
300 rocked so hard, I'm going to have to see it again. It was frakking awesome. Completely agree with Alex. Also, Friday numbers, 300 - 28 Million dollars (nearly half its budget). 20 million ahead of Wild Hogs.
Ha, there you go. It took a Frank Miller Film project for the two of us to agree on something! I am going to see it again, this time...hopefully we'll be able to buy IMAX tickets! It's rare that the IMAX is sold out like that, the last film that did that was Superman Returns last summer.

Quote:
As for the Death of Cap....yes, the series is still going on for now, how much longer, no one really knows yet.
Did you ever collect/read any of the comics? See, I didn't, but I still like the character.

Quote:
The death of Superman was a freaking farce.....thank you DC for robbing everyone blind.
Why do you feel this way Jerry? It was the highest selling DC comics issue up till that point, which is what they were probably going for. You should know by now it's a business more than ever...which is why I don't collect DC or Marvel and I like the Dark Horse SW Comics instead.

Steph...Superman died in the comics world during the mid 90's and was brought back later resurrected, had nothing to do with the films.

Alex

Old 03-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well hi everyone!

Maria its great you had fun at the concert!

Im not much of a Quentin fan either, though I did like the buried alive scene in Kill Bill2, and he does have kind of a funy style!

I guess Im gonna have to wait about 4 months before I can watch 300, but the numbers are looking good and I hope you guys enjoy them!

Well today was the last day of school this year, we have one exam on Wednesday and then we are out for the new year! its gonna be the year 1386!

I was never a fan of comic books, unless they were Garfield! And I was really small then!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 03-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Elite Fan

Hey Sheida since you mentioned school, are you in high school or college right now?

I totally forgot the time change, moving forward one hour...I just lost an hour from my life

Saw "Blade Runner" on DVD last night, honestly, I wanted Harrison Ford to kick more butt and be more of a bad a** in it, like Indiana Jones! But still good, still a classic

Old 03-11-2007, 08:47 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Hi guys. Look at Steph - she has some shiny new crowns!