Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2011, 06:25 AM
Master Fan

I don't see why they couldn't replicate the puppet. But GL has never been a fan of consistency.

Quote:
Is he a SW fan too?
Yes, but he doesn't read the books and he doesn't really like the PT.

Captain Ewevs: "You!? But we killed you!"
Boba Fett: "Yes, you killed me. And that made me very, very angry."
Old 08-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)

Oh, a sensible person, then.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreedomsBullets (View Post)
I don't see why they couldn't replicate the puppet. But GL has never been a fan of consistency.

Ain't that the truth...
Yea that could have replicated it.

Oh.

So.... I am not sure how true this is. Apparently the blu-ray dvds leaked and bad changes were made.

Darth Vader's 'Nooo!' in Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (Supposed Blu-Ray Clip) - YouTube

UPDATE: It's Official: George Lucas Hates Us
Old 08-31-2011, 02:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yoda looks horrible, just like he did in AOTC and ROTS.

And I'm not even going to watch that clip. I whine about fanfic writers not understanding the heart of Star Wars so much...but really, how can I blame them? Looks like GL is the one who understands his own creation the least.

As far as why they didn't use the old Yoda puppet, they were trying to make him look younger. Okay, fine, I guess. Except that it's only a difference of 20 years for a being who lives to be 900, which I imagine is roughly the difference that 2 years would make for a human (not ZERO, but negligible). Either GL didn't see it that way....OR the puppet might just be in really bad shape, like poor Hoggle from Labyrinth. Latex doesn't last forever, and apparently the puppet didn't always work that well when they were filming the OT. That could have been a GOOD use of modern technology, making a more reliable Yoda....*sigh*
Old 08-31-2011, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldreaming (View Post)
Looks like GL is the one who understands his own creation the least.
Yep. George Lucas doesn't understand Star Wars. Which is heresy to the Lucas worshippers. The clip has Vader going "Nooooo!" when Luke is getting electrocuted by the Emperor. I don't know if I believe it's really going to be in the blu-rays, because it sounds like a joke on Lucas.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
As far as why they didn't use the old Yoda puppet, they were trying to make him look younger. Okay, fine, I guess. Except that it's only a difference of 20 years for a being who lives to be 900, which I imagine is roughly the difference that 2 years would make for a human
So true.

Aww, poor Hoggle.

Quote:
I don't know if I believe it's really going to be in the blu-rays, because it sounds like a joke on Lucas.
Yea, until the blu-rays are released and the reviews are up, then we will know for sure.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Though it says something about Lucas that people would even make a joke like that.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

At one point, some things like the Jabba scene and the Biggs scene, the original SE changes MAY have been something to do with his "original vision," but I think he's just trying to think of thing she can change now for the sake of changing something. I have no problem with taking out the wampa puppeteer's arm in ESB or anything...I'd also have no problem if it stayed, it was a mistake and that's fine, but Vader does not need to scream.

I think a part of it may have to do with Lucas's feud with David Prowse too? I mean, that was one of his finest moments, and it was all HIM. His body language made that scene as brilliant as it was...and Lucas hates the guy now, why not undermine some of his finest work?
Old 09-01-2011, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, like it's his original vision that Vader goes "Noooooo!" in ROTJ. He keeps using that stupid excuse and so do his advocates.

Are we sure that WAS Prowse? There was another guy in the suit at times, a stunt man. I forget his name.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I have no problem with taking out the wampa puppeteer's arm in ESB or anything...I'd also have no problem if it stayed, it was a mistake and that's fine, but Vader does not need to scream.
Same here. Fixing the wampas arm, fine. I could take or leave it.
The Vader NO cheapens the whole scene. It was perfect as is.

Lucasfilm Confirms Change to Blu-ray Release of 'Return of the Jedi' - NYTimes.com
Old 09-01-2011, 09:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh my god. So the "Noooo!" is for real. It's such ridiculous self-parody. Does Lucas not realize what he looks like? My only thought is that he must be doing it to thumb his nose at people who criticised the "Nooo!" in ROTS. Kind of like sticking a Jar Jaresque Gungan voice at the end of ROTJ to stick it to Jar Jar-haters. So petty.

Or else Lucas is just

Is this some of Lucas's inane principle that the movies have to echo each other? Anakin blows up the round space station in TPM, etc. Vader says no in ROTS so he has to in ROTJ? Lucas is bonkers. He doesn't understand those movies one bit.

Alterative explanation: George Lucas has become the textbook case of a fall to the dark side. "He's more machine than man now, twisted and evil."

Last edited by sum1; 09-02-2011 at 08:08 AM
Old 09-02-2011, 01:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Are we sure that WAS Prowse? There was another guy in the suit at times, a stunt man. I forget his name.
Bob Anderson, yeah... I'm not 100% sure, Anderson did the dueling, but we know it was Prowse who was standing out on the ledge with Mark at the end of ESB (otherwise why would he have been upset about not being given the real line? ...although I don't side with him on that, whether Lucas trusted HIM or not, if he'd said it out loud dozens of other people in the room would have heard it too.) So my assumption was always that it was him in the suit anytime when Vader wasn't actually dueling. Whoever it was, the body language was brilliant.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I need to find a boyfriend who can rip old VHS footage onto DVD so I can preserve the OT I have on VHS.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well the 2006 and 2008 dvds have that, but they're out of print now.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

My sister has a set, so I could always watch them with her. But for my own copies...
Closed Thread   Post New Thread