Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2019, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like that will not be likely it’s great seeing Lando but don’t see them having the time to explore into his character where see him more as a mentor at best
Old 12-18-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

hmmm I really liked the film until the last 10 or so minutes happened

Old 12-18-2019, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh you’ve seen it already?
Old 12-19-2019, 12:08 AM
Master Fan

Saw the movie tonight

This is my opinion, not going to post spoilers about something punctual but

Spoiler:
Old 12-19-2019, 12:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really hope I can go Tuesday and not following Tuesday
Old 12-19-2019, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Okay as a TFA Reylo, let me just say this (spoilers obviously):

Spoiler:

I've seen/heard a lot of things

The funniest thing to me is how this movie is "so disappointing" to some people that they're actually taking back the nasty things they said about The Last Jedi

...I mean, seriously?

This fandom is schizophrenic. Not naming names, but the nastiness has just gotten worse and worse thanks to the ~joys~ of free social media expression. Some people were unbelievably harsh to that wonderful movie and even sent death threats to Rian Johnson over it. The behavior was awful, and continues to be.

So, to see JJ get that hate and more now, well I'm kinda speechless to be honest.

Sarah do you make icons? I'd to have a new Reylo icon in the coming weeks when we can allow into our icons
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-19-2019, 02:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I’m still computerless hoping January and than hopefully can afford to get Photoshop back
Old 12-19-2019, 03:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
I’m still computerless hoping January and than hopefully can afford to get Photoshop back
Oops I totally forgot that no worries, I'll look around at some point to see if icons are being made.

____

Okay can I just say about the final scene that everyone's talking about and the whole irritating question of Rey's identity [spoilers]:

Spoiler:

What does everyone else think?
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-19-2019, 03:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'd hate to post hate on certain characters so I'd rather not say... I'll just say that the main trio deserved so much better than they got. I gotta say I was never fully into any SW movies other than the prequels but I did love the main characters and wanted them to be treated much better. I feel like JJ gave in to fanservice and that's never good. if you can't come up with a good story and need the viewers influence that will essentially make the movie lose all sense and integrity, also giving a terrible message, then the project's dead

Old 12-19-2019, 03:35 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I what you said Gwen and at least am forewarned going into the end of the movie knowing it doesn’t impact me that much cause I just know but don’t know anything about it plus seeing is different than knowing
Old 12-19-2019, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Aw damn Sarah I realize I just spoiled you big time there. But I do think it's better you are warned lots of people on twitter are grateful they went in knowing the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
I'd hate to post hate on certain characters so I'd rather not say... I'll just say that the main trio deserved so much better than they got. I gotta say I was never fully into any SW movies other than the prequels but I did love the main characters and wanted them to be treated much better. I feel like JJ gave in to fanservice and that's never good. if you can't come up with a good story and need the viewers influence that will essentially make the movie lose all sense and integrity, also giving a terrible message, then the project's dead
Good to see you over here

Even though I see the potential in all the new characters and they give good performances, I've never cared to see the trio together as much as some fans have (perhaps because it was always more a real-life friendship than any kind of progression on screen, which was Finn/Poe and Finn/Rey as buddies in TFA then they understandably went on their own paths in TLJ) ... But I think in TROS, the attempt to "finally" bring them together has overshadowed what people mostly feel should be reserved as screen time for Skywalker focus. It's interesting to see how many fans and critics have pointed out the lack of Kylo/Ben time in this one. That is so odd to me, because his dynamic with Rey has always been central to the story.

But relating to that finale scene (spoilers):

Spoiler:
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 12-19-2019, 04:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Feared it anyways and truth be told figures it would happen and don’t really consider myself spoiled cause don’t know anything of how or anything so doesn’t bother me knowing
Old 12-19-2019, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
This fandom is schizophrenic. Not naming names, but the nastiness has just gotten worse and worse thanks to the ~joys~ of free social media expression. Some people were unbelievably harsh to that wonderful movie and even sent death threats to Rian Johnson over it. The behavior was awful, and continues to be.
The fandom is scary. All the directors have been hated so far and it's horrible.

Spoiler:
Old 12-20-2019, 08:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't seen although have been spoiled. I do have some issues from what I heard but I will still watch it and hopefully see some parts I like. I am not in a rush. I have some issues tlj but I won't address them here.

I am definetly against death threats and i am not as passionate about sw as some people are. I will say and as reviwers who have been objective says that there was a lot of disorganization between Jj and Johnson.Jj started something in FA and Johnson had other ideas in TLJ and Jj seemed to try to close his own story it just didn't flow. It's why I believe series should have one director
Old 12-20-2019, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Let’s see if I can manage to see this Tuesday and not following Tuesday right now it’s too early to tell if I can or not
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top