Old 01-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love his face. I wanna touch it.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

:Adam instructs Tar to back off:
Old 01-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

*has hard time resisting* I wanna feel his facial bones. Is that weird ?
Old 01-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm used to you being weird.
Old 01-03-2016, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I had to get out my high school yearbooks when i first saw Adam because I swear I went to high school with either him or someone who looks a heck of a lot like him. Sadly, he is not a classmate of mine
Old 01-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^That's too bad, it would've been awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I'm used to you being weird.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

I was thinking about the Vader redemption thingy and had an epiphany, ha,ha. The Greatest Loophole of All Times! According to this loophole, when a Force User goes Dark, personality change is so great it's considered that old person have died and new (dark) person has been born in his/her place. So much so that Dark Sider speaks about the old person as a completely separate entity, and third parties consider those 2 persons as 2 separate entities. Cases in point:

Obi Wan: Your father was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view. (Obi Wan said that Vder killed Luke's father)

Kylo Ren : Your son is dead. he was weak and foolish, just like his father. So I destroyed him.

So, when Dark Sider goes Light, that's considered that he/she killed the Dark person. Case in point Anakin "kills" Vader at the end of ROTJ when he decides to help Luke against the Empror.

So from this POV, Ben and Kylo are not the same person. In the Force terms. If Ben prevailed, he would kill Kylo. If Kylo prevailed, he would kill Ben.

However, I'm wondering whether we saw both of them. Kylo-Ben is so conflicted that it seems to me that those 2 switch places or at least Ben pops up here and there. Question is where. Who unmasked for Rey, Kylo or Ben? Who was Han talking to, only Kylo or Kylo and Ben but at different times (KYlo = red light, Ben blue and red?). I'm pretty sure that Ben is "pull of the light" that Kylo is afraid of.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:32 AM
Extreme Fan

I love the name "Kylo-Ben". From now on I am referring to him as such.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)
I was thinking about the Vader redemption thingy and had an epiphany, ha,ha. The Greatest Loophole of All Times! According to this loophole, when a Force User goes Dark, personality change is so great it's considered that old person have died and new (dark) person has been born in his/her place. So much so that Dark Sider speaks about the old person as a completely separate entity, and third parties consider those 2 persons as 2 separate entities. Cases in point:

Obi Wan: Your father was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view. (Obi Wan said that Vder killed Luke's father)

Kylo Ren : Your son is dead. he was weak and foolish, just like his father. So I destroyed him.

So, when Dark Sider goes Light, that's considered that he/she killed the Dark person. Case in point Anakin "kills" Vader at the end of ROTJ when he decides to help Luke against the Empror.

So from this POV, Ben and Kylo are not the same person. In the Force terms. If Ben prevailed, he would kill Kylo. If Kylo prevailed, he would kill Ben.

However, I'm wondering whether we saw both of them. Kylo-Ben is so conflicted that it seems to me that those 2 switch places or at least Ben pops up here and there. Question is where. Who unmasked for Rey, Kylo or Ben? Who was Han talking to, only Kylo or Kylo and Ben but at different times (KYlo = red light, Ben blue and red?). I'm pretty sure that Ben is "pull of the light" that Kylo is afraid of.

Any thoughts?
That made my head spin a bit It's almost like a Gollum/Smeagol situation.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:48 AM
Addicted Fan

Maybe the ultimate lesson is that the light/dark side are in everyone and to achieve balance in the force people have to accept both sides, instead of killing off one personality type?
Old 01-04-2016, 03:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Question: Does that mean when Kylo-Ben becomes Ben again is Kylo-Ben "dead" and if he can become Ben 1.0 again, Ben 1.0 isn't really dead right? Kylo-Ben couldn't destroy Ben just like Darth Vader couldn't destroy Anakin Skywalker.

Another question: Why does Kylo-Ben think he is weak and foolish and that his father is weak and foolish? His temper tantrums make him weak and foolish.

I googled "Adam Driver" and just looked at all the Google images. The man is so beautiful.
Old 01-04-2016, 03:59 AM
Addicted Fan

as long as he doesn't become Ben 10...

Old 01-04-2016, 04:02 AM
Dedicated Fan

Ben 10, lololololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyMERMAiD (View Post)
Maybe the ultimate lesson is that the light/dark side are in everyone and to achieve balance in the force people have to accept both sides, instead of killing off one personality type?
That IS a great point. My pet peeve with my adored Saga is that it's so B&W. They talk about the balance of the Force but how cna you have balance if it's only Light and no dark or only Dark and no Light? Surely Jedi should know that it has to be 50/50 of each. That goes for individual Force users. You can't suppress one, which is why, I think, everyone is suspect to tipping over into the opposite. That happens when you repress something that's natural to you. In Jedi case, they repress Dark but it finds the way out. In Kylo-Ben case, he's repressing Light but it also finds a way out.

So, as you say, balanced person would be Ren Solo (kylo REN + ben SOLO). or something.

I'm wondering if new Saga will figure this out. I know that fanboys are raging that Anakinf didn't bring the Balance of the Force at the end of ROTJ despite the Prophecy, but extinguishing Dark Side was never going to balance anything. Only Light =/= balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabous (View Post)
Question: Does that mean when Kylo-Ben becomes Ben again is Kylo-Ben "dead" and if he can become Ben 1.0 again, Ben 1.0 isn't really dead right? Kylo-Ben couldn't destroy Ben just like Darth Vader couldn't destroy Anakin Skywalker.
Pretty much this.

Quote:
Another question: Why does Kylo-Ben think he is weak and foolish and that his father is weak and foolish? His temper tantrums make him weak and foolish.
Guess we'll find out in VIII or he just resented the fact that Han wasn't the Force user.

Quote:
I googled "Adam Driver" and just looked at all the Google images. The man is so beautiful.
Yeah, in unusual, non-pretty boy way.

Last edited by katlicious; 01-04-2016 at 04:09 AM
Old 01-04-2016, 06:00 AM
Elite Fan

Please add me to the list He is my favorite character of the new trilogy.

I love Adam's performance so much that I'm watching Girls for him and putting up with Lea Dunham's writing