Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlicious (View Post)
Yes I think that's it also I just read some more tweets what is up with the square pattern pillow picture they tweeted saying it was right in front of us the whole time the key to unlocking TFA?
Old 01-02-2016, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 01-02-2016, 11:08 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Snoke wants Rey also it seems Snoke hates/fears Luke and if this is true then Pablo Hidalgo confirmed that the Knights of Ren aren’t attacking the Jedi Academy in Rey's vision but it seems they may be attacking a temple.
A very interesting point. I like it.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:49 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
Yes I think that's it also I just read some more tweets what is up with the square pattern pillow picture they tweeted saying it was right in front of us the whole time the key to unlocking TFA?

Could you, please, find those tweets and always submit the link when you comment on them? It's really important that we read how Hidalgo worded it, instead of interpretation of it. Things get lost in translation, so, yeah, lets keep it legit.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well changing mind in the last minute is stupid. Redemption arc has to run before the last minute. Sorry but NOT a fan of Vader redemption at all. he was evil in 2 movies, no textures/layers/light side moments like Kylo, and then out of blue we get this:

Luke:"There's good in him I can feel it."

Leia:"Huh?"

Luke:"I can feel a conflict in you father"

Vader:"Huh?"

Luke:"Father, I know you don't want to kill me!"

Vader:"Banzai!" (hacks and slashes with clear intention to kill)

Emperor: "Lohd Vaydah, you ah fired!"

Vader tosses Emperor in the pit. The end.

NO. Just No. Ben deserves better.
I think this is the first time I'm disagreeing with you I think Vader's redemption was beautiful and one of the best scenes in the OT and probably out of all future movies. The acting was incredible. The dialogue? Still brings me to tears. And the fact that Vader didn't want to be saved, physically, because Luke had already saved his soul is one of the most beautiful things ever. It's very high on my list of favorite SW scenes.

Anyway, back to Kylo, I don't want the same plot with his redemption. I think he deserves a happy ending, alive, even if it means spending the rest of his life making up for the evil he's done, with people who have forgiven him by his side (hopefully Luke, Leia, Rey, Finn and Poe. Not sure if Chewie will forgive him Maybe after a long talk with Leia.)
Old 01-03-2016, 04:17 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbis diablo (View Post)
I think this is the first time I'm disagreeing with you I think Vader's redemption was beautiful and one of the best scenes in the OT and probably out of all future movies. The acting was incredible. The dialogue? Still brings me to tears. And the fact that Vader didn't want to be saved, physically, because Luke had already saved his soul is one of the most beautiful things ever. It's very high on my list of favorite SW scenes.

Anyway, back to Kylo, I don't want the same plot with his redemption. I think he deserves a happy ending, alive, even if it means spending the rest of his life making up for the evil he's done, with people who have forgiven him by his side (hopefully Luke, Leia, Rey, Finn and Poe. Not sure if Chewie will forgive him Maybe after a long talk with Leia.)
totally agree on both points
Old 01-03-2016, 05:17 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

I'm not disputing that Vader redemption was emotionally effective, well acted and directed. I'm just saying that it asked to erase everything that he'd done before it and I have trouble with that. he kills the Emperor not for the higher purpose but because he threatened his son (so entirely selfish one cause Luke is his progeny...he wouldn't do it for random Jedi) and suddenly we are supposed to view him as a hero and he even gets LOST funeral. Too much too soon, zero development. IMO, just because something is emotional, it doesn't mean it's great in the context.

OTOH, I totally agree with you that Kylo should live and make up for evil he's done. No easy way out for him. He's young and doesn't have offprings yet. That is a totlaly different ballgame than offing an old tired character who has grown up son and daughter to continue the lineage.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Hasn't Darth Vader's problem been that he loved his mother, his wife, his son (and Leia) too much? Killing the emperor in order to save his son didn't change who and what he did up to that point. People still see him as a villain.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Legend

The whole reason he became Vader was to save his family. So obviously seeing his son threatened made that click in his head. But we can agree to disagree on that one otherwise we'll go around on an eternal loop

Quote:
OTOH, I totally agree with you that Kylo should live and make up for evil he's done. No easy way out for him. He's young and doesn't have offprings yet. That is a totlaly different ballgame than offing an old tired character who has grown up son and daughter to continue the lineage.
He deserves it They made it very obvious that he's good inside. He's just made horrible choices, but choices that go against his true nature which is good. I want him with a family, happy. Ewok-party style
Old 01-03-2016, 06:21 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
The whole reason he became Vader was to save his family. So obviously seeing his son threatened made that click in his head. But we can agree to disagree on that one otherwise we'll go around on an eternal loop
No, I agree with you here. family love saved him. Time for romantic love to save Kylo cause romantic love doomed Anakin.

Quote:
He deserves it They made it very obvious that he's good inside. He's just made horrible choices, but choices that go against his true nature which is good. I want him with a family, happy. Ewok-party style
I want a little girl. I don't know why but he strikes me as girl's father type.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:23 AM
Addicted Fan

Force choke daughter's boyfriend when he drops her home late.
Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyMERMAiD (View Post)
Force choke daughter's boyfriend when he drops her home late.
better, teaches his daughter to force choke dates who don't threat her with respect.
Old 01-03-2016, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

But then we'd have to be ok with Kylo force choking dates of his own who don't treat him wih respect.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Addicted Fan

I shudder to think what is treating him with respect in Kylo's mind.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Star

True. He's very insecure.