Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2020, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope it is true too!

Report: Temuera Morrison to play Boba Fett in The Mandalorian

Quote:
From The Hollywood Reporter:

"The Mandalorian is bringing a familiar helmet back to the Star Wars galaxy.

Temuera Morrison, who played Jango Fett in 2002's Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, will appear in season two of the Disney+ Star Wars series.

Sources say Morrison will play Boba Fett, the famed bounty hunter who first appeared on the big screen 1980's Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and who seemingly died in 1983's Return of the Jedi as he fell into a sarlacc pit. Actor Jeremy Bulloch portrayed the character in the original trilogy.

Boba Fett is expected to play just a small role in season two of the series, after the character was teased in the season one episode "The Gunslinger," when a mysterious figure sporting the bounty hunter's trademark spurs approached the apparently lifeless body of Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen).

In Attack of the Clones, one of the storylines revolved around the discovery of a secret army of clones being amassed. The clones were built off of Jango. And it was further revealed that fan favorite Boba Fett was actually a clone Jango, being raised as his own son. Daniel Logan played a young version of Boba Fett in that film. While sources say Morrison is playing Boba Fett, it's always possible that something sneaky involving cloning is going on.

The Mandalorian season two is slated to bow in October on Disney+, and will also include series newcomer Michael Biehn and features directors such as Alita: Battle Angel's Robert Rodriguez and Ant-Man's Peyton Reed.

Morrison appeared in 2018's Aquaman as Tom Curry, father to Jason Momoa's hero, and had a role in last year's Dora and the Lost City of God. He has kept his connection to Star Wars by voicing Jango and Boba Fett, as well as other characters, in various Star Wars video games. "
Old 05-11-2020, 08:11 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

I love Temuera, I'm excited that I will get to see him in the SW universe as well I really need to work on watching The Mandalorian though
Old 05-12-2020, 05:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh it is so good!

Rumor: Katee Sackhoff to play Bo-Katan in The Mandalorian season 2

Quote:
From /Film:

"Battlestar Galactica star and Star Wars veteran Katee Sackhoff is joining The Mandalorian season 2. We have exclusively learned that Sackhoff will be playing a live-action version of Bo-Katan Kryze, a Mandalorian warrior she previously voiced in Dave Filoni’s animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars and later Star Wars Rebels.

Although both Lucasfilm and Sackhoff’s reps declined to comment, we have confirmed this story with multiple sources. She filmed her role back in February before Hollywood production shut down due to the global coronavirus pandemic.

Sackhoff has made a career of playing complex sci-fi tough women, recently appearing in Netflix’s sci-fi drama series Another Life. The Mandalorian season 2 completed principal photography in March and the post-production is being done remotely, so the new episodes will still hit Disney+ in October 2020.

Bo-Katan first appeared in season 4 of the Star Wars animated series Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The character was a Mandalorian warrior – a lieutenant in the radical splinter group Death Watch, second-in-command to the group’s leader, Pre Vizsla. When Maul took possession of the Darksaber, executed Vizla, and took the throne of Mandalore, Bo-Katan refused to accept the outsider as her new leader. She was instrumental in recruiting the Jedi and the Republic to lay siege to Mandalore and oust Maul. Later in Star Wars Rebels, Sabine Wren chose to pass the infamous weapon to Bo-Katan, believing that she could unite the Mandalorian clans.

If you don’t know the animated series, it all boils down to this: Bo-Katan was an instrumental Mandalorian leader who once wielded the Darksaber, a weapon that the villainous Moff Gideon now controls, as seen in the first season finale of The Mandalorian. [...]"
Old 05-15-2020, 09:11 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

There are quite a few new faces for the new season
Old 05-17-2020, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yea. I am excited.

And I am glad they got to finish filming the second season so that it will be ready for the fall.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:27 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

^ Definitely a good decision, I think most tv shows will be experiencing delays.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Rumor: Jimmy Smits to reprise role as Bail Organa in Cassian Andor series?

From Bespin Bulletin:

Old 05-20-2020, 05:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Video: George Lucas and Dave Filoni talk Star Wars: The Clone Wars in new Q&A

Quote:
From Star Wars:

"This month on The Star Wars Show, David Collins talks Star Wars: The Clone Wars with George Lucas and Dave Filoni, we relive the iconic music of Star Wars, and we take a look at your #HomeWithYoda submissions. Plus, Anthony Daniels catches up with Andi and Anthony."

The Q&A with Lucas and Filoni starts at 9:20.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:37 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

Thanks for sharing those
Old 05-22-2020, 06:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem!

George Lucas looks back on Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back for its 40th anniversary

Quote:
From StarWars.com:

"There is a note of hope in George Lucas’s voice as he considers whether or not Darth Vader’s surprising reveal in Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back could have been kept under wraps in the age of the internet.

“I think it might have!” he says. “Because the thing about it is I didn’t tell anybody — anybody — about it. And it wasn’t in any of the scripts. It wasn’t even in the story treatments. I kept that aspect of it secret and I was the only one that knew about it. And it really wasn’t until the day we shot that we told Mark [Hamill] so he could react appropriately.”

As Hamill tells it, the actor who played Luke Skywalker was only the third person to carry the secret, after director Irvin Kershner pulled him aside and said: “’I know it. George knows it. And when I tell you, you’ll know it.,’” Hamill recalls. “’But that means, that’s only three people. So if it leaks, we’ll know it’s you.’”

Weeks later, as Lucas sat outside a recording booth with James Earl Jones reciting the line, “No, I am your father,” the circle widened to include sound designer Ben Burtt and the sound mixers. “The mixers, those guys were all dedicated to being quiet. …They weren’t going to tell anybody,” Lucas says confidently. “But there were very, very few people who knew about it until it was shown for the first time….By the end, with the actors, about 12 people knew what that line was.” Then Lucas reconsiders his initial optimism. Even with just a dozen people, it would be hard to keep such a thing contained in today’s world, he says. “I think, in this era now with the internet the way it is, it’s very hard to have surprises in a movie. And I don’t think you could do it today.”

To celebrate the 40th anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back, which made its debut on May 21, 1980, Lucas recently sat down for an exclusive interview with StarWars.com to reflect on the financial and creative gamble that he made all those years ago to bring the second part of his original trilogy to the screen.

“Something my father told me never to do”

In the early 1970s, Lucas was a rebel in the film industry; he moved to Northern California in 1969 and made two low-budget films, THX 1138 and American Graffiti. To ensure he would get the chance to make the follow-ups to the breakout sensation of Star Wars on his own terms, he took on the burden of financing the production himself. At the same time, he was building a legacy in the form of his company, Lucasfilm in Marin County, and making a permanent home just north of San Francisco for the special effects team at Industrial Light & Magic.

Part of his decision to approach The Empire Strikes Back in this way stemmed from his experience working with a big studio, 20th Century Fox, on the first film in the saga. “The studio on A New Hope, they just cut us off,” he says. “There was a lot of stuff that we didn’t do that I wanted to do. But we just didn’t get to finish the film….We were going a week over or two weeks over and they said, ‘Well, we’re just going to cut you off.’” At the time, the movie was still missing its opening scene. “I said, ‘Well, I haven’t shot the beginning of the movie.’ You know, where Darth Vader comes in and there’s that battle and Princess Leia has a conversation with him. None of that had been shot. And they said, ‘Well, we don’t care. Try to make the movie without it.’” Ultimately, Lucas and the crew worked long hours on A New Hope to capture what they could in the final push to their deadline.

As he sat down to plan the production for Empire, Lucas knew he would need more creative control than he’d been granted previously. “I had taken precautions earlier on to control the sequels so that I could continue to make the movies,” Lucas says. “I took control of the movie so I could make all three of them because I knew, unless you have a really big hit with a movie it’s impossible to really get another one made. Especially in those days. And I had no idea [the original Star Wars] would be a hit movie so I was working from the assumption that it wasn’t going to make money and that it was going to be really hard to finish all three of them. And I was dedicated to do that.”

That also meant financing it, no small feat even after the success of Star Wars. “Well, to be very honest, the most challenging aspect was paying for it,” he says now. “In order to be able to take control of the movie, I had to pay for it myself. And in order to do that, I did something my father told me never to do, which was to borrow money. But there wasn’t much I could do because I only had maybe half of the money to make the movie so I had to borrow the other half, which put a lot of pressure on me.”

Just getting the script ready for shooting was its own ordeal. “I was learning…I don’t like writing,” Lucas says. “In this case, Leigh Brackett died literally the day she turned the first draft of the script in and it wasn’t really much like I had expected or wanted and so I was stuck. I had been working with [screenwriter] Larry Kasdan on Raiders [of the Lost Ark] but he wasn’t finished yet.” Lucas asked Kasdan if he would work on a third draft of Empire with Lucas tackling major plot points in the second draft. “And he said, ‘How do you know I’m a good writer?’” Lucas recalls. “And I said, ‘Well, when you turn in the script, if it’s no good then the deal’s off.” Lucas worked on the second draft “and then while I was reading Raiders, he was writing Empire.” [...]"

Read more at StarWars.com.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:00 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

It's strange to think these films were released in the 70s, they were so ahead of it's time
Old 05-23-2020, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Totally.

I was watching the documentary of the making of the Mandalorian and the 4th episode talks about the technology. And my mind was freaking blown away.
Old 05-26-2020, 03:13 PM
Graphics Team
kooky saiyan girl

I really need to get around to watching behind the scenes footage for these films and tv shows, I can only imagine how much technology is used to make these films.
Old 05-26-2020, 06:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

What was done with the Mandalorian really blew me away. It’s the future of filmmaking.
Old 05-27-2020, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

As of now, Hayden and Ian will attend a German comic con, in December.
Here's the tweet.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top