Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2018, 03:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I think it's important that you pointed these things out. So many people are talking about the upcoming TLJ novelization as if the movie (Reylo) depends on points of confirmation from it, but clearly, the novels are not obligated to follow the script or the scene completely.

I still think that the novel will help us clarify and confirm a lot of things, so I'm really looking forward to it. But reading TFA book, we shouldn't be surprised, if some things will be different.

On the other hand, I think that the feelings or thoughts of the characters in the book matches their feelings and thoughts in the respective scenes of the movie. At least what we thought they felt or thought.

Quote:
Yep, definitely interesting. I would love a flash-forward style of Epilogue in Episode IX seeing Rey and Ben have at least one child together, a little boy or girl with all their qualities and Skywalker future role model. I would cry happy tears if this happened

I think that this is the ultimate dream of every Reylo fan out there

Icon Credit
Old 02-21-2018, 04:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm not really a fan of SW novelizations (I read the one of the original trilogy and they changed things in some scenes that made no sense to me) but I do like it when they describe my favorite moments in the movies the same way they happened, just with more depth and explanation on the character's feelings. Especially when it comes to Reylo, where so much is unspoken.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:24 AM
Supreme Fan

I was curious, so I bought it and it really is not that different. Like I said, in some scenes they changed some details, took away some lines or add ones, but it's really not big. I think that it really helps you understand the characters and their feelings more.

Icon Credit
Old 02-21-2018, 04:30 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's cool I didn't read the TFA one, maybe I will someday. But I'm definitely curious about TLJ one
Old 02-21-2018, 04:34 AM
Supreme Fan

Me too, I think I'm gonna buy it as well.

I'm so curious about the Reylo stuff. I think that Tumblr is gonna be full of it right away

Icon Credit
Old 02-21-2018, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by a new hope (View Post)
I'm not really a fan of SW novelizations (I read the one of the original trilogy and they changed things in some scenes that made no sense to me) but I do like it when they describe my favorite moments in the movies the same way they happened, just with more depth and explanation on the character's feelings. Especially when it comes to Reylo, where so much is unspoken.

I just read a Pablo Hidalgo tweet responding to a question about 2 Rey/Poe meetings and it clarifies so much that I always suspected about these Star Wars novels -

"They're written before the movie is done by someone who hasn't seen it"

Thus, it won't necessarily be taking the final edits and Adam & Daisy's performances into account. I hope Reylo fans consider all this before they start panicking about whether the novel fulfills their hopes for lengthy romantic Reylo descriptions. It's still the movies which give the most clarification.

ETA - bigger version of Pablo's tweet -
Skam Italia icon
Gwen

Last edited by Crystal Clear; 02-21-2018 at 05:51 AM
Old 02-21-2018, 06:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks, I didn't know that

We'll see. Rian said that he personally sat down one afternoon with Jason Fry and talked to him about the novel. He said they were talking about additional scenes, so I don't know how much they talked about other things. Don't know if JJ did the same.

Start in 3:02

Icon Credit
Old 02-21-2018, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie (View Post)
Thanks, I didn't know that

We'll see. Rian said that he personally sat down one afternoon with Jason Fry and talked to him about the novel. He said they were talking about additional scenes, so I don't know how much they talked about other things. Don't know if JJ did the same.

It's a tough one to call. Reylo fans are getting their hopes up about a lot of sexual/romantic descriptions in the book because they know that Rian had input, but ultimately, Pablo Hidalgo has basically confirmed that novels are not guidelines to what we see in the actual Star Wars movies.

I still care more about what I see on screen Adam and Daisy are electric together, Rian said Reylo is "ALL IN THE MOVIE" and that's all I really care about.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-21-2018, 06:31 AM
Supreme Fan

I really don't wanna get my hopes up and I don't. My expectations are rather low, but I think that this book might haven been finished after the movie, since it's being released almost three most after. Unlike TFA, which was released with the movie. I'm not sure how long the publishing process takes after the book is written.

Icon Credit
Old 02-21-2018, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
I really don't wanna get my hopes up and I don't. My expectations are rather low, but I think that this book might haven been finished after the movie, since it's being released almost three most after. Unlike TFA, which was released with the movie. I'm not sure how long the publishing process takes after the book is written.

I'm almost dreading the novel's release (and I wasn't a few weeks ago) because I've seen how some Reylo fans are acting as if the future of their relationship depends on how it's described in the TLJ novel. That's just... Ridiculous, imo. What we saw in the movie was enough to convince me that Adam and Daisy have firm grips on where these two characters are in terms of their feelings for each other. I didn't depend on the TFA novel to back up the movie so I'm not gonna do that either for TLJ

Like Pablo said, Rey and Poe met in the first (TFA) novel but met for the first time in the movie, and so he can't even decide if we should count the novels as canon
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-21-2018, 06:59 AM
Supreme Fan

Officialy the novels are canonical. So I count them as canon, unless something in it contradics what happened in the movies. We consider canon Ben Solo being manipulated by Snoke since he was little and that was only in the novel.

Icon Credit
Old 02-21-2018, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Officialy the novels are canonical. So I count them as canon, unless something in it contradics what happened in the movies. We consider canon Ben Solo being manipulated by Snoke since he was little and that was only in the novel.

Well, yes and it was in the movie too - albeit briefly, and to a lesser extent, when Han and Leia are talking about what they lost when they sent Ben away. But IMO the novels are a back-up to the movie script and the movie performances, which are separate things.

The novels are part of the merchandising aspect of the franchise.

All I know is that I'm anxious about fan reactions when the novel is released in 2 weeks This fandom has a tendency to overreact, no matter what the situation is.

There are lot of things that is captured in a performance that cannot be felt when you're reading a script or even a novel. The sexual undertones of TLJ were obvious to everyone, particularly movie reviewers, and that's the type of thing that was apparent primarily due to the strong chemistry between Adam and Daisy.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 02-21-2018, 09:00 AM
Elite Fan

man...you take 3 days off and suddenly we're over halfway through a new thread.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:23 AM
Supreme Fan

This is amazing

x

Icon Credit
Old 02-21-2018, 09:58 AM
Elite Fan

I love it!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top