Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2018, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

The last few episodes have been amazing. I'm so happy the curse has finally been broken. I'm so pumped for the final episode and seeing Snow, David, Emma and others back next week.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

i am too. i cant believe tomorrow is the last episode (ever) im not ready for it to be over
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Me either. I was late into it, I only started watching it two years ago. It'll be on Tuesday on Netflix for me.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:18 AM
Moderator Support Team

cant wait to hear your thoughts on it
Old 05-22-2018, 07:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Will be watching it tonight. I will post my thoughts on it after.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:48 PM
Moderator Support Team

here are mine

i thought on the whole it was a nice finale, the only thing i was disappointed in was that we didnt get to see tilly and robin have their wedding. and have hook walk tilly down the isle like robin had mentioned earlier in the episode.

oh and i wouldnt have minded seeing henry and cinderella get engaged (or maybe have a real date )

loved seeing everyone return one last time. and having emma run in saying "sorry im late" was kinda a ode to the first season when EQ crashed the wedding and now she is interrupting the coronation was nice
Old 05-23-2018, 01:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, I was also disappointed that we didn't get to see Robin and Alice have their wedding. It was such a tease to have Robin ask Hook for his permission and then not have the wedding, but I guess we can always imagine how it would go.

Oh, yeah, Henry and Ella too.

Here is what I put last night on the OUAT board

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Oh my gosh. I have no words.

By far, Rumple sacrificing himself to save Wish Hook and stop Wish Rumple altogether was the highlight of this finale for me. It was so beautifully done and I really liked how he considered Hook his friend. Though part of me feels that it should have been a way to save original Killian, since that is who he had the most history with, but whatever. Saving a version of his enemy is worthy enough. It was a very fitting and bittersweet way to finally have him find his way back to Belle (which was the most stunning scene ) and I bawled hard when Regina told him to find his happy ending.

Props to Regina to getting through to Wish Henry. I knew he wouldn't go through with killing her.

When Snow and Charming arrived to save Regina and adult Henry I was at first confused. Since they were still in the wish realm, was this wish Snow and Charming, or original? So confused! It was great to finally see them again, of any version, but kinda sad they didn't have as much screen time as I was expecting.

The real-like dream Regina had with Robin was bittersweet. But at least she knows he will always be in her heart.

Going back to the beginning of the episode, I loved the opening in Storybrooke with Grumpy/Leroy and the other dwarves, and granny. Poor Alice and Robin not being welcomed, which I guess is understandable given they came in out of nowhere, but even so. I'm glad they found Zelena and Robin convinced her who they are and why they need help.

So Regina's idea of bringing all the realms together in Maine was pretty neat, but intensely confusing at the same time. Especially with Wish Realm, since there would be two versions of every character walking around together. But I guess they're not exactly close neighbours, the realms are still separate, but are situated right next to each other and easily accessed. The CGI done showing all the realms together wasn't exactly great, but I'll give it a pass just this once.

Regina being crowned as Good Queen by Snow and Charming was perfect, what a wonderful way to bring it full circle. I loved her speech. I LOVED how Emma arrived, "Sorry I'm late" parallel to Evil Queen's "Sorry I'm late" in the Pilot. And she had her red jacket on top of a dress. Great to see original Killian again! And their daughter is named Hope. Very cute. Still couldn't get my head round the two Henry's being there, but I guess it was a way to have the whole cast back together for the finale. The flashbacks were great.

As the camera panned out to iconic Storybrooke places at night, Mr Gold's Pawn Shop, Granny's Diner, and then Emma's yellow bug etc. I got really emotional, and then the sign "Leaving Storybrooke" ..... I can't believe the show is over. I didn't want it to end, but then I suppose it had to have ended someday.

I plan to do a re-watch very soon. Back to the very beginning. S7 was great, for the most part, though I missed Storybrooke like crazy.

It'll be so weird to see it for real. I'm going to Vancouver in October, for 6 days. I plan to visit Steveston aka Storybrooke which is really exciting, I can't wait to visit all the areas and places they filmed in the village. And get some official OUAT merchandise. It may be a shame that now the show is over I won't get the opportunity to see them filming, but it'll be the most awesome way to reminisce.
Old 05-23-2018, 10:44 AM
Moderator Support Team

that is cool you are going there in october to see where it was filmed and get official merch. its a shame the cast wont be there then
Old 05-25-2018, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, that's my problem with coming into shows too late (having only began watching in 2016) Mind you, I don't think I would have made it to Vancouver between 2011-2016 when they were still filming a lot in Steveston 'cause it took us so long to get away somewhere that's far enough for an adventure last year (with Toronto). I'm gonna buy as much merchandise as possible. And visit all the cool areas they filmed in the village. And eat at Granny's Diner.
Old 05-25-2018, 11:28 AM
Moderator Support Team

thats still cool you get to see all the filming spots. im jealous. i dont think i will ever make it up there. (1- i have no money - 2- i have nobody that would want to travel there with me)
Old 05-30-2018, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Aww I'm sorry to hear that. You never know, you might one day get the opportunity.

I'm going with my mum. We only have 6 full days in Vancouver so I'm planning everything to the last detail. We might be spending 2 days in Steveston depending on whether we're going whale watching from there, which I think we will be.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:02 AM
Moderator Support Team

that sounds like fun too. hope you have a great time
Old 05-31-2018, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks! I can't wait. October is still so far away

Going to re-watch OUAT soon.
Old 05-31-2018, 11:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

your doing a rewatch already? wow. its too soon for me i need to wait a little for that
Old 05-31-2018, 11:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

I watch it once a month is that bad?