Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2017, 01:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ok thanks. Just wanted to make sure before I post any spoilers that may ruin it for others.

I am very excited for the musical event as well.

Spoiler:

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I watched The Bear and the Bow last night. I loved it, I loved Merida's story and I thought it was awesome they bought Mulan back, that she taught Merida how to fight. I love even more that Ruby/Red returned, and helped Mulan find Merida's dad's killer. I knew it was going to be Arthur. I kept thinking how this was how Pixar's Brave story should have been. Don't get me wrong, I liked the story with Merida and her mother, but it wasn't the movie everyone thought they were getting. It was so cool to see Merida become Queen of DunBroch.

I did miss the others though. Especially Regina. But it was a fantastic episode, even though the first 15 minutes or so had me confused with the timeline. I did like the flashback scene with Mary and Ruby, it was nice how they explained where Ruby had been all this time.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved Merida in OUAT too. She was good.

My LJ
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

She was awesome.

I've calmed down over the episode Swan Song now. That episode screwed me over so bad last week. I just couldn't believe that after all that Rumple had done to want to get rid of the darkness, he winds up taking it back! And right when Belle went back to him! But now I realise that maybe he's doing this because he feels he's the only one that knows the darkness like the back of his hand. Maybe he can control it this time and get rid of it once and for all! I hope.

I enjoyed the episode Souls of the Departed a lot. This episode gave me so many Regina feels I can’t even. It was awesome to see more Evil Queen, this episode almost felt like the classic episodes of S1. To see Regina finally be able to apologise to her father, and for him to see how far she has come, a daughter he could be proud of and for her to see him go off to a better afterlife was so amazingly heartfelt, I couldn’t keep it in. I bawled so hard! It wrapped everything that I had wanted to see more of Regina’s relationship with her father so perfectly, it was a long time coming since S1. The Under-World is very creepy, but I loved how we got to see all these characters who died come back for this episode, and I presume, the rest of this season, as I’m guessing the Under-World is where we’ll be spending it. Cora. I gotta say, it was nice how Regina went to hug her mother…after everything that Cora did….I mean, she did die just before there was a chance of her actually being a good mother to Regina. Also, it really is a testament to how far Regina has come now that there were no rebuilt grudges against Mary Margaret, since she was the one who killed Cora. So the mission for this half of the season is to find Killian in the Underworld and bring him back, and to possibly help others find a better afterlife.

And last night I watched Labours of Love. LOVED this episode! Here's what I had to say at the OUAT board. Sorry it's long, but I don't have the time to condense it down.

This felt even more like the classic OUAT. Young Snow and Hercules were adorable. I love that we got to see how Snow learned her archery skills and Hercules taught her how to believe in herself as Queen of her people. I enjoyed those scenes so much and I still can't believe how amazing Bailee Madison is at portraying a younger Snow!

Meg wasn't quite who I was expecting. It never clicked with me that she was Meg until she introduced herself to Hercules. Whilst she did find some bravery in helping Snow and Hercules defeat Cerberus, she's in no way as sassy or as spunky as Meg in the Disney film. Their story together felt a little rushed, but I had forgotten there was a time when OUAT had the whole one fairy tale a week thing going on (guess I'm used to new characters lasting a season or at least half a season). But I loved the scene where Hercules and Meg go off to a better life in Olympus. My absolute favourite scene however, is when Regina tells Mary that maybe they need Snow White back, not Mary Margaret. This whole line hit me right in the feels.

Mary Margaret: This is all my fault. I thought I was doing the right thing. Hercules was destined to kill Cerberus. I thought it would help us get to Hook. But now...
Regina: Now is not the time to give up. Need I remind you I dedicated years to knocking you down? But nothing could stop you.
Mary Margaret: You took my kingdom. Cast your curse. I lost my daughter for 28 years. Regina: And then you found her. You defeated me in a way no one thought was possible. You made me your friend by never giving up on me. So what's the difference this time? Mary Margaret: And how am I supposed to help anyone stand up to Hades when all I have is... speeches about hope?
Regina: You're right. Mary Margaret can't help. In fact, we don't need her anymore. We need Snow White.

....Just, awesome. And in the end, Mary realises that she misses being Snow White, Snow is who she really is.

Mary Margaret: Yeah. (Sighs) You didn't know me in the Enchanted Forest, Emma, but... I was someone who took risks even when she was afraid. I was someone who... I guess, inspired people. An old enemy reminded me of that. I just don't want to ever run the risk of forgetting who I was again.
David: What are you saying, Mary Margaret?
Mary Margaret: I'm saying I don't want to be Mary Margaret anymore. I want to be Snow White again.
Regina: Well, it's about time.

Yes, it sure is. I get confused as to what name I should refer to every time, especially Snow/Mary and Charming/David. However, I think everyone in Storybooke who were under the curse (besides Regina and Rumple) are always going to be both. I mean, they did live under their cursed aliases for years even if they didn't know it, and after the curse was broken they all felt they didn't know who they were anymore, but David made that speech about how they are both people. Grumpy is Leroy and vice verse and so on. They are both. The good and the bad. The meek and the courageous. The heroes and the grounded. Remember how they all found it difficult to live without the modern technology when the power supply was out? They could barely remember what it was like to live back in the EF without such mod cons. They got so used to life in the real world in Storybooke. But they were still both people. They learned to adjust to being both and they learned from being that other person. Charming certainly learnt a lot from being the David he was before the curse was broken. So I don't think Snow should shut out Mary Margaret out completely. After all, even though Regina has put the Evil Queen past behind her, she still has that same tenacity and sass. I think a very small part of the Evil Queen will live on within her, but with the goodness she had before she became the Evil Queen at the centre.

Ok, back on to the rest of the episode....um...lets see...

Henry bumps into Cruella, who really wants to go back to the living and wants Henry to write her as alive again, throwing the whole making Emma not a murderer anymore into the mix to tempt him to agree. Very clever writing making magical objects that can also make it into the underworld, the pen that Henry destroyed making it there because it had unfinished business....very clever. Regina isn't going to be very happy when she finds out Robin had not been carefully watching Henry like he should have. She trusted him to protect him! I guess it wasn't Robin's fault, he didn't know Cruella was going to be there at the Mayor's office. But still! I did miss Cruella though.

And poor Hook. I did not like the cliffhanger. Hades forcing Killian to choose who must be kept in the Underworld if they help another soul escape. This cannot be good. I am starting liking Hades as a villain though! He's sort of similar to the Disney Hades, though maybe not with quite as much hilarity.
Old 05-17-2017, 12:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

Aww yes I remember all those episodes well. I was back and forth between Rumple throughout the last few seasons until season 6. He has grown back on me.

Have you read about the actors who play Emma, Charming, Snow, Belle, and Henry on them not returning to the show for season 7?
My LJ
Old 05-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

No, I haven't! Geez, Jenny, I'm not even onto S6 yet, I don't know anything about the plans for S7 and I don't want to know! The less spoilers the better please! But....now you've told me....if that is in fact, true, that would be awful! Core characters, Emma, Snow, Charming and Henry and not to mention Belle not returning to the show but the show to still continue would be utterly pointless! Where would Regina be without Henry?! I can't even begin to say how upset I would be! If they don't want to return, or for other reasons can't return for a 7th season, then they would surely end it. The show would not be the same without them! I can't believe you've put these thoughts into my head! Now you've made me research on Google! And I saw the headlines....couldn't click any further! Got way scared.

Don't worry. I promise I will forgive you....eventually. It might take a while. Maybe until I've seen all of S6. That might not be for another few months. I still love ya. Just, please. I don't want ANY more spoilers, let alone shock news like that! A warning would have been nice, just letting you know for next time.

Last edited by livstevi21; 05-17-2017 at 02:00 PM
livstevi21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ahh I am horrible Im sorry! I thought maybe you may have in the OUAT board or seen it elsewhere.

Ok I promise not to spoiler anymore for you whats going on currently on OUAT. and I know I am heartbroken by the news myself. I can't see any of those characters not on the show.
My LJ
Old 05-22-2017, 01:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Aww, it's ok. Like I said, I promise I'll forgive you. And I only go to the episode threads on the OUAT board that I've just watched, I deliberately don't go to any other threads and go straight to the board guide to find the episode I had watched so I can share my thought on it. And I try very hard not to look up anything OUAT related on Google in case it is spoiler related, or, in my case right now, anything from the second half of S5 and the whole of S6 and the future of the show.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm now on S6! I've almost caught up!

And I do forgive you Jenny!
Old 07-05-2017, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's great, Liv! I try my best to avoid spoilers as well. Often I am not as successful, unless it is like a sneak peek or a poster just posted a link. I am lazy. But the spoiler tags get me every time and if the spoiler is quoted in text form. I can't help myself from reading those. Haha!
a fine mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It's not easy staying away from spoilers!

I'm on S6 now, so not too long until I won't have to worry too much about them. Loving S6 so far, will be watching ep 4 tonight!
Old 07-20-2017, 05:39 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I love this show I am watching the last season right now
One Thing Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

It's just sooooo good.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I'm almost at the end of S6! And OMG, the last episode I watched "Song in your Heart" was AWESOME. I can't stop listening to the songs.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I am loving S7 so far. Need to add the new characters to the OP!
Reply   Post New Thread