-----and all of this wild joy
→ Jessica | creative dream
Old 01-25-2013, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

x
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 01-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Those pictures are great there is a wonderful brightness of colour to them.

Brave itself is an amazing film, I adored the relationship between Merida and her mother, I was in tears at the cinema, I cried like a baby

It seemed to take quite a twist on the usual Disney stories, but I guess Pixar always does that.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This movie was very colorful

Old 01-31-2013, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

^That's beautiful

Me and my wild boy
Old 01-31-2013, 05:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

Lovely gifset.

The scenery to the film was beautiful, makes me want to visit Scotland and ride a horse like Angus through the glen (I think they use the word glen anyway ).
Old 01-31-2013, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really like the temple circle. The movie really did have gorgeous scenery.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

So I just watched Brave, can't believe it took me so long to see Pixar's latest film. I loved it, of course, I had pretty high expectations for this movie considering that I love all their movies except for Cars (I thought it was OK, but I didn't love it). However, I didn't think the story of Brave really matched up to quite the same standard as some of their other previous offerings, particularly with Up and Toy Story 3 and for that reason I felt that this movie was a little too short. It wasn't big like all the other stories. That doesn't mean that's a bad thing though, by any means. It's very different, but good different.

I loved the setting of the Scottish Highlands, that in itself, for any animation, is very original. The animation of the Highlands was absolutely stunning, it was a very accurate depiction of the landscape. One could tell that the animation team went to Scotland to research it. I think that was what I loved about the movie most, along with all the Scottish accents, (Merida exclaiming ''Jings, crivens, help ma boab'' was a particular highlight of mine) and I loved their depiction of the Scottish Highland games. My mother's family is of Scottish heritage and she read two Scottish story strips, The Broons and Oor Wullie growing up, and with which I also have a lot of affection for. Getting the annuals of these every Christmas is a tradition we have held up for well over a decade now and we will continue to do so. So those classic Scottish traditions and words was definitely the highlight of this movie for me.

I liked the story, I loved Merida's character and her hair. She realised how selfish and wrong she was to try and change her mother, (though I could understand her anger at her mother for controlling her life so much) and her mother realised how much she was controlling her daughter's life and soon decides to let her daughter let her choose her own destiny and life that she deserved. I liked that dynamic between mother and daughter and was glad to see them bond again at the end of the movie. My only gripe that while this is a touching story, there really isn't much else to it, not in the way other Pixar films have laid out their stories. It was way too short, even though for 93 minutes, which is about the average time for a Pixar movie. That's just my opinion, though.

Another thing I loved about this movie was the music. The music was beautiful, I love the Scottish influences. I will definitely be watching this movie more than once!

Last edited by livstevi21; 02-01-2013 at 09:22 AM
Old 02-03-2013, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the video

Me and my wild boy
Old 02-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

I agree with you Liv, both the good and not so good things about the film.

I was pleased to see a mother daughter relationship evolve. But I feel there could have been some more to the film, like you said.

It was beautiful and is one of my favourites. The hair was wonderfully done, really impressive! It has made me want to visit Scotland again .
Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The woman who does the voice of Merida sounds like a little girl. I actually love her voice. Thanks for the video.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeunleashed (View Post)
I agree with you Liv, both the good and not so good things about the film.

I was pleased to see a mother daughter relationship evolve. But I feel there could have been some more to the film, like you said.

It was beautiful and is one of my favourites. The hair was wonderfully done, really impressive! It has made me want to visit Scotland again .
Totally.

It made me want to visit Scotland again too. The last time I went was nearly 7 years ago, to Inverness!
Old 02-04-2013, 01:21 PM
Part-Time Fan

She does have a lovely voice, Scottish voices can be nice to listen to. Unless they are really strong .

Last time I went to Scotland I was under 10 so hardly remember! I know I visited the Loch Ness It's just so beautiful though. Lovely to see a Disney movie set there. Makes a change, I can't think of many films set there other than Braveheart!
Old 02-05-2013, 05:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I visited Loch Ness too. Very beautiful.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Both Scottish, Irish, and British accents are lovely. I agree if the accent is really strong sometimes you can't understand them, and things sound really off. One of our doctors here is from Nigeria and his accent is thick. If you really listen to him you can understand, but you really have to focus or you just might miss what he's saying entirely.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread