Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

The 10th Kingdom (2000) #1 - "Suck an elf!"

Summary

Two centuries after Snow White and Cinderella had their adventures, the Nine Kingdoms ready themselves for the coronation of Prince Wendel, Snow White's grandson, to the throne of the Fourth Kingdom. But an evil once-queen has freed herself from prison, and turns the prince into a golden retriever. Wendel, by means of a magic mirror, escapes into a hitherto-unknown Tenth Kingdom (modern day New York City) and meets Virginia and her father Tony. Pursued by trolls, cops, and a wolf in man's form, the three blunder back into the Nine Kingdoms and begin their adventures to restore Wendel to his human form and throne, and find the magic mirror that will take Tony and Virginia back home, all the while unknowing that Virginia already has a connection to the Nine Kingdoms that may prove deadly before we reach Happily Ever After.

Quotes

Wolf: Don't worry, I'm not who I used to be. I've had extensive therapy. I realize that I have been using food as a substitute for love and I have the books to prove it - "Breaking the Cycle", "Heal Yourself in 7 Days", "Stop Blaming Yourself, Please", and "Help for the Bedwetting Child", which I picked up by mistake.

Virginia: I have a hard time trusting people. I just never want to jump unless I'm sure somebody is going to catch me.
Wolf: I'll catch you. And if I miss for any reason, I'll sit by your bedside and nurse you back to health.

Snow White: Hello, Virginia. You look tired.
Virginia: Are you dead?
Snow White: Well, yes. I think you'd have to say so. I'm more into the whole fairy-godmother, occasional-appearance thing now.

Wolf: I picked up your trail a few days ago.
Virginia: But how? We went through a mountain.
Wolf: Virginia, I could follow your scent across time itself.

Tony: All right! Enough! I have a question! What is the point in having a door that has a horrible death behind it? Huh?
[picks up frog]
Frog: Get your hands off me!
Tony: What does that achieve?
Frog: What are you doing?
Tony: What is the purpose of your life? Just to be a pain?
Frog: Don't touch me there, only my girlfriend touches me there!
[Tony throws the frog through one of the doors]
Frog: WHOA!
[Tony slams the door, there's a large explosion and fireball]
Wolf: I guess it's the other one.

Cast

Kimberly Williams .... Virginia Lewis
Scott Cohen .... Wolf
John Larroquette .... Anthony 'Tony' Lewis
Dianne Wiest .... The Evil Queen/Christine Lewis
Camryn Manheim .... Snow White
Ann-Margret .... Queen Cinderella
Ed O'Neill .... Relish the Troll King
Rutger Hauer .... Huntsman
Dawnn Lewis .... Blabberwort the Troll
Hugh O'Gorman .... Burly the Troll
Daniel Lapaine .... Prince Wendell White/Golden Retriever Dog (voice)
Jeremiah Birkett .... Blue Bell the Troll
Warwick Davis .... Acorn
Kim Thomson .... Queen Riding Hood III
Lucy Whybrow .... Leaf Fall, Elf Queen

I really loved this mini tv movie series. It was so cute and funny. I loved Wolf the most. He always made me laugh or feel sorry for him. Im glad that him and Virginia got together at the ending.

Anyone else see this wonderful film?
My LJ

Last edited by AutumnColorsღ; 12-17-2014 at 09:22 PM
AutumnColorsღ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved this mini sereis. I remember it was my freshman year in highschool when it came on and i would watch it while i was trying to do my homework. I had it on tape but it was getting pretty worn down from showing other people and watching it myself so I went out and bought it last christmas at blockbuster. Wolf was my fav charactor I have to say.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
BleedingBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yay, Im glad Im not the only one that liked it. I totally agree, Wolf is my favorite also. He is so cute and funny.

Any favorite scene of yours?

Mine would have to be the scene where Wolf is going to propose to Virginia at the resturant and they kiss but then they get in a agrument and I felt so bad for Wolf.
My LJ
Old 03-31-2005, 08:42 PM
Part-Time Fan

oh my gosh! i love this movie!! i have it on VHS now (well, by "have it" i mean... stole it from my aunt...lol!)

favorite scene? it would probably have to be when the Troll's are dancing to "Saturday Night Fever"... cracks me up everytime
Old 03-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg I totally forgot I made a thread for this movie cause I know it wouldnt be too popular but yay I am so happy that someone else likes it besides me and Jules.
My LJ
Old 03-31-2005, 10:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

I really loved this movie. I remember seeing it when I was 8th grade. I actually just ordered the dvd 2 days ago. I can't wait to get it!

My favorite character is Wolf. I loved him.
~*~Paola~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Oh my gosh! This is one of my most favorite movies ever! I looove this!

I got it on tape when it first came out and I have watched it at least 6 times all the way through.

I use to have weekends where I would have a 10th kingdom marathon with myself. And watch the whole thing.

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!

Wolf was my favorite he's so hot.
Dark Half Undine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

This is absolutely one of my all-time favourite mini-series! I love Wolf! He was great! I think I enjoy the series so much because of its dark twist to the classic 'happily ever after' fairy tales....it's nice to know not everything was really perfect in each of the tales.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:10 AM
Loyal Fan

hey my sister owns this movie! I never seen it before but I might check it out

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Nightcrawler21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Ooo John you should see it, its pretty good even for a guy.
My LJ
Old 04-02-2005, 10:26 PM
Loyal Fan

well if you put if that way then okay, I will give it a watch. How long is the movie anyway?

Ben: This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth. -NOTLD
-John-
Old 04-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Im glad you are going to give it a shot Um I would say about 6 close to 7 hours the most.
My LJ
Old 04-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Loyal Fan

well I just started to watch it last night and am at the part where they are at the seven dwarfs house

-John-
Old 04-03-2005, 08:32 PM
Passionate Fan

I remember watching this with my sisters. We have the DVD and it was freaking LONG, but we spent the whole day watching it. It was kind of lame, but sort of funny. Some of the acting is ridiculous though -- either just BAD or overdramatic.

I always wished they made a sequel though, just so I could see what happened.
mh67511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

lol well thanks for your input of the movie. I suppose not everyone is going to like the film
My LJ
Reply   Post New Thread