Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2023, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Purple and blue sound ****ing awesome. I personally prefer a darker, royal purple. Is that the purple you're referencing or like a lavendar/pastel purple?
Old 09-19-2023, 06:50 PM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by GardenSirens (View Post)
And colors, I'm not saying like BLACK or anything that dark, definitely hurts the eyes so I get that. Just the blue and redish we have now just I don't like. I'm not even sure what to suggest because I dont' know what's available.
No one said you did say black. In the past we used to have dark boards where the posting areas would be dark with light writing. This is what we no longer do which is what I was referring to. You said white backgrounds hurt your eyes so I was informing you that anything currently white will not be changed as those areas remain consistently white across all boards now.

As for what you can suggest:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinebrighterxx (View Post)
Are there any colours we should avoid?
Any colour schemes which are bright, neon, predominately red or black, harsh, or dark. Colour schemes can have these in them and still be usable, it is only when there is a large amount of these shades that the end result will become harsh on the eyes. If you are unsure on a colour scheme please don't hesitate to check with us. This guide may also help you determine what are good and bad colours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me and the sky (View Post)
When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the Color Palettes or Coolors websites.
So basically any colour out there you can suggest. We will let you know if they are any concerns for them being too vibrant or dark. Colour schemes can include dark &/or vibrant colours, they will just be used minimally within the customisation or may only appear in the. graphic.

If you would like we can also design a colour scheme suggestion for you based on the comments in here :)
The purples in the colour scheme I suggested may work for you. Just with blue shades instead of the orange ones.

Chelle » join GTmy articon
Old 09-19-2023, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

You didn't say black, but I just said F that. I've noticed that when I read articles on websites with black backgrounds and white wording, I can see dark lines when I look away which is kind of frightening haha. I love the idea of the purple and blue. That second row of "ideal" colors (or colours for you brits lol) all look awesome. I'll let the rest of the class chime in on it, but those sound/look amazeballs.
Old 09-19-2023, 11:28 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad some are happy with purple and blue. I don't mind if it's purple or lavender, I guess whichever looks the best with blue lol. I forgot about dogs, if it were up to me I would love Pongo and Perdita, but I'm also fine with a dalmatian puppy or Lady and the Tramp (With their infamous spaghetti scene) I think they're all good options.
Old 09-20-2023, 12:29 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

I don't know if the spaghetti scene would translate due to how small they'd be in the graphic . We might be able to get the heads with the spaghetti between but I'm not sure if you'd see the spaghetti. But most would know it is there, knowing the scene. It would be a cute addition if you do wish to go down that path over a Dalmatian.

Still looking at this image to get those purples I had before & some inspiration for blues... how would you feel about something like this or this? Both of those would be more a purple board with blue for highlight areas like links & buttons. Then the dark purple/blue shades (probably more the Prussian Blue than the Rich Black) for bars. That would give a darker & possibly warmer feel. There is also less contrast in the colours compared to what you've got now. If you'd rather more of a blue board with purple as the highlight areas maybe you'd like something like this? If you like the 'ideal colours' colours then you might like something like this too (those colours are very similar though, so would give you less contrast in the different areas which could be hard to look at)
If you do like any of those but are concerned about the darker shades I can look at lightening them. Another alternative would be to look at keeping those darker shades to the graphic only, or using them for buttons &/or links. Playing a little more this might be more softer & we could go with either a blue board with purple highlights or a purple board with blue highlights with that colour scheme. You could even have a mix & match where both colours could be used all around (if that makes sense).

Quote:
I guess whichever looks the best with blue
Most shades of purple & blue go well together, since purple is made using blue. They compliment each other well. But when you start bringing the blue closer to a teal shade & the purple closer to a pink/red shade they may not work as well together. Speaking of... give me a little bit & I'll put together some other colour scheme examples with blues & purples further away from each other on the spectrum
ETA: This is something more with blue/aqua shades with the purples if you want to move away from the blue blues
The possibilities are endless really. You could even do a bit of mixing & matching & take some of the aqua blues & the more blue blues combined with purple if you wanted.

Of course you also don't have to go with any of the colour schemes I just put together. There's a lot of different shades of blue & shades of purple out there. You might wish to explore these blue, these purple, these cyan (light blue), these blue, these purple, these cyan & purple, & these blue & purple colour schemes as you might find something you like or inspiration there

Old 09-20-2023, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

English Violet is amazing!!!! What a beautiful shade! And a 101 Dalmatian puppy is cuter, hehe
Old 09-21-2023, 12:37 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

We need at least five colours for a colour scheme

Were there any particular pictures you wanted us to use? Or certain looks for the characters? Or are you happy to leave that up to the team? Leaving it to the team will allow us to look for pictures which will fit with each other & work well for the layout design each individual creator is working with. For their looks I was looking for some pictures & I know at least for the princesses they have changes in outfits but also have had their looks updated over the years. For example the Belle pictures in this collection.

For a general board I would recommend leaving placement up to the team (especially when fitting in quite a few characters), however are there any particular characters you'd like together?

This is the current character list I've got for the team:
Quote:
Please include the following characters in the graphic:
- Walt & Mickey Statue
- Simba (possibly Timon & Pumbaa too if they fit) [The Lion King]
- Belle [Beauty & the Beast]
- Ariel [The Little Mermaid]
- Genie (possibly Aladdin if he fits) [Aladdin]
- Hocus Pocus witches [Hocus Pocus]
- Mulan [Mulan]
- Tiana [The Princess & the Frog]
- Cinderella [Cinderella]
- Dalmatian Puppy [101 Dalmatians]

These are other suggestions they've made if there is room to add them:
- Jack Skellington &/or Oogie Boogie [A Nightmare Before Christmas]
- Quasimodo [The Hunchback of Notre Dame]
- Toy Story
- Hercules
- Pocahontas [Pocahontas]
- Monsters Inc
- Incredibles
- Pirates of the Caribbean

Old 09-21-2023, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I prefer Belle in her blue gown BEFORE she became a princess.

I will say if no one puts specific photos they want, or more colors than that english purple or whatever it was I liked, I trust y'all to fill in the blanks. That's why you're paid the big bucks!!
Old 09-21-2023, 08:29 PM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

I wish we were paid

Did you (or anyone else if you are all happy to leave the colour scheme up to the team) have a preference for us to focus more on giving you a blue board with purple highlights or a purple board with blue highlights?

Old 09-21-2023, 09:00 PM
Elite Fan

I think I would prefer a purple board with blue highlights. If other colors were brought up, the only other one I can think of is maybe green cause it makes me think of Ariel's mermaid tail. I guess out of everything I offered, I'm good now and said my peace lol.
Old 09-23-2023, 12:36 AM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

^ & you're also happy to leave which shades of blue & purple up to the team?

Just confirming this as the final list of characters for the team:
Quote:
Please include the following characters in the graphic:
- Walt & Mickey Statue
- Simba (possibly Timon & Pumbaa too if they fit) [The Lion King]
- Belle [Beauty & the Beast] (One person voted to use Belle's blue outfit)
- Ariel [The Little Mermaid]
- Genie (possibly Aladdin if he fits) [Aladdin]
- Hocus Pocus witches [Hocus Pocus]
- Mulan [Mulan]
- Tiana [The Princess & the Frog]
- Cinderella [Cinderella]
- Dalmatian Puppy [101 Dalmatians]

These are other suggestions they've made if there is room to add them:
- Jack Skellington &/or Oogie Boogie [A Nightmare Before Christmas]
- Quasimodo [The Hunchback of Notre Dame]
- Toy Story
- Hercules
- Pocahontas [Pocahontas]
- Monsters Inc
- The Incredibles
- Pirates of the Caribbean
For the other suggestions were there any particular characters you wanted to see? I presume Woody & maybe Buzz for Toy Story, Hercules for Hercules, Sulley & Mike for Monsters Inc, Mr. Incredible for The Incredibles, & maybe Jack Sparrow for Pirates of the Caribbean? Or are you happy to leave it up to the team to pick who they include if they include something from those films? For The Incredibles we might even be able to work in the 'i' symbol from their costumes so it isn't a character but they're still represented. For Pirates of the Caribbean there's a couple of characters who appear across the movies but Jack Sparrow I think is the main? I've never seen them though, just parts of them. I might've seen one. But I was also thinking a Pirate Ship in general could be a better representation as that is open ended & could represent other things too.

Old 09-23-2023, 02:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

For the other suggestions were there any particular characters you wanted to see? I presume Woody & maybe Buzz for Toy Story, Hercules for Hercules, Sulley & Mike for Monsters Inc, Mr. Incredible for The Incredibles, & maybe Jack Sparrow for Pirates of the Caribbean? Or are you happy to leave it up to the team to pick who they include if they include something from those films? For The Incredibles we might even be able to work in the 'i' symbol from their costumes so it isn't a character but they're still represented. For Pirates of the Caribbean there's a couple of characters who appear across the movies but Jack Sparrow I think is the main? I've never seen them though, just parts of them. I might've seen one. But I was also thinking a Pirate Ship in general could be a better representation as that is open ended & could represent other things too.
I like all of these ideas for character choices
Old 09-23-2023, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Quote:
I wish we were paid

Did you (or anyone else if you are all happy to leave the colour scheme up to the team) have a preference for us to focus more on giving you a blue board with purple highlights or a purple board with blue highlights?
purple with blue highlights!!

We should replace Cinderella with Jack Skellington. No one likes Cinderella. She's a gold digger, haha.
Old 09-23-2023, 02:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Say what Matt?

I think you have her confused with the stepsisters

I like Cinderella personally

Personally I would like to have at least 2 older pre-Renaissance era characters besides Mickey
Old 09-23-2023, 02:52 PM
Graphics Team Manager
the fight never ends

Matt you are the only person who has mentioned anything about including characters from Nightmare Before Christmas which is why they are not on the must have list. Cinderella was mentioned by multiple people which is why she is included there.

Who else are you thinking Allison?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread