Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Moderator Support Team

Aladdin #10: Oi! Ten thousand years will give you such a crick in the neck. ~Genie

Welcome to the

Appreciation Thread

the story ;
1992: Aladdin, a street-smart young thief in the mythical city of Agrabah meets and falls in love with the Sultan's beautiful daughter,
Jasmine, a liberated young lady who seeks to escape her present lifestyle. Help comes when the evil vizier, Jafar, plots to get a magic
lamp for his own rise to power, and decides he needs Aladdin, a true "diamond in the rough," to seek the lamp in the Cave of Wonders.
Aladdin and his friend, the monkey Abu, gain the lamp and the wisecracking Genie inside for themselves. The Genie changes Aladdin
into a prince so he can woo the princess, but the deception fails to impress Jasmine. As his true self, however, he uses his cunning and
courage, with the help of the Genie, to defeat Jafar and his evil plans, in the end earning a princely title and the princess.

movie history ;
The idea of adapting the Aladdin story as a Disney animated musical was first proposed by Howard Ashman in 1988 when he and Alan
Menken were still working on "The Little Mermaid." He wrote an initial treatment and collaborated on six songs with Menken, including
"Arabian Nights," "Friend Like Me," and "Prince Ali." After Ashman's death in 1991, Tim Rice came on board to write some additional
songs, notably "One Jump Ahead" and "A Whole New World." The art directors were influenced by Persian miniatures and Arabian
calligraphy. Supervising animator Eric Goldberg, who created the Genie, was the first animator to work on the project. He was heavily
influenced by the curved, fluid caricature style of artist Al Hirschfeld.

The film became the highest-grossing animated film up to that time, earning over $200 million internationally. The film also won Academy
Awards® for Best Song ("A Whole New World") and Best Original Score. The video release in 1993 also set records.

Directed by John Musker and Ron Clements. Starring: the
voices of Scott Weinger (Aladdin), Robin Williams (Genie), Jonathan Freeman (Jafar), Linda Larkin (Jasmine speaking), Lea Salonga
(Jasmine singing), and Gilbert Gottfried (Iago). 90 min. There were two made-for-video sequels: "The Return of Jafar" and "Aladdin and
the King of Thieves."

previous threads:
9 / 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1

Last edited by livstevi21; 05-20-2019 at 07:51 AM
Old 06-10-2018, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread!
I am an original”
Old 06-12-2018, 06:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

TFTNT Jen!

OP to be worked on.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

My favorite character in these movies was always Abu or the Genie. I loved their personality.
I am an original”
Old 06-12-2018, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

i added the previous threads to the OP
Old 06-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for doing that!
I am an original”
Old 06-13-2018, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Thanks for that Jen!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have not watched Aladdin in a long time, but I love it.
I am an original”
Old 06-13-2018, 10:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

When Aladdin debuted in 1992 I was seven years old and I was just having my first surgery and I remember going to The Disney Store the day before my operation and my mom had bought me my first piece of Aladdin merchandise which was an Aladdin coin purse and it was the first time I had heard of Aladdin later for Christmas while I was recovering from my surgery I got my Aladdin and Jasmine dolls and I still have them today. When I saw Aladdin for the first time I was surprised that it would be a huge hit and I could relate to the character Princess Jasmine because like Jasmine was in the movie I dislike being stuck at home and want to go out to places sometimes. I thought Rajah was the perfect best friend for Jasmine because even though Rajah is a tiger he really understood Jasmine's feelings. I also liked Aladdin because he is independent and a strong character and he had to face all sorts of obstacles in order to meet Princess Jasmine. I also liked Aladdin's rooftop home because I thought it was neat that he had a cool and secret place without no one bothering him except for the guards of course and I thought Aladdin's rooftop home was nicely decorated too with dozens of soft pillows that made up his bed and I have always wanted to decorate my bed like that because it looks so nice. I think part of the reason why Aladdin was a hit at the box office in 1992 was because of the late Robin Williams and he was delightful as the voice of The Genie and it's no secret that Aladdin is considered one of the classic Disney films and one of the films that everyone can watch and with the sequels The Return Of Jafar and Aladdin And The King Of Thieves and the Aladdin cartoon series I think Disney planned to make Aladdin their biggest empire of the 90's and it proved that Disney could make movies that would be hits for all ages
Amapola
Old 06-14-2018, 11:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

that is cool you still have the dolls from when you were a kid.

yeah robin williams did a great job as the voice of the genie. he had such a great outgong personality to make that character really come alive. i always loved this movie too and the music was so great in it too

ps. i added a gifset to the OP.
what do you think?

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 06-14-2018 at 11:35 AM
Old 06-14-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I love it!
Old 06-14-2018, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love it as well!

I love that you still have your dolls from a kid. I still have my abu and Genie stuffed animal from the Disney store as well. My parents bought them for us when I was six.
I am an original”
Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

That's sweet.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

very cool colleen
Old 06-15-2018, 08:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

On my Spotify musical playlist on the way home from work today, Arabia Nights from the broadway came out...i sang my ass off!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread