Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Banned

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], I've wacthed it with my sister. And I look at him no differnt.

[img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img]Ellen
Old 07-23-2003, 01:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

did your sister have a shocked look when that scene came on? if i were to watch it with my sis her mouth would drop open, she would blush, & then she'd never be able to look at ewan the same way. but i want to watch it with her anyway. & velvet goldmine.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:06 PM
Banned

She was laughing, actaully, but not at ewan, at spud being asleep.

Old 07-23-2003, 08:34 PM
Absolute Fan

If I were to watch it with my brother, he'd probably be like 'ok, fastforward' because we watch tons of movies and just skip parts like that. I don't know, I just don't like it.

Rach
Old 07-23-2003, 09:01 PM
Banned

he's problay uncofterble with it, or you would be.

Old 07-23-2003, 09:18 PM
Absolute Fan

It's not just when I'm watching movies with him, it's when I'm watching movies by myself, too. My virgin eyes might be scarred! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 07-23-2003, 09:44 PM
Banned

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img], how many Ewan movies have you seen? Any with him naked?

Old 07-23-2003, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

The only time I am slightly embarassed with nude scenes in movies is when I am watching a movie with my mom. If I know it has a nude scene, I will not watch it with her. If it's a quickie, then it's not so bad. My mom is funny though. She'll yell out "Whoo baby!" or something like that [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I think in a way, Trainspotting has a good message. It lets people know what drugs will do to you. It also helps people understand how difficult it can be to try and quit, but that it is possible.

Make Love, Not War
Stefanie
Old 07-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Banned

Yeah, I love the truth behind it.

Old 07-24-2003, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by Nini Legs in the Air:
<STRONG>She was laughing, actaully, but not at ewan, at spud being asleep.

[img]smilies/flowers.gif[/img]Ellen</STRONG>
oh yea Spud is funny. especially when he wakes up in the morning. My 2 favs are Mark & Begbie though. Begbie is a wacko.

I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley with my mom and sister. Jude's ass is shown but neither of us cared. I think if there's a quick nude scene then they wouldn't care but if there was a nude scene with sex involved they wouldn't want to watch it. So I'd definitely never ever watch Trainspotting with my mom.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:53 PM
Banned

Yeah, me either. And Begbie is insane.

Old 07-26-2003, 12:57 PM
Absolute Fan

I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley with my mom, dad, and brother when I was about 13 [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] But my family isn't bothered by a little 'man-butt' as we like to call it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

But today I'm watching Trainspotting because my family's gone. w007.

Rach
Old 07-26-2003, 03:18 PM
Absolute Fan

. . .

[img]smilies/jaw_drop.gif[/img]

That movie.... that was like... Fight Club and Snatch rolled into one film, with some heroin sprinkled on top... freakin' insane... but so incredibly good. I have a ton of thoughts on just random things about the movie, but bear with me:

* the pure Scottish, kind of low-class accents... wowness. Ewan [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Oh man. I love the way he says ****e. But I have to admit, I had to really pay attention to what people were saying, except for Renton because I could understand him [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

* When Renton finds out about Diane... bwahahaa... flatmates... oh gosh.

* Spud flinging the crap all over the Houston's. EWWWWWWWW

* Ok, may I just say that Ewan + tight pants = ... well, something beyond words.

* Renton's obviously sexy, but the shame is that he ruins it all with his addiction. Heroin is decisively not sexy, in my opinion. I think that was kind of one of the things this film showed really well.

* When the baby dies... so emotionally draining and intense.

* Oh yeah, and the way the film opens. The monologue and how it just bursts into the first scene. That was so freakin' awesome. Danny Boyle's amazing.

* Oh Renton's earring... I liked it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

* The blood when Renton injects himself. It was like a pain you could feel. Not the actual injection, but like... the torture of everything he was going through.

* When Renton finally bottoms out and is at his parents, being foreced to get clean. The withdrawl is horrible, but what I found more sad was that his room still looks like that of a teenager. It just made me see how he's really just this young guy who's totally throwing his life away. That was one of the most intense segments in any movie I've ever seen.

* The fact that Tommy, who was clean and strong, was the one to waste away... really sad. Shows kind of how it could happen to anyone.

* It takes so much for Renton to escape his old life. He tries to move on but just keeps getting sucked back in. Even when the guys think they're happy, they are in really awful states of despair.

* When everything comes to an end, and all the guys are mooching off Renton, and everyone ends up just exploding at each other (especially Begbie)... I just realised, these guys are absolutely not friends. They just shared in misery.

* When Renton tries the heroin for his 'friends', I just wanted to scream 'NOOOOOOO!'

* Will Renton really be able to change? I guess I could know if only I read the sequel, eh? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But really I'm not sure I want to know. I mean, you like to think that he can, but it really seems like he's done nothing to prove himself so far. It's dismal. It's like he's just sunk himself too far into despair. I definitely think this movie showed how abysmal a drug addiction really is, and how it's not glamorous. It just turns everything really filthy and wretched and the people involved can't seem to escape. It portrayed this better than I've ever seen this kind of thing portrayed in any media before

On a final note, though... it was also funny in parts [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] mixed funny things with starkly contrasting drama, which I always find a great, realistic portrayal. Anyway, my favourite lines were:

Sick Boy: For a vegetarian, Rent, you're a ****ing evil shot

and

Renton: He's lacking in moral fiber.
Mother Superior: He knows a lot about Sean Connery
Renton: That's hardly a substitute

[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

Having seen almost all the Bond films, I cracked up at all the references.

Overall, wow. What an intense, amazingly directed, amazingly written, amazingly acted movie. This has even raised my respect and love for Ewan more, if that's possible. I just can't fathom it. How can he play such starkly different characters! He's incredible. Gosh, I love him. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]

Rach
Old 07-27-2003, 03:09 PM
Absolute Fan

... and this, my friends, is what happens when a film buff sees a movie like this [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I think I managed to kill the whole board!

Rach
Old 07-27-2003, 05:01 PM
Extreme Fan

Rachel I'm glad you liked it!!

You highlighted great parts of the movie, and some truly tragic ones.

Watch it again, you'll love it even more!!