Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Oops, I was confusing December Boys with Wonder Boys. I have never seen the former, only the latter.

I am fully addicted to SOA. Glad that Netflix has the first 3 seasons so I can catch up with most of it. Still waiting for Netflix to come out with Season 4 of Breaking Bad, too.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Is Wonder Boys good?

oh good, so when s4 of SOA is put on Netflix I can watch it there.
People call Breaking Bad the best show on TV. Is it really that good?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Elite Fan

Wonder Boys is very good, actually.

Breaking Bad is definitely ONE OF the best shows on TV, but I don't know if I'd say its THE best. That is so hard to say, because the TV tide is always turning. Great shows come and go. I think that Game of Thrones is currently "the best show on TV" and before that I'd have to say that FNL was probably the best. Fringe is also somewhere on the top of the list. It's all subjective though...
Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Every time I hear Wonder Boys I think the plot is about Wonder Bread

Game of Thrones is a show I need to catch up on. And people on LJ are raving about Downtown Abby, so now my interest has increased.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

I can assure you that Wonder Boys has absolutely nothing to do with Wonder bread.

GoT is AMAZING. Please please please catch up with it (only 10 episodes in season 1) so that we can gush about it together!

I have been hearing great things about Downtown Abbey as well. Strange, considering its a PBS show. Not the sort of thing people usually rave about, but my curiosity is piqued.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I can assure you that Wonder Boys has absolutely nothing to do with Wonder bread.
Hollywood will make a movie about Wonder bread when they are really desperate for ideas.

When does season 2 of GOT start?

and Downtown Abbey has HBIC Maggie Smith in it.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Hollywood is desperate for ideas right now. "Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Missing Wonder Bread" should be in theaters shortly.

GoT comes back in April, I think.

Maggie Smith is one tough cookie! But, I don't know, Downtown Abbey doesn't sound very appealing to me. I wonder why everyone is so head over heals for it.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
"Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Missing Wonder Bread" should be in theaters shortly
I want a piece of that money pie.

Oh good, April is plenty of time to catch up. Though I said I'd watch Once and I didn't. Is the show still good despite that character being killed off?

The only thing I know about DA is that it takes place during WWI which I feel is an interesting time period.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydreams (View Post)
Hollywood is desperate for ideas right now. "Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Missing Wonder Bread" should be in theaters shortly.

Maybe people love Downtown Abby the way they loved the BBC Pride and Prejudice.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel like the English entertainment industry always produces better movies/tv shows than Hollywood.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Elite Fan

^Definitely better TV shows. The UK versions of Skins, Being Human and Shameless are all patiently waiting on my netflix queue. I have heard they are the superior version of each series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Oh good, April is plenty of time to catch up. Though I said I'd watch Once and I didn't. Is the show still good despite that character being killed off?
Eh... there has only been one new episode since. It was OK, but that was mostly because it revolved around Rumpelstiltskin's backstory. I will keep watching for a while, but I can see it eventually losing my interest if it doesn't pick up.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Have you watched Misfits?

Quote:
t revolved around Rumpelstiltskin's backstory. I will keep watching for a while, but I can see it eventually losing my interest if it doesn't pick up.
Is Rumple not interesting?

Oh no, I like fast paced shows. The reason why I don't like Secret Circle too much is because I feel enough of the backstory hasn't been revealed. AND most of the characters haven't been developed enough.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

@ Rumple.

Shameless was a UK show first? Didn't know that.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

the full name is too long and too difficult to spell, so I have renamed him Rumple.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Was the tale that she had to guess his name to win or that she had to spell it correctly?

I think she had to guess his name so he wouldn't take her first born....
Closed Thread   Post New Thread