Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-29-2021, 09:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

No I have to hear the show.

So artistic! Poetry and glass.
Old 01-30-2021, 12:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse (View Post)
Thanks

Found a pottery show on Channel4 I want to give a try.
Speaking of British shows, a couple of weeks ago I was shown a pilot of a show called Ghosts and then invited to participate on a panel via Zoom to discuss it. It's an American version of this British sitcom. I liked the premise of the show. Let's see how it does here when/if it comes out.

Have you seen that this Jeopardy guest host has a new sitcom based on a British sitcom? Ha, she's the American Miranda! I can totally see her as the Miranda type. Let's see when she gets with her American Lucifer.
Old 01-30-2021, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I was shown a pilot of a show called Ghosts and then invited to participate on a panel via Zoom to discuss it
Cool How did you get involved in it?

It does sound like an interesting premise. Hopefully it translates well to American screens.

I keep seeing the Amy show advertised on tv when watching Parodical Son, but haven't checked it out.

Quote:
Let's see when she gets with her American Lucifer.
They should get Tom Ellis to play the role.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Cool How did you get involved in it?

It does sound like an interesting premise. Hopefully it translates well to American screens.

I keep seeing the Amy show advertised on tv when watching Parodical Son, but haven't checked it out.

They should get Tom Ellis to play the role.
It was part of a rewards group I belong to. Get paid for stuff like this, amongst other things. Last year I saw the pilot to Broke months in advanced, and loved it, so when the show came out, I started watching it. My father loves it, too.

I was bored so I gave Mayim's show a shot. It's cute. I liked it. Jim Parsons is an executive producer. And seems like Mayim gets stuck with gay actors as love interests, so Tom Ellis is out. Her Lucifer is Cheyenne Jackson, and he's gay IRL like Jim. Speaking of Jim, I saw season 2 of Staged, and he's in an episode. Ewan conversed with Michael Sheen in his appearance, and asked if the writer was anti-Scottish, because he finds David Tennant to be whiny.

What's Parodical Son?

I see Amazon has Miranda streaming for free. I'll watch it through there and stream the two specials on BBC with my VPN later...
Old 02-01-2021, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's cool that you get to watch things early.

Quote:
And seems like Mayim gets stuck with gay actors as love interests, so Tom Ellis is out.
I wonder why Jim Parsons didn't have the actor play a gay character so there can be diverse characters on the show.

Quote:
Ewan conversed with Michael Sheen in his appearance, and asked if the writer was anti-Scottish, because he finds David Tennant to be whiny.
Uh-oh, there's going to be an Obi-wan/Doc Who battle.

Quote:
What's Parodical Son?
It's the show on FOX where Michael Sheen plays a serial killer and his son is Walking Dead Jesus. Michael is the best part of the show.

Quote:
I see Amazon has Miranda streaming for free.
Old 02-01-2021, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have come to realize I watch Prodigal Son for Michael Sheen. Sometimes the cases bore me because I guess the murderer too easily.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I wonder why Jim Parsons didn't have the actor play a gay character so there can be diverse characters on the show.
The old guy is a gay character, so there is already a gay main character.

Quote:
Uh-oh, there's going to be an Obi-wan/Doc Who battle.
That would be epic.

Quote:
It's the show on FOX where Michael Sheen plays a serial killer and his son is Walking Dead Jesus. Michael is the best part of the show.
Oh, Prodigal Son. Duh. It didn't click with Parodical Son. I thought that was some sort of new comedy show.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I have come to realize I watch Prodigal Son for Michael Sheen. Sometimes the cases bore me because I guess the murderer too easily.
And because he looks like he's having so much fun, it makes me smile.

I think the show needs to do a better job of developing non-Whitley characters. I have no emotional attachment to any of Malcolm's co-workers, minus Gil.

Quote:
That would be epic.
Who'd win?

Quote:
Oh, Prodigal Son. Duh. It didn't click with Parodical Son. I thought that was some sort of new comedy show.
Most of the time Prodigal is a comedy.
Old 02-02-2021, 07:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

A dark comedy.

Quote:
And because he looks like he's having so much fun, it makes me smile.

I think the show needs to do a better job of developing non-Whitley characters. I have no emotional attachment to any of Malcolm's co-workers, minus Gil.
He is having fun and that is why we enjoy his character so much.

Totally! We know little about them outside their jobs.
Old 02-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder if it's frustrating for the other actors to not be getting anything juicy or anything that stretches their acting muscle.
Old 02-03-2021, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Who'd win?
I have yet to see Dr. Who yet, so I'll go with the Jedi. This clip always cracks me up, though.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd go with Jedi too. The Force can do a lot of handy stuff.

If only his mom had got that phone call in first.

I can see Phoebe being a future Doctor Who.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I wonder if it's frustrating for the other actors to not be getting anything juicy or anything that stretches their acting muscle.
Yea... the downfall of a procedural and being a supporting character.
Old 02-04-2021, 09:54 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope it's at least good money.

Will be interesting to see who chooses to leave the show in future seasons because they want more to work with.
Old 02-04-2021, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think regulars get paid whether they appear on an episode or not.
I learned that from a BSG podcast.

Quote:
Will be interesting to see who chooses to leave the show in future seasons because they want more to work with.
I agree.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread