Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 08:44 PM
New Fan

Ewan on Jay Leno

March 10, 2005 Ewan will be the guest on Jay Leno. Other guests include Nicole Richie, whom I can't stand so it will be cool to see what Ewan's reaction is to her. Probably he will be cool since he always is. I'm so excited. Stay up and watch!

Be sure to tune in so we can talk all about it!!!

Happy watching. There will be a quiz later, just kidding.

Robin
filmgirl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Ohgod, that was such a wonderful appearance.

The water fight just killed me.

Hee. Then the rattling off of the dog mixes. cockadoodle.

Oh, Ewan.
*reza* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *reza*
The water fight just killed me.
That was great! And all of Ewan's little digs about Jay and him being co-stars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *reza*
March 10, 2005 Ewan will be the guest on Jay Leno. Other guests include Nicole Richie
Wasn't she a guest with him one other time? Or was it Paris? Doesn't matter I lost interest once Ewan was done.
Love Psych and fanfic? Check out Psychfic. It has the best fan fiction I have ever read.
BYtheSEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 01:29 AM
New Fan

What a cutie! He reacted to Nicole Ritchie perfectly, ha ha! Not that it matters in any way whatsoever.

Loved the water fight and chase around the studio.

Also I love that Ewan, unlike any other star I have ever seen, looks at the audience not just glance but looks at them, as indviduals. It is great, it just shows what a great down to earth person he is. Could you tell that?

The Scottish TV show of Ewan playing the French Horn was priceless.

The guys were so funny, I laughed out loud at least 5 times while watching.

He exudes such a natural confidence that is so awesome!

I'm going to see Robots tomorrow and I CAN'T WAIT for The Island.

I also just found out that I might be in London in June and I think that is when he mentioned that he was going to be performing Guys and Dolls. Wouldn't that be just the greatest thing ever?

He wore sexy clothes as usual and had his hair spiked, MY FAV!

Robin
Old 03-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Absolute Fan

Yes, he looked *quite* good

My whole family was watching and just cracking up. You know, you can always tell when talk show hosts and such don't really like their guests. That's obviously not the case with Ewan and Jay Those two are always a hoot. The water fight, oh my gosh

And Jay said he would go to London to see Ewan in Guys and Dolls. At this point I told the TV out loud, "You can sit next to me! Then you can get me in backstage ". Seriously, though, I'm sure Leno will really go. One of the reasons I've always liked him is that he seems like a genuinely nice guy, unlike some late night hosts *cough*Letterman*cough*. It's no wonder he gets on so well with Ewan, because as we all know, Ewan's such a great guy

I just knew Leno would mention something about LWR. You can't get those two together without bringing up motorcycles

You know when Ewan was having trouble talking? Did anyone catch what he was about to say about Michael Bay? That made me laugh, because he was basically suggesting that being around Bay (big action director) for so long had made him less articulate and/or intelligent. That one kind of slipped by

I love how he defended SW. He truly loves the series and it shows in the films. Natalie Portman, for instance, is a good actress but doesn't really get SW. She would have agreed that it's just a summer blockbuster, which is selling it short, and has affected her sub par performance. Hooray for people like Ewan and Hayden who genuinely love the saga.

Rach
Old 03-11-2005, 12:30 PM
New Fan

Man I totally didn't catch that indirect burn on Michael Bay. I really don't like Bay, I think he is a mediocre director, but I'm still excited for the film. That is so funny.

I totally agree that Star Wars IS NOT A "HOLLYWOOD FILM". Ewan was 100% right.

Robin
Old 03-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

OMG that was the BEST interview anyone in history has ever done. I just love the way Ewan acts when he's on Leno and how they interact. everytime he's on, i look forward to it for weeks.

ewan was on with Nicole Richie i think when he promoted BF. she told him she loved VG.

and does anyone else notice everytime ewan is on jay he talks about erections and a penis. i love it

and ewan's description of the island makes me more excited.
Old 03-11-2005, 02:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Anyone have the clip to download? I taped it but it was on a station that I don't really get so it was way fuzzy and black and white.

Shipper of: House&Cameron, Luke&Lorelai, Lex&Lana, Erik&Christine, Captain Gregg&Mrs.Muir, Wolverine&Rogue.
Friendship shipper of: House&Wilson, Rory&Jess

I had tickets to see The Phantom of the Opera stage production, for my first time. My life was complete on September 23rd 2006

ReeMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Try ewanmcgregor.net in a few days, they will undoubtedly have it up soon.

I absolutely loved this appearance. They were a riot. It was funny how Jay Leno showed a clip of Ewan blowing the French horn when he was a kid. Ewan was like "oh no". I did notice when Ewan said doing the Island for 5 months made him inarticulate. And the face he made while saying it was so funny too. He was so adorable and so gorgeous. I was laughing so bad at the waterfight. I totally agree that Nicole Richie is a twit. What's with New York Dogs? Did you see Ewan chuckling at that?

Did anyone else notice that Ewan said he'll be doing Guys and Dolls until Christmas/December? I thought he was only doing it until September.
ewan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

her palm reading was just stupid. She better stay away from ewan or i'll help eve kick her butt. it's not fair that she got to be on with him 2x
Old 03-11-2005, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
and does anyone else notice everytime ewan is on jay he talks about erections and a penis. i love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeMaria
Anyone have the clip to download? I taped it but it was on a station that I don't really get so it was way fuzzy and black and white.
http://www.ewanmcgregor.net/clips/leno_march1005.zip

Sasha
S.A.S.H.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Master Fan

I love how Ewan seemed to keep mocking Nicole throughout her interview, and she didn't even seem to realize it. What an idiot.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for the link, because I cannot see Leno here

I bought my childhood home AND SMASHED IT!!...
...I DESTROYED
the room where my parents had sex
Adrimar_Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 09:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

Sorry, double post

I bought my childhood home AND SMASHED IT!!...
...I DESTROYED
the room where my parents had sex
Adrimar_Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 11:39 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMouse
her palm reading was just stupid. She better stay away from ewan or i'll help eve kick her butt. it's not fair that she got to be on with him 2x
I didn't watch her part, but I'll support Eve in this as well. I love that woman. More importantly, Ewan loves that woman. So back off Richie- your 15 minutes is well beyond over

And if anyone says SW is a Hollywood movie, I would advise them to know ANYTHING about what they're talking about before saying it. SW isn't made in Hollywood. It's not even made in Burbank. Episodes IV, V, VI, and I were filmed at Elstree Studios in London. Episodes II and III were filmed at Fox Sydney, were Moulin Rouge was filmed (same soundstage). These are Lucasfilm productions, Skywalker and THX sound, ILM. It's all George Lucas and Skywalker Ranch in charge, not studios. He made sure to retain those rights back in '77.

Fault him for whatever you like, but there's no denying that the man really doesn't like Hollywood and never has. He never expected to become successful. Now he just has the money to make the types of films he's dreamed of. I can't fault him for that, even if I have disliked the way he's handled some things in the films. But they're minor issues, really.

Why do I make every thread about SW Ewan started it!

Rach