Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2023, 01:23 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
I kinda wish we had seen a bit more of the relationship between father and son. It was an interesting dynamic.
Yeah, thankfully we got the Hobbit movies better than nothing I guess there weren't many chances in the other filmed stuff we got from this world, they're never mentioned, basically

airali_glo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 01:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That's one of the reasons I really I do not understand why Hobbit is harsly critisized or not loved...
Old 08-10-2023, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

The first Hobbit movie drags so much to be fair, but I love the rest!
Old 08-10-2023, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think the fact that 2 films was made into three has altered the pacing and sometimes it feels like there is too much filler. It made sense to expand LOTR into 3 films as there was so much source material, but expanding The Hobbit, and doing very last minute, with a Director that was brought in after preproduction was done, has made it a bit disjointed. Better editing could have fixed some of those issues IMO, but there probably wasn't too much time and energy to really see the whole thing objectively. As well, even in LOTR Peter Jackson, spent a bit too much time on battles rather than the human side of things, but it was far worse in The Hobbit, due the problems outlined above.
Old 08-11-2023, 04:02 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

People I think was going to complain anyway, because the book is really a kid's one and if done in one movie only and with that tone, I bet people wuld have said it was bad because it didn't feel like the LOTR movies vibe and it looked like a different thing.

I think that making three movie was probably more due to money reasons than to tell the story, but still I didn't mind the story being expanded and have "filler". And about the battles...well, unfortunately audience wants to see them I mean general audience, not the Tolkien Super Fan who read all the books and knows them by heart.

Old 08-15-2023, 12:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
NCIS Franchise

Yeah, the dragged out battles were unavoidable

I didn't mind it that much in LOTR, but the Hobbit with the orcs... didn't enjoy it that much...

... the 3 movies kind of made sense, but we could have also seen more of Bilbo's return journey, as he did go around Mirkwood the way home

And yes, people will stay people regardless of Thranduil appearing in ROP - but I would love to see a younger Thranduil, and meet Legolas' mother if given the chance...
Old 08-16-2023, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes I'm not sure if they will go in that direction, but they could.
Old 08-18-2023, 10:19 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Gossip Girl (Max)

Quote:
but I would love to see a younger Thranduil, and meet Legolas' mother if given the chance...
Same, crossing fingers!

Reply   Post New Thread