Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2014, 06:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would still never do it. I would never ask for my peasant self to be able to touch them.
Old 08-04-2014, 07:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Now who's lying to themselves huh Vicki?

Adam remembers me even when I'm not there! I didn't think I stood out that much! And he remembers you even though you never speak to him!

Haha they are still people. I think they get more freaked out if you put them on a pedestal. Some nerves are completely understandable but if you treat them like something other than human, then it gets awkward very quickly.

Yes grabbing and a sense of entitlement is not good. It doesn't matter that you pay to attend the convention. It does not mean you can lay claim to anything. Manners don't cost anything and get you much further than if you went in thinking they owe you something. I've seen it happen quite a lot and it's so bad!
LadyMaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I don't think I'd ever be able to travel the UK to go meet celebs. I've only ever been out of Birmingham once
Old 08-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Part-Time Fan

There are quite a few cons held in Birmingham if you were so inclined to go
Old 08-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

No one good ever turns up though. I usually just go to the anime one's. Second biggest city and we get zilch
Old 08-04-2014, 05:44 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMaia (View Post)
Now who's lying to themselves huh Vicki?

Adam remembers me even when I'm not there! I didn't think I stood out that much! And he remembers you even though you never speak to him!
That's terrifying The poor guy I really must apologise to him.

Quote:
Yes grabbing and a sense of entitlement is not good. It doesn't matter that you pay to attend the convention. It does not mean you can lay claim to anything. Manners don't cost anything and get you much further than if you went in thinking they owe you something. I've seen it happen quite a lot and it's so bad!
I really hate seeing the people that are just plain disrespectful and rude. Having had so many nice moments with people, it's horrific to see it go badly. It's so awkward to be passing seeing them looking uncomfortable, it baffles me why people act like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
No one good ever turns up though. I usually just go to the anime one's. Second biggest city and we get zilch
It depends what you like/who you're wanting to see
Ghost.Of.You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 04:59 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
That's terrifying. The poor guy I really must apologise to him.
For you to do that, you actually have to say words. That's where the white board will come in handy.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

We usually only have vampire diaries conventions, but who watches that really?
Old 08-05-2014, 06:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

I thought a lot of people did.

A lot of cons are held at the NEC there. Me and Vicki went to one last year that had a range of guests.

Athos: I'll punch you so hard, you'll beg me to kick you
Old 08-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMaia (View Post)
For you to do that, you actually have to say words. That's where the white board will come in handy.
I'll work on it
Old 08-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Really? I don't know many here who watch it
Old 08-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

I've been fortunate enough to meet Elijah Wood, John Rhys-Davies, Craig Parker and Lawrence Makoare at various conventions in Sweden. This was 8-9 years ago though, so I can't exactly recall everything, but I do remember that they were all extremely nice. So approachable, down to earth and just plain awesome! This is what I can remember from my encounters:

Elijah thought I was from the States and was blown away when I said I was Swedish. So that was nice, I guess. He signed the photo "Anna, lots of love".

John Rhys-Davies also complimented me on my English and thought I would make an excellent teacher, to which I replied that I had already thought of pursuing that career choice (and I'm currently at uni studying to become a teacher of English-as-a-foreign-language). He signed the photo "To wonderful Anna".

Craig was very impressed when I told him my dad had kindly driven me all the way from the east coast of Sweden to the west coast (where the convention was) to be there, and thanked me so much for coming. He signed the photo "Dear Anna, lots of love".

Lawrence and I had quite a long chat because this was early on in the day and not many fans had arrived yet. He wanted to know how to find the Easter Eggs on the extended edition DVDs because his friends kept asking him where they were, and he had no idea. He signed the photo "To Anna. Best wishes from The Morgul Lord".

Awkward angle, but nice company:

He was tickling my ear, haha!

Such a lovely squeeze, he was:

That height difference!

That's all. I could also have met Billy Boyd and Sean Astin at one of these things, but I wasn't able to go to that particular convention, sadly.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aww thanks for sharing your stories Rhovanion. I love hearing about fan encounters. Your pictures are so pretty too!

Elijah's eyes are ridiculously blue! I mean I knew that already but they look even more intense there!

I think it's so cool that John hit the nail on the head with your career choice. Very perceptive of him

If you have read back in this thread, you will know how highly I think of Craig so I am always thrilled to hear of fan encounters with him. He's so lovely!

I love that you were telling Lawrence how to get to the Easter Eggs. I hope he cracked it in the end His autograph is awesome too!

Great stories

Athos: I'll punch you so hard, you'll beg me to kick you
Old 08-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Elite Fan

Gorgeous photos and great meetings you had there, Anna!

I have to agree with Marissa, Elijah's eyes are popping in your photo!

I hope you get to meet Billy and Sean some day
Old 08-21-2014, 06:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks guys! I'm so happy I had such great experiences with all of them and that they were all just absolute sweethearts. It's not like they had to be. Not all actors who come to these conventions are as polite and approachable as these were.

Yeah Elijah's eyes are just crazy, but beautiful. I can tell you that they were even more blue and popping in real life.