Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2011, 12:36 AM
Elite Fan

Very good way to spend the weekend.
Old 02-21-2011, 02:24 PM
Elite Fan

Weekend was busy for me because it was horse show weekend, I'll see if I can find them this week though.

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

Hopefully you will find them.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:42 AM
Elite Fan

Me too, time escapes me sometimes!

Emilie /My LJ

Icon by MaybeLove
Jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 06:52 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Happens to all of us
Old 03-02-2011, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nad (View Post)
Happens to all of us
yes it does, I still need to look up the pics
looking at the stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Fan Encounter - Craig Parker

Vicki made me do it I swear.

So this thread is going to see a lot of activity again because my silly goose of an adopted sister made me aware of it (Thanks Vicki, now I'm going to get kicked off here for annoying everyone )

So far I have met 4 LOTR actors (I think) and 7 of the dwarf actors from The Hobbit in the space of a year. You could say that I have a lot of stories to tell

As mentioned in the Craig Parker/Haldir thread, meeting him was probably one the best fan encounters simply because I have admired him for so long and he was amazing to me. When I am having a bad day, I remember how awesome he was and it cheers me up.

So I met him at London Film and Comic Con 2012. He was announced a week out of the con and so I found myself going into work the next day and literally begging my boss for time off. Thankfully my boss was such a dude and he gave me the Saturday off without any fuss. Honestly, I could have kissed him - but I didn't. Employment tribunals aren't my thing.

Arrived at the venue on the Saturday and immediately bought my photoshoot and autograph tickets with Craig. He usually has a long line because he spends time talking to people so I was waiting for a while. As I got closer to the front, the woman behind me tapped me on the shoulder and asked if I was OK. Apparently I had gone very white and looked like I was about to faint (not proud of it) She reassured me and told me that he was such a lovely guy and he would put me at ease. She had met him eight times already. Then she asked if I would like her to take photos on my camera of me and him together. I gratefully accepted and gave her the camera, thinking she would only take one or two snapshots. Turned out that she photographed our whole meeting - which was so nice of her!

Meeting Craig - quite an experience. I was a nervous wreck and he is just so genuinely friendly and bubbly. He introduced himself with a handshake and asked my name. I was speaking in whispers I was so nervous. However I somehow found the nerve to tell him that I was quiet because I was trying so hard not to fan girl over him. He found this highly amusing and reassured me that I was being very cool. As he signed my picture, I told him that I had been watching his shows since I was 8. He looked so shocked and asked me if 'he was really worth it.' This is where I showed the most spirit when I replied with a very indignant 'YES!' He then went on to say that he thought he wasn't very good in most of his projects and that he was probably drunk in most of them. I said that if that was how he acted when he was drunk, he must be breathtaking when he's sober. That had us both laughing and he gave me a huge hug and posed for photos.

Professional photoshoot - in a sentence: nearly the death of me. I had paid for 2 photos with Craig: my normal requests are arm around the shoulder pose, and a hug pose. When I went in, he gave me a great big smile and greeted me by name. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and we had our photo taken. Then I asked for a hug and he obliged. This is where it gets weird...the photographer kept on taking photos of us. He never seemed happy with them so he kept telling us to hold the pose and he would take another. All the while I was in Craig's arms and getting a little light-headed. I started giggling, which set him off and he was whispering teases in my ear. Good job he had a hold of me otherwise I would have been on the floor.

I went back to see him when the photos were printed because I really wanted a signed photo. He didn't seem sick of me or anything. He greeted me with another cuddle and teased me some more about the photoshoot. I said that the photos were ready and would he mind signing one for me. He asked if he could see them (where I had paid for 2, I had gotten 4 prints in the end because the photographer went trigger happy) I handed them over and he looked at each one saying that I looked like a crazy man was attacking me in all of the pictures. I defended them and said 'No you don't' - anyway he picked out the photo to sign and as you can see...he basically made my entire life. He asked if I would come and see him again tomorrow and I regretfully said I had to go home because I had to work. He looked disappointed but he gave me a really long hug and wished me a safe trip home and thanked me for all my support.

And so endith the epic saga

LadyMaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 02:33 PM
Elite Fan

I do love your photos with Craig He's such a darling! So glad he held you up throughout his teasing
Ghost.Of.You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 09:57 AM
Nad
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, those photos turned out awesome Marissa

Thanks for sharing your story about meeting Craig, sounds like you had the most wonderful time
Old 08-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Elite Fan

^ Didn't they just? Such gorgeous photos!
Old 08-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're lucky and lovely photos!
Old 08-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Part-Time Fan

Been a while since I've done one of these so next up is the incomparable Mr Adam Brown, best known for playing the adorable Ori in 'The Hobbit' movies.

I first met Adam at a convention in Wales in 2013. Both me and Vicki were super excited that we were going to meet our first Hobbit actors - the other being Jed Brophy. I really don't know what I can say to describe Adam. Think of the cutest thing that you can, multiply it and bingo! He is unfailingly sweet to all of his fans, very kind and generous with his time. I gave him a little gift bag of alcoholic rock, biscuits and other goodies which he loved. Before Vicki completely lost her wits around him (that's an interesting story, ask her to tell it one day) she managed to ask him about the 'Single Ladies' dance he had performed on stage at HobbitCon the week previous so we were both treated to a live performance. Quite a sight to see! I also got him and Jed to sign Vicki's birthday card in which he put 'Have they got any chips?' in it. A unique birthday card for her

The second time was only a few months later in Cardiff. It would seem that Adam loves to attend conventions as much as the fans do. This time he was there with his fellow Hobbit actors Mark Hadlow and John Callen. I have to say that this was probably one of the best fan encounters because there were just wall-to-wall laughs with the three of them. To save me rambling, I'm just going to list the top memories that come to mind:

1) Adam actually remembering who I was from Wrexham (this apparently becomes a habit)
2) Adam absolutely dissolving into laughter when Mark Hadlow was teasing Vicki with funny quotes
3) Adam opening his gift bag from me that contained a Hobbit figurine - the sort that you don't know which one you have until you open it - and him getting a goblin and being disappointed.
4) Stitching up Vicki by secretly asking Adam to give her a massive bear hug in their photoshoot together before she went in and standing at the side to watch it happen. Vicki nearly fell over. It was amusing.
5) Adam being a total fan boy over Game of Thrones and being super excited to have his photo taken in the Iron Throne
6) When we went to say goodbye to him on the last day, he pulled us into a full blown conversation before hugging us both and telling us to 'take care and have a safe trip.'

The THIRD time I met Adam was at Wrexham 2014. I'm starting to feel like a stalker at this point but I'm just going to say that I was booked into that con waaaay before he was

1) Adam recognizing me again - this time during our photoshoot. The conversation went somewhere along the lines of:

Adam: Hellooo!!
Me: Hi Adam (shyly)
Adam: I remember you from... *thinking* well from last year. Twice.
Me: Can we just say you remember me from a lot and then I don't sound like so much of a stalker - I swear I'm not stalking you.
Adam: *laughing*
Me: Is it okay if I ask for a hug?
Adam: Of course it is!
*BIG HUGS*
Me: Thank you. See you later.
Adam: Of course!

2) Vicki absolutely dying upon realising that Adam remembered me and therefore would remember her.
3) Giving Adam his gift bag. This time I had put a funko Pop! figure of Drogon the dragon from Game of Thrones in there. I put a post-it note on it saying 'I know it's no Smaug but now you have your own pocket dragon.' He absolutely loved it and I got another big hug in thanks.
4) Having a pretty long chat with him at his table. He seems genuinely interested in what I have to say. We talked about his recent completion of the London Marathon, Hobbitcon, Minimus and his experience overall with The Hobbit. He asked me to go to Hobbitcon one time and I said maybe now that I was finishing up university, I could attend next year. That led him to ask me about university and what I was studying - wishing me luck on my exams. We also spoke at length about our photoshoot. He seemed really worried about the outcome of the photo and asked me to go back to him later that day when it had been developed so that he could see it.
5) Going back and showing him the photo later in the day. He was really worried (bless him!) but I assured him that I loved it and it was probably one of the best photos I had had at a con.

FINALLY....(this is quite an essay) Adam attended London Film and Comic Con most recently. Sadly I couldn't go to this one as I am a broke student but one of my friends went. As a surprise for me, she went to see Adam and asked him to sign a congratulatory autograph for me for passing my exams and getting my law degree. He remembered me again and told her that he sees me a lot. So I got a lovely, personal message from him. It amuses me that he put 'See you soon' at the end. So I'm pretty sure (as is he) that we will bump into each other again in the future.

Old 08-04-2014, 05:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

I would never have the balls to ask for a hug
Old 08-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Part-Time Fan

I didn't when I first started going to cons but you just get used to it after a while. Plus Adam is really sweet anyway. As long as you're respectful and well-mannered towards the guests, they will usually be accommodating. I haven't had a bad guest experience so far.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

IT'S ALL LIES. I DID NOT DISSOLVE INTO A PILE OF GOO.

Maybe a teeny tiny bit.

I do adore Adam, it freaks me out he remembers us, though

Jade, Marissa is right, if you're respectful they're usually lovely to you. It's the people that just grab - GRABBING IS NOT COOL - that need to worry, because that is just awkward for everybody.
Reply   Post New Thread